Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

POOR RATCHET :(

They nerfed him so hard his only use is away misson.

Comments

• KingChris2KingChris2 Posts: 101
    edited July 2017
    Stop complaining about Ratchet. Lol He needed to be nerf big time. :D

One person beat my base when only Ratchet. The only reason people rank Ratchet, so they can spend less money in Alliance Mission.
    Dircules wrote: »
    KingChris2 wrote: »

One person beat my base when only Ratchet. The only reason people rank Ratchet, so they can spend less money in Alliance Mission.

Isn't that why anyone ranks and levels any bot though? So content gets easier and you can do harder things or same thing with less effort?

Are you clearly admitting Ratchet was making hard content easy. :D

Anyway, all games nerf the good things if they think is making hard content easy, so this is nothing new.
  • So with your mind set, you like spending more money to play? The fact is they offered us bots and we chose which bots to upgrade and invested time and game resources that we either paid for farmed. And to just Nerf him and make him pretty useless is OK with you?

Isn't that why anyone ranks and levels any bot though? So content gets easier and you can do harder things or same thing with less effort?

Anyway, all games nerf the good things if they think is making hard content easy, so this is nothing new.
  • Foxhole342Foxhole342 Posts: 13
    The real problem isn't the nerf, yes he was to powerful but they didn't just nerf they decimated him. His nerf should have taken away some regen and added some power to his hits. Now he is t even an average bot, he is complete crap. They need to fix it, to many people spent time and energy into him and now he is completely useless.
  • DirculesDircules Posts: 509
    Foxhole342 wrote: »
    The real problem isn't the nerf, yes he was to powerful but they didn't just nerf they decimated him. His nerf should have taken away some regen and added some power to his hits. Now he is t even an average bot, he is complete crap. They need to fix it, to many people spent time and energy into him and now he is completely useless.

I hope that the harsh nerf is just a way to make sure he's not abused in AMs anymore. Simply doing the stuff you suggest might keep in viable, but also very bland and boring. I like that many bots have some unique playstyle to them to make them work. Ratchet did, but got a bit out of control. Surely some game designer at Kabam is hard at work to give Ratchet something useful, fun AND unique.
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    edited July 2017
    Foxhole342 wrote: »

I hope that the harsh nerf is just a way to make sure he's not abused in AMs anymore. Simply doing the stuff you suggest might keep in viable, but also very bland and boring. I like that many bots have some unique playstyle to them to make them work. Ratchet did, but got a bit out of control. Surely some game designer at Kabam is hard at work to give Ratchet something useful, fun AND unique.

Ever played mcoc? Doctor strange was their ratchet and well he's worthless and been worthless for 6 plus months, but he had even more going for him before than ratchet. They will take take and take, rarely ever give anything in return to balance.

I mean either way I'll adapt and deal with it, or I'll continue to cut back spending till I get fed up like mcoc

Mix is one of first I've ever seen with significant change, but he was released after beta and released as total garbage so makes u wonder how what criteria goes into considering what's "balanced" here

That being said part of reason I liked this over mcoc is there is some fighting style differences and it's not just parry punch punch with every bot the same basic results.

But with changes im still boggled by logic

Kabam "we don't want one bot to dictate content or be needed"

Players " my bots being killed by bleeds from, nodes bots everything"

Kabam "use mv1 problem solved"

• VindictiveVindictive Posts: 24
    We can only hope! With this nerf where is my opportunity to regain back my ORE, gold, sparks & compensation for now having a useless robot that I surely could use those resources on a different character. If you wanna immobilize a character & make them unplayable then you should also return the people who did rank him up because the guy above whines about how OP he is because he doesn't have him & tore thru his base. I say beef up your base it was evidently weak! Back on subject, I think all who ranked him up should be compensated our resources back! I mean fair should be across the board?
    edited July 2017
    So with your mind set, you like spending more money to play? The fact is they offered us bots and we chose which bots to upgrade and invested time and game resources that we either paid for farmed. And to just Nerf him and make him pretty useless is OK with you?

Lol I have not spend any money on Alliance Mission, only energon I been saving. Plus I hardly spend any money on the game.

I know one day they going to nerf a bot I like, sure I feel mad, but is nothing to worry about it give chance to use other bots.
    Vindictive wrote: »
    We can only hope! With this nerf where is my opportunity to regain back my ORE, gold, sparks & compensation for now having a useless robot that I surely could use those resources on a different character. If you wanna immobilize a character & make them unplayable then you should also return the people who did rank him up because the guy above whines about how OP he is because he doesn't have him & tore thru his base. I say beef up your base it was evidently weak! Back on subject, I think all who ranked him up should be compensated our resources back! I mean fair should be across the board?

I just read your comment. My base was like 6.8k, the only damage Ratchet took was from Harm Accelerator and the damage Ratchet took he gain it back when the other bots he fought. It shows that he need it a nerf.

Anyway, your comment make me laughed, because I have 3* R3 Ratchet but never use. Lol
  • SouthernslamSouthernslam Posts: 25
    edited July 2017

I just read your comment. My base was like 6.8k, the only damage Ratchet took was from Harm Accelerator and the damage Ratchet took he gain it back when the other bots he fought. It shows that he need it a nerf.

Anyway, your comment make me laughed, because I have 3* R3 Ratchet but never use. Lol

I can raid a 6.8k base with non-ratchet 3/30s and take minimal damage as can just about anyone in a top ally. If he was so OP why did you not use him?
  • CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718

I can raid a 6.8k base with non-ratchet 3/30s and take minimal damage as can just about anyone in a top ally. If he was so OP why did you not use him?

It's probably down to taste, I have a 3*/30 MV1 that I dust off for dealing with Harm Accelerators, and don't touch him otherwise because I much prefer Grindor.
  • Agreed. I'm just saying that in MCOC before 12.0 if you had a duped SW you used her. Everybody that had her used her, because she was so OP. She was justifiably nerfed. This guy has a ratchet but doesn't even use him, so he can't be that OP.
    Agreed. I'm just saying that in MCOC before 12.0 if you had a duped SW you used her. Everybody that had her used her, because she was so OP. She was justifiably nerfed. This guy has a ratchet but doesn't even use him, so he can't be that OP.

I never use Ratchet, because he does not fit on my Alliance Mission team, Raid team, and he doesn't fit when my play style. Like CandKane say, it all come down to taste and he was not my taste.
  • lilbeastielilbeastie Posts: 89
    Well he can't be so overpowered then! If you could choose others ahead of him then there must have been some balance...

If he really was that overpowered everyone who had him would be using him. But that wasn't the case - his abilities on the right hands made him awesome. But the same is also true of MV1, Ironhide, Arcee, Mirage, etc, etc.

Except now that is. Now he's entirely useless and in no way balances at all.