Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Motormaster "nerf"

ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
edited July 2017 in General Discussion
The adjustment to Motormaster is nothing but lip service. There is zero difference when fighting this guy. Completely missed the mark on an incredibly overpowered bot. The nerf to unstoppable should have removed the ability to run through melee attacks and restricted it to only ranged.

Nothing but a smokescreen to show that ratchet wasn't the only target.

Why even bother? We will never see meaningful adjustments to the following:

Motormaster
Bonecrusher
Rhinox
Harm Accelerator

Why?

Because each of these bots serves the purpose of either being so strong that blocking isn't even a real option (Motormaster) or does enough passive damage to maim you into possibly using repairs or revives.

This is why we see mega nerfs to bots like Ratchet and Sideswipe, and the illusion of adjustments made to bots like the latter. Has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with game balance. I fully expect Mirage to lose his unblockable melee attack after L2 very soon.

When you check the effects of Sig abilities and abilities in general, you should be using samples that are at least sig lvl 40/max lvl bots to see how they truly affect battles in end game.

What may seem unbalanced mid game could have little to no impact for end game, and vice versa.

Comments

• Options
    DzSlootsDzSloots Posts: 87
    Buuut there's nothing wrong with those bots or the mod. They're not broken, you should just try to understand them better before complaining about them.
  • Options
    TrailfireTrailfire Posts: 590
    The MM nerf makes it easier to counter attack if you sidestep an incoming charge. Unstoppable used to carry on a tiny bit too long, so even sidestepping meant your counter attack would come too early (before unstoppable expired) or too late (after he launched his second attack). Bee could do it b/c his opening attack is double hits, so he could straddle the moment. Others pretty much always got steamrolled when sidestepping.

W/ MM you gotta be like a matador
  • Options
    MaxBebopMaxBebop Posts: 481
    His unstoppable is manageable now, but the AI is funny, as soon as he charges you and he missed his attack because you dodge to avoid his unstoppable, he immediately dashes back to block or try again, the sp2 buff is real short now too, and I also like his new win pose.
  • Options
    ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Strongly disagree that none of those bots are broken.

Bonecrusher - can kill you without even landing a hit. Practically the definition of broken. You don't even have to do anything in some fights depending on how many bleeds randomly stack.

HA - same thing + stacked bleeds on missed specials. Easily broken.

Rhinox - shock damage triggering on basic melee hits. Broken.
  • Options
    TrailfireTrailfire Posts: 590
    Manthro,

I agree on all those points to an extent.
    BC is near impossible to beat with certain bots. Arcee can do it, but with massive difficulty (gotta do ranged and heavy attacks only). No scout stands any sort of chance. Bee has the same deal as Arcee; gotta exclusively use heavy attacks. Rhinox struggles massively against BC too (his sp2&3 are instant suicide moves). Mirage can get it done, but it's a challenge.

I think the other bots (OGP, UM, all brawlers, Blud, BC, Old-Ratchet, all demos) are all pretty ok to use against BC, although only MV1 & Grindor can really get through with zero damage. I'm not familiar enough w/ Drift, SW or HR to judge.

I think he's the only bot that simply can't be touched by certain other bots, and there're about 7 bots in that category. Every other bot can be beaten by any bot. So yeah, he's one you just have to either die once or twice to get past, or make sure you don't bring the wrong bot

Rhinox, I agree it's irritating that basic mele attacks can cause shock damage. WB gets it all the time even though she has class advantage. I've lost 25% health against Rh with WB entirely from shock damage even when every shielded blow I landed was a light attack. But the worst part is his description doesn't even attempt to explain the mechanism that blows up his shields, so you can't work out any reliable method to avoid it

Harm, I've agreed on that already

That all said, it is what it is and it doesn't bother me too much. It's a bit hard for newbies who don't have full rosters, but by the time you've got a 3* 3/30 in each class you can deal with pretty much whatever the game throws at you.

So yeah, I'd agree those are the least "balanced" elements, but I'm not fussed about a little bit of imbalance. Better than everything being the same :)
    With time, we'll see what the game team reckon about it I guess.
  • Options
    PeyotePeyote Posts: 163
    Motormaster's nerf is both visible when playing him or against him.

Before the nerf, when you were dashing on an opponent, it was possible to start blocking the enemy's special if he was starting it when you were moving on him. Now it's not possible anymore, so MM can't really dash like a tank on his enemis without being careful about special attacks.

Against him, you can now simply sidestep and counterattack, something impossible in the past as he was still unstoppable and would get hit.

He's still a beast, but at least we have a few more opportuunities to beat him.