Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Suggestion on improving Rachet after latest nerf

Nerfing him to this level is the biggest mistake Kabam did till now for this game.

He's my go-to in AM maps. Mine is 3* rank 4 Rachet (unawakened). I feel I have enough experience of using him, hence the below suggestions to Kabam on how to improve him moving forward.

Suggestions if Kabam is sticking on nerfing Rachet:

1. Rachet is a slow burner.. he takes time to bring down an opponent + heal in the process. Taking away energy regen from his heavy makes this even harder to reach 3rd special. (This should NEVER be removed.. u can make heal at 50% but energy regen on heavy attack is VITAL for Rachet's skill casting - his base and skills damage is already low compare with the likes of Mirage and Rhinox thus this is needed?)

2. Taking away heal from heavy damage and making it trigger at 50% means players will be forced to use 2nd special to HEAL.. but that skill's damage is so low? Meaning Rachet is expose to even more incoming damage before able to cast 3rd special (opponents will be harder to deal with too). Perhaps making his 2nd skill dealing more damage will be helpful?

3. Rachet's 1st skill does little damage too.. also needs a boost. Making it stun 100% of a time with shock DOT damage + stun might help.

4. 3rd special - where Rachet inflicts Shock and crashes on the opponent is the MEAT of Rachet's damage. But with all these changes now it makes this skill even less likely to be casted in a battle. Taking away energy regen on heavy attacks make it less likely this skill will be used often. Hence increasing this skill's damage to double to what it is now would help on his overall damage output (presently it doesn't deal that much damage unless if it crits).

^I'm just brainstorming for ideas on how to improve him. The above doesn't all have to be applied but at least implement some of the improvements to make him more viable in game - especially in Alliance Missions where many combo him with Ironhide, Optimus Gen 1, Motormaster etc for his heal synergy.

I understand Kabam views Rachet as being OP (and takes away revenue from potions).. but nerfing him down all the way to useless state is gonna enraged the players. They shouldn't have nerf him to begin with right now (should only do so when 4* Rachet rank 3s are more common <-- this is confirmed to be OP). Many of us rely on him to clear some of the bots in AM (to reduce reliance on potions).. and some have even invested much resources on Rachet.. and now you give them a shocker nerf without any discussion with the community earlier. Bad move Kabam.. if you plan to do such a heavy nerf on a character many are using please do consult us beforehand.. it will save all of us the trouble and frustration after such a patch is being applied.

Comments

• Options
    MutantdocMutantdoc Posts: 470
    From experience, they have never un-nerfed a champion unless it was costing them money
  • Options
    DavienDavien Posts: 758
    Mutantdoc wrote: »
    From experience, they have never un-nerfed a champion unless it was costing them money

yea hence my suggestions - if they plan to stick with their heal nerf on Rachet.
  • Options
    MutantdocMutantdoc Posts: 470
    Good suggestions. Even if they let him have power gain on heavies that would be good. No point doing heavies now till he gets below 50%
  • Options
    TrailfireTrailfire Posts: 590
    I'm quite sure changing his self diagnosis to "heal χ% of lost health over 10s" instead of "heal χ% of total health over 10s" would make it so that players can't run high level AM maps with full health the whole way through, without reducing his damage output in the least. It's a very simple and minimalistic tweak that would achieve Kabam's rebalance aims without really upsetting anyone at all.

I also agree, without power gain Ratchet is completely ineffectual. I'm not sure that he's been diminished to the former level of Mix, but you now essentially have to keep him below half health in order to charge his single useful attack (frankly he used to fit the description of demolition bots far more than IH ever has done, but now he mostly fits the description of forge material)

I do like the idea of flagging upcoming nerfs ahead of time though. Like ratings agencies that place company credit ratings on negative or positive watch lists, if we knew wich bots were on official nerf or buff watch lists it would help people make informed rankup choices and reduce resentment about every little change that comes along
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Trailfire wrote: »
    I'm quite sure changing his self diagnosis to "heal χ% of lost health over 10s" instead of "heal χ% of total health over 10s" would make it so that players can't run high level AM maps with full health the whole way through, without reducing his damage output in the least. It's a very simple and minimalistic tweak that would achieve Kabam's rebalance aims without really upsetting anyone at all.

I also agree, without power gain Ratchet is completely ineffectual. I'm not sure that he's been diminished to the former level of Mix, but you now essentially have to keep him below half health in order to charge his single useful attack (frankly he used to fit the description of demolition bots far more than IH ever has done, but now he mostly fits the description of forge material)

I do like the idea of flagging upcoming nerfs ahead of time though. Like ratings agencies that place company credit ratings on negative or positive watch lists, if we knew wich bots were on official nerf or buff watch lists it would help people make informed rankup choices and reduce resentment about every little change that comes along

a high HP rachet will heal more so I feel the current heal is still ok. Effect is evident when you use HP boosters with Rachet.

I mean... major bots that Kabam knows everybody uses like MV1 and Ironhide would create less rage among its player base if they give us some heads up. If they plan to ever nerf those popular bots heavily at least create a thread (or even a feedback form), for example like this:

"Heads up guys, it is likely we're gonna nerf the below bots and mods, please tell us what you think we should/should not do to them:

1. MV1
    2. Rachet
    3. Ironhide
    4. Optimus Gen 1
    5. Harm accelerators"

Guaranteed less work for Kabam too as they don't need to keep going back to the drawing board when they receive much flak from the community.
  • Options
    if they don't mind losing some of their heavy paying players then fine, go ahead and p*ss everyone off after each major nerf.