Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Minicons

Just putting it out there. It would be cool to see minicons enter the game somehow. Perhaps similar to mods, but able to use offensively?

I'm really thinking of the way they exist in T:RID, with the ability to buff full sized bots, or deploy in the way SW deploys Lazerbeak & Ravage

Anyway, it's a bit out there and definitely not for the next update, but an idea for further down the line

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Mini-Con

Comments

• Options
    Neat idea! Thanks for the suggestion!
  • Options
    BumblebeeBumblebee Posts: 581
    Sparkplug please! :)
  • Options
    CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    I could see this working well, basically a way to bring mods with you on missions. It would really allow you to play bots differently, especially with sigs active, and make every bot feel completely unique.
  • Options
    Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    They could be like Lazerbeak and Ravage, becoming character's special attack
  • Options
    Pofh1Pofh1 Posts: 50
    I'd like to see this with Titan/Head/Power/Targetmasters
  • Options
    Hired_GoonHired_Goon Posts: 440
    Seeing as they went with Combiner Wars G1 bot designs and Titans Return was next on the toy list, I'm already calling that it's been in the works. It's a legit cannon method of being able to mod stats, abilities and other aspects of your fav bots. Just makes sense.
  • Options
    MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    You guys do see where this could very easily be implemented as a money grab with it being buffs...
  • Options
    TrailfireTrailfire Posts: 590
    Jon, tbh, I think it could be done as a more Transformer's themed version of buffs, which isn't a money grab, just a re-packaging of the current system. Also, I don't have anything against Kabam making money - it's only if it's done in a way that ruins the FTP experience that would be bad news

I heard someone say some other game uses "gear" as a kind of offensive mod (may have been you in a different chat) and that it worked terribly, so there're obviously ways to stuff things up with this idea.

I just wanted to throw it out there though, because it's become a feature of the current Transformers cartoon series that seems pretty cool, and I reckon with a bit of thought they might be able to take it in an interesting direction.