Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Forge screen displays incorrect points

There's a problem when forging that the number of forge points you receive are not accurately displayed prior to confirming the forge. My hunch is that sig ability is the missing component, but I haven't confirmed this beyond doubt.

To clarify:
If I select "forge" on a 3* bot, I'm taken to a level up screen with all the viable forge material bots on the right. If I select one, the number of points it provides is reflected on the 3* bots forge level metre, which jumps up by an appropriate amount. Except that it jumps up by an inappropriate amount.
Specifically, it seems to always be less than the real amount, at least if your using duped bots as forge material.

This creates a couple of problems. Most importantly, it means people are wasting bots by applying more than 100% of the needed forge material. It also creates confusion (people keep asking what happens if your forge level goes over 100).

Most annoying to me, it makes it impossible to collect accurate data about forging without actually expending a lot of bots

I assume this is a bug and not a feature. If it could be addressed, that would be great

Comments

• MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    It's the sig that doesn't show on the forge screen and yes once near 100 start going 1 by 1
  • TrailfireTrailfire Posts: 590
    @Kabam Miike , I confirmed the details of this problem today

If you select a bot, then chose "forge", you go to the forge screen, where you can chose which little bots to feed to your big bot (lets just say which 2* to feed to your 3* for simplicity)
    Then, if you select one 2* by just clicking on it, your 3* forge level indicator will display a preview of the forge points you can expect to receive by eating the 2*. It turns out that this is preview is accurate regardless of your 2* bot's rank, level, or forge level. But if the 2* bot has a sig.level > 0, the extra forge points you receive wont be displayed in the preview.

For instance, if you feed a 2* 3/30 (zero forge levels) to a 3*, your 3* will get about 2,500 forge points. If the 2* bot you're eating has a sig level of, say, 25, the forge points go up to about 3,250. But the forge point preview doesn't show 3,250, it just shows 2,500. It's only after you confirm that you want to "lose these scarce bots" (or whatever the warning says) that you suddenly find your forge level is going up by more than expected

There are three main reasons this is a problem
    First, when you get closer to the limit (whether it's 75 or 100) you don't want to be over feeding your bots and wasting potential forge points. They're the most expensive part of levelling up a bot, and accidentally wasting a few thousand points by not realising you'd exceeded the cap is a fair cost
    Second, players really like to know details of what it takes to level bots up, but it's incredibly difficult to collect accurate data when the preview indicator is broken. It takes me weeks to get enough gold to do a round of forging 2*, and then when I do, I only get a handful of data points
    And I'm far from ready to forge my 3*, but until I do (or someone else does) I can't confirm how many forge points you get from a duped 3* bot
    We'd like to let players know how many forge points they need to level up their bots, and how many they should expect to get for eating bots of different ranks, levels, sig, and forge. It would be waaay easier if the preview indicator was accurate
    And third (last), forging is a game mechanic that isn't familiar to many players and causes a chunk of confusion. People don't want to lose their bots when they don't really know what they're getting in exchange. If this were fixed, we'd enjoy creating some simple guides to help players better understand how forging works

I raised this about 2 weeks ago initially and there's been one small update since then. It would be great if this fix could find its way into the next update. I'm sure it's a small thing (it really is only the forge points accruing to sig level that don't appear in the preview), so am hopeful it can turn up soon

Cheers

(sorry for the essay but I didn't take screenshots when I was forging to explain more succinctly)