Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Mixmaster Improvement Suggestion

Hey Mike,

Hope you can pass this suggestion on to the dev team. The previous buff was great. At the moment I kinda feel the buffs are stacking faster than the energy bar for mixmaster during fights where I perfect block a lot or what we call parrying in mcoc. He gains nothing though if he perfect blocks range attacks. A suggestion to further improve him would be to maybe allow some small energy gain when mix does a perfect block on range so that he is able to reach the yellow bar sooner. There are many instances where the stacked buffs are ready to be used but he is not even at green since blocking does not gain power.

Another point would be that since his heavy range has been shortened, maybe an acid attack when he does a heavy would be good. I think it was there previously but somehow I have not seen this anymore.

Thanks.

Comments

• Greenie_81Greenie_81 Posts: 54
    Or another suggestion would be to maybe look into his sig ability. Change the concussive block damage to power gain instead. This would make him more balanced and a better choice to be used regularly.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Just make concussive block stun the opponent and he'll be that good. Why not? That's what "concussive damage" does to one's brain.
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    edited June 2017
    Yeah, unfortunately Mix is stil not very good. He's a one trick pony with his S3. He's still the weakest attack bot in the game, and not a little bit less, an entire rank less than other demos. Compared to ironhide it doesn't make sense why his attack is nerfed so badly.

And for his S3 to be effective he needs to build up 12 stacks. This takes one minute minimum without sig and you can't use any specials, on a rank 3, 3*.

With the way the ai works using range attacks, using his sig to build stacks off melee is not a fun play style. Any play style that relies on being defensive and taking damage is not good. In every area except arena we need to avoid damage as much as possible, not try and bait attacks to parry.

It's also unfortunate that his sig is really required and forced for his play style. Other bots the sig gives a buff or extra benefit, mixmaster it feels mandatory and quite useless without it. The ability to block to build stacks should probably be moved to baseline and have the sig as something else.

We have 3 minute timers in AM and little time in Raid, we can't dance around for 1-2 minutes every fight just to pop off one S3 which if it doesn't kill them we're back at the start again with no damage because our atk is nerfed into the ground.

His S1 and S2 never even get considered. It's all about his S3, and if it doesn't kill them then you're stuck plinging away with like 30dmg melee hits.

Having almost half the melee damage of other demos is not worth it just to have an S3 we can pop once per minute, we're not doing big damage, we're just gaining back some of the lost damage from such a horribly low attack stat.

A 3* mix at RANK 4 (not rank 3) has 245 attack. That's less than some rank 3 bots. It's way way off. He can't compete with such nerfed attack. It doesn't make any sense. Other rank 4s have 100 or more attack than mix. This makes his melee attacks so weak that he's not viable at all and his damage buffs do nothing.
    Terminal wrote: »
    Yeah, unfortunately Mix is stil not very good. He's a one trick pony with his S3. He's still the weakest attack bot in the game, and not a little bit less, an entire rank less than other demos. Compared to ironhide it doesn't make sense why his attack is nerfed so badly.

And for his S3 to be effective he needs to build up 12 stacks. This takes one minute minimum without sig and you can't use any specials, on a rank 3, 3*.

With the way the ai works using range attacks, using his sig to build stacks off melee is not a fun play style. Any play style that relies on being defensive and taking damage is not good. In every area except arena we need to avoid damage as much as possible, not try and bait attacks to parry.

It's also unfortunate that his sig is really required and forced for his play style. Other bots the sig gives a buff or extra benefit, mixmaster it feels mandatory and quite useless without it. The ability to block to build stacks should probably be moved to baseline and have the sig as something else.

We have 3 minute timers in AM and little time in Raid, we can't dance around for 1-2 minutes every fight just to pop off one S3 which if it doesn't kill them we're back at the start again with no damage because our atk is nerfed into the ground.

His S1 and S2 never even get considered. It's all about his S3, and if it doesn't kill them then you're stuck plinging away with like 30dmg melee hits.

Having almost half the melee damage of other demos is not worth it just to have an S3 we can pop once per minute, we're not doing big damage, we're just gaining back some of the lost damage from such a horribly low attack stat.

A 3* mix at RANK 4 (not rank 3) has 245 attack. That's less than some rank 3 bots. It's way way off. He can't compete with such nerfed attack. It doesn't make any sense. Other rank 4s have 100 or more attack than mix. This makes his melee attacks so weak that he's not viable at all and his damage buffs do nothing.

After sp3, opponent has burn and acid status. This gives my mix 50% chance to inflict critical damage for melee attacks for as Long as the status are active. In fact any time during battle, the acid or burn status on the enemy gives melee attacks from Mix a chance of critical damage. Mine's at 50%. I hope this information would benefit you when you try Him out next time. His melee attacks aren't that Low. It's close to or similar to what Mirage gets after an sp3 (increased melee damage for the remainder of the fight). Since acid and burn lasts quite Long after sp3, it's the best time to be really aggressive against the enemy.

That said, I agree to the points mentioned above and hope the game team will look into this soon. As compared to the other bots currently available, he still remains one of the most unpopular bots to use at the moment in all game modes. I believe he's just a few small tweaks away from being more balanced and on par with other bots in game.
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    there's still something missing about Mixmaster.. still not quite there yet when compared with Waspinator or Ironhide.

I agree his passive buffs goes up faster than his energy.. and I hate the fact that those buffs disappear the moment he casts a skill.. if they remain charging up then that would be awesome! We cant then spam his other skills without needing to worry about those buffs disappearing? That's the purpose of demo class right damage has to always be high?

• CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    Not exactly, demo bots are all about carefully setting up for the big payoff, so Mixmaster spamming buffed attacks would make him more of a brawler. I'm actually very pleased with his rework, by the time I hit S3, I invariably have 6 attack buffs and at least 2 or 3 crit buffs, and I can take half a bot's health easily.
    Honestly Bumblebee is far worse at the moment, the AI still dodges all his heavies in arena and Grindor can outright laugh at him in both raids and arena.
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    CandKane wrote: »
    Not exactly, demo bots are all about carefully setting up for the big payoff, so Mixmaster spamming buffed attacks would make him more of a brawler. I'm actually very pleased with his rework, by the time I hit S3, I invariably have 6 attack buffs and at least 2 or 3 crit buffs, and I can take half a bot's health easily.
    Honestly Bumblebee is far worse at the moment, the AI still dodges all his heavies in arena and Grindor can outright laugh at him in both raids and arena.

today I had 2 of my 1k rating bots died in raids due to harm accelerator and a wasp with boosted range attack.. I cleared the other 3 nodes solo using Bumblebee 3* rank 4 awakened. So I don't think he needs further buff. Mixmaster is still the weakest when compared with other demo bots - even when compared with megatron. Mixmaster takes too long to charge up and relies too heavily on 3rd skill which leaves him open to attacks before he reaches there.
    Different playstyles I suppose
  • PeyotePeyote Posts: 163
    His special attack 2 is also very strong and you need to use ranged attack in order to inflict acid and increase you critical rate.
    I think Mixmaster is now a great Bot, you just need to learn how to play with him - defend first, use ranged to increase critical rate and then use special 2 or 3 (I often do more than 500 damages on the last attack of special with a 3* Mixmaster not even fully upgraded at rank 3).
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited July 2017
    Basically, everyone wants every demo bot to function identical.

Why?

If you do that it doesn't matter whether you have Ironhide, wasp or mix.

The only real difference between IH and wasp is the delayed debuffs on ranged, and Sig. Otherwise they both function and play nearly identical.

The rework on mix made him totally viable while retaining a unique battle style. For example, I have KOd multiple opponents utilizing concussive block. Awesome!

You all need to practice more, develop skills and enjoy the differences between Mix and the rest of the pack. Too many bots are already the same.
    At least for me, IH and Wasp a two completely different bots. IH can rely on his S2 (insane damage) or S1 (double stun) mixed with burning buff. Wasp fights at range or tries to build S3.

And we are not telling Mix to be either IH or Wasp, he's already different, just missing something.
    I don't see what he's missing, using his concussive block builds charges of either special or crit, and at full 12 stacks his S2 hits as hard as IH and his S3 is basically "I WIN". Yeah he could charge power faster, but it's more that good play ratchets up his buffs super quickly rather than his Power Gain being too slow. Personally I find Wasp the worst of the demos...unless the AI has him, then he ranges from annoying to an unholy monster.
    Again though, different bots accommodate different playstyles, and maybe Mix will just be difficult for you like Wasp is for me.
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    His base attack is too low. If his special is equal to IH special for damage only at 12 stacks then he's much weaker because IH does more damage per hit building his special and doesn't have to wait a minute or need his sig and to take damage parrying to build stacks.

I think the stack building aspect (or the entire ability) of his sig being made baseline would help a lot, it's not a bonus but something that's required for his unique play style and having the lowest attack stat in the game, even less than mirage.

But then perhaps parrying needs to be introduced into the game for all bots.
    edited July 2017
    Terminal wrote: »
    His base attack is too low. If his special is equal to IH special for damage only at 12 stacks then he's much weaker because IH does more damage per hit building his special and doesn't have to wait a minute or need his sig and to take damage parrying to build stacks.

I think the stack building aspect (or the entire ability) of his sig being made baseline would help a lot, it's not a bonus but something that's required for his unique play style and having the lowest attack stat in the game, even less than mirage.

But then perhaps parrying needs to be introduced into the game for all bots.

His base attack is low because he can do damage while parrying, and his acid debuff increases damage as well. Add to that his s2 and s3 can do an ungodly amount of damage. Seems like a great trade off to me.

In fact, Mix has the potential to take zero damage and never actually use an offensive move (except perhaps specials) at high Sig levels.

He is also Motormaster and exofilter kryptonite. Unstoppable is useless against his parry. Stops it dead in its tracks.

He isn't missing a thing. Players are missing the ingenuity, skills and patience to utilize him correctly.
    Aiming at doing damage from parrying is risky and not rewarding enough to make up his low attack. If he can do damage when BLOCKING, that can be interesting.

If "taking zero damage" means to block/parry indefinitely and never retaliate, how can he get power gauge?
    edited July 2017
    He has the "potential" to not take damage. And he also gains power on successful parry attempts.

It's obviously unrealistic to never attack and rely solely on concussive block to do damage, but the point I'm making is.. you combine your attack techniques with well timed use of parry, and you will escape plenty of fights with very little damage after some practice

And damage when straight up blocking, without timing? I'm glad you are not in charge of making abilities and balancing this game... Because wow... You really aren't thinking that one through.
  • bimblade01bimblade01 Posts: 10
    just change the ranged.acid attack into powerful explosives and s1 into a acidblast .
    No I didn't mean to deal damage with every block, that will be insane of course as the game doesn't have throws. I'm thinking BC who can deal damage with taken crit hits, so why can't Mix deal damage with blocking crit hits for example?
    He already can... You just gotta time it right. Although maybe allowing for an acid debuff in Crits would be interesting
    What's the point of having so many buffs stacked and yet only able to execute sp1? There has to either be a better use for his buffs like melee damage conversion after a heavy or the next thing I can think of is power gain and removed concussive block damage. Concussive block damage is Low unless you have a high dupe level Mix. He is currently good because of sp damage but can be better if some small tweaks are made to improve the overall damage in his game play. Sacrificing some of his existing benefits would be a good trade off imho.