Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

The Iron Hide Gambit - My Ultimate Goal at a Dupe 3* Iron Hide

Comments

• TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    Manthro wrote: »
    Open 3* crystals, not PBC.

You'll get your Ironhide and then this thread can finally die.

I think 5 reports of the same type on the first post and the forum automatically removes it. I've seen it happen on other ones where I was the fifth and it instantly disappeared.

Just need a few people.. please save us.
  • AAGZ0921AAGZ0921 Posts: 194
    Slibby8803 wrote: »
    AAGZ0921 wrote: »
    Two starts arn't useless. You use them to farm gold in the form of arena chips. Selling bots/trading adds an element to the game economy that would break the game. Reference the real money item market in Diablo 3. Totally ruined the game. Too many exploits also.

To me they are now. I have enough 3* for base defense, and other missions. I like having better chances every time.

Which you still can't use in the three star arena... you can only use 1* or 2*. You can easily farm a ton of gold with 2* bots. Nothing in comment addresses that.

Bots on base defense can be used on Arenas. Any bot can, no matter if it is an away or alliance, or story, so your argument is about as useful as a prosthetic testicle.
  • AAGZ0921AAGZ0921 Posts: 194
    Two starts arn't useless. You use them to farm gold in the form of arena chips. Selling bots/trading adds an element to the game economy that would break the game. Reference the real money item market in Diablo 3. Totally ruined the game. Too many exploits also.

To me they are now. I have enough 3* for base defense, and other missions. I like having better chances every time.

Which you still can't use in the three star arena... you can only use 1* or 2*. You can easily farm a ton of gold with 2* bots. Nothing in comment addresses that.

2 star bots are still useless when you have enough 3 or 4 stars. Only useful thing is to forge. Nothing more. And before you start giving me your glorious arguments, save yourself the time and energy. I average about 200K arena chips per week with just my 3 and 4 star.
  • After he got the 3* Ironhide, he will start moaning about the 4* Ironhide. So be patient, this thread is TOTAL RNG!
  • Slibby8803Slibby8803 Posts: 115

Bots on base defense can be used on Arenas. Any bot can, no matter if it is an away or alliance, or story, so your argument is about as useful as a prosthetic testicle.

LOL my argument cogent. Two star bots allow you to farm an incredible amount of gold in the arena's. If your flush with gold I guess they would be useless to you. But... most people around here have way more ore than gold to spend it on, have alliance dues weekly and actually enjoy ranking up their bots. Making the two star bot very useful for farming arena crystals which I am guessing at this point you haven't figured out provide a bunch of gold. Try opening a few sometime you will get a kick out it. Of course I know you can you use bots on defense in arena matches. But that attempt at being funny, kind of missed the mark. I have two testicles though so only you would know what it feels like to have a prosthetic and how useful they are in reality. Good day sir.
  • AGBanditAGBandit Posts: 113
    Day 60: 12 Crystals to open in a slow week. And a 3-Star was actually opened... but was it THE ONE? Error on my days mentioned... Not day 53 as I lost count.

Comments:
    • You complainers don't ever have to click on this thread. It's clearly not meant for you. There's a door... use it. You could create the silliest thread on here and I would fight for your freedom to own it because unlike you, I believe in one's right to have a voice and not be suppressed by others. This is my voice, I'm using it. An immature populace will try to quash and fight a difference of opinion. A sensible one will ignore and walk away.
    • Become greedy for a 4-Star? Never. For several reasons... 1) I'm a "realist" and a 4* IronHide IS the proverbial unicorn. Doesn't exist. Pretty sure pics posted on here of such were photoshopped. Not going to strive for something that's impossible to get. 2) I'm honest. I say what my goals are to make me happy and once achieved, I win. Period. 3) I LOVE proving others wrong as it happens EVERYTIME. So with that said, put your money where your mouth is. I will. Don't be scared. How much can you afford to lose thinking I'll start crying for a 4-Star? Big talker? $100 then. I'll gladly Paypal you $100 if I start asking for a 4* IronHide. Too rich for you? $1.00 then. I win the bet and close this thread after I get my goal, you never have to hear from me again, and all it cost you was one measly dollar. It's a win-win. But no. You won't do it. Nobody will. Because deep down, everyone knows I mean it. 3-Star IronHide or bust.

2 Months in... still no end in sight. Somebody better petition Kabam to pull some strings and make this 3* IH happen...
  • DirculesDircules Posts: 509
    As an ultimate sacrifice to the powers that be ... forge all your 2-star bots (that you don't use). Generate 3-star crystal shards. And get lucky! Having played with a 3-star ironhide for a very long time, I can promise you he is very much worth it!
  • CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    You can do It! 3* Ironhide or bust!
    I know the feeling, I have every bot except Prowl, and those crystal spins are taunting me.
  • Nick_80Nick_80 Posts: 225
    Photoshopped? Lol cry all you want kabam could care less about your little pitty party you call a thread.
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    What an attention whoring thread. Guess he had gave up and move on to some other game.
    @Davien exactly, he's been trying so hard to get kabams attention. This thread has been up for 2 months and he hasn't got a response from Mike or any of the moderators.
    He's also flagging every comment that's hurts his feelings lmao
    edited August 2017
    Nick_80 wrote: »
    He's also flagging every comment that's hurts his feelings lmao

what a kid lol.. can't get his way and decided to do this. And he's a 100% F2P player!

if you want a faster progression pay up or grind more.. don't make complaint threads like this! Makes it look bad on you.

right now for higher up alliance (especially after the mastery update) people have come to realize 3*s are no longer as valuable. We're moving up to 4*s and griding/paying hard for them.. hear that thread starter? Soon your 3* will be pointless. 4* is what will be important for all the game modes.

simple reason: masteries made it easier to go for difficulty 40-50 AMs. However to move up even more you'll need 4* rank 3s and above.. so yea. Soon T3 basic spark will be easier to obtain too, and 5*s will be in the game not too long from now.
  • DirculesDircules Posts: 509
    Why all the hate? This guy is not begging or complaining? Just cataloging his struggle to find his Ironhide? Doing that F2P can be quite tricky, if you also don't have a lot of time to grind. You don't have to reply to this thread saying how pointless it is. You don't even have to read it. You know what's in it by now, just ignore it and let him have his fun? To each their own right?
    @Dircules that's exactly what he's doing he been begging and complaining this whole time. Constantly asking kabam to rig his account, calling every bot that isn't ironhide trash and saying that if he doesn't have ironhide then no one else doesn't. Constantly whining and crying for 2 months now. If that isn't begging and complaining then I don't know what is.
    True lol
  • jjack314jjack314 Posts: 37
    I think it is amusing. You don't have to read it. The people who get mad abut it are the ones that usually have no self control and just want to find something to complain about. Let this guy do his thing, document his journey, and go about either reading it or not and playing the game.
    Hope you get the 3* btw.
  • Stitch626Stitch626 Posts: 286
    This thread is disappointing on a number of levels - none of which I blame the OP for. The OP started this thread in a fun way wanting to document how long it would take for him to get his favorite bot in 3* form. I have not seen in any of his posts, any real complaints about the system being unfair or that he had high expectations on getting this bot quickly. He even estimated that based on how much he plays, it would probably not be until Christmas until he saw this bot. He posted in the General Discussion section, which is exactly where a post like this should go.

Almost instantly we have people coming in here bashing this guy and telling him hes stupid or that no one cares or whatever. Why? What kind of community is that? If you dont care to read about his "journey", then dont read it. Commenting on it that you think hes stupid or a whiner is not helpful at all, adds nothing to his discussion, and in fact, hurts the community in general because people will be adverse to posting out of fear of being ridiculed by the community.

Good luck to the OP in his quest for 3* IH!
    Stitch626 wrote: »
    This thread is disappointing on a number of levels - none of which I blame the OP for. The OP started this thread in a fun way wanting to document how long it would take for him to get his favorite bot in 3* form. I have not seen in any of his posts, any real complaints about the system being unfair or that he had high expectations on getting this bot quickly. He even estimated that based on how much he plays, it would probably not be until Christmas until he saw this bot. He posted in the General Discussion section, which is exactly where a post like this should go.

Almost instantly we have people coming in here bashing this guy and telling him hes stupid or that no one cares or whatever. Why? What kind of community is that? If you dont care to read about his "journey", then dont read it. Commenting on it that you think hes stupid or a whiner is not helpful at all, adds nothing to his discussion, and in fact, hurts the community in general because people will be adverse to posting out of fear of being ridiculed by the community.

Good luck to the OP in his quest for 3* IH!

3* is no longer the same than what it was when game was new. They are no longer a big deal.

Posting so much here is just a waste of everyone's time reading it. Post a nice 4* duped and we'll all be happy for you... those are what matters now.
  • Hired_GoonHired_Goon Posts: 440
    You know, for kicks I reread this post. To see if maybe I was wrong in what I've been saying. But no. Having reread it again it reaffirms my belief that the OP is just whining. He attacks Kabam claiming that they are targeting him and holding Ironhide out of his reach on purpose. He even goes so far as to claim that if he logged on anybody's account their Ironhide would disappear. He claims paying even a single dollar is cheating. He acquires solid 3* bots and complains because they aren't his "favorite". And he refers to Ironhide as solely his and that all of us are running around with his bot. I see nothing but arrogance, bratty and spoiled behavior. Disagree with me if you like but reread his posts again and maybe you'll see what I'm talking about.
  • Andum7Andum7 Posts: 61
    He's whines like a child who can't get his way I live in hope that this thread gets deleted.
  • jjack314jjack314 Posts: 37
    Dircules wrote: »
    Quite literally, you are correct. That's what the words mean that he's written. However I believe that it's written tongue-in-cheek just for entertainment purposes. English doesn't have a word for it, but I believe the German is Schadenfreude. Laughing at another ones suffering. That's what the author is putting on display here, and laying it on extra thick. You're clearly not entertained by it. That's ok, can't please everyone.

EXACTLY!! The closet English equivalent would be sarcasm, but even that falls a bit flat as a synonym.
  • Stitch626Stitch626 Posts: 286
    Andum7 wrote: »
    He's whines like a child who can't get his way I live in hope that this thread gets deleted.

People whining about people whining.

You people who come into this thread, read the posts, and complaining over and over again about the OP, are the equivalent of child who keeps putting their hand on a hot stove. If you don't like it, don't touch it.

There is no reason to delete the thread. If anything, the mods should go through and delete all of the posts putting the OP down.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    The equivalent term for Schadenfreude in the English language is "self-deprecation"

;)
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Well, this thread will be closed soon because people are making fun of a F2P kid
  • AGBanditAGBandit Posts: 113
    Day 65: 9 Crystals Opened in an even slower week. All with the potential of my elusive 3-Star IronHide. But then the predictable happened...
    Also bonus commentary in lieu of my typical soundtrack.

Comments:
    • So I was reading a lot of the responses to my JOURNAL thread this past week and I must say I was beginning to lose hope that this community had just devolved into the stereotypical Troll-Fest hellbent on ruining anything that resembles an interesting exchange of ideas amongst members. I won’t call out the offensive parties by name because… well… that’s how the immature trolls win. But I will say that the following I do mention, did restore my faith in the community and I want to personally thank them for their opinion and support because it takes real guts to stand up to bullies… especially bullies sucked into the “bandwagon” complex. CandKane, Dircules, Mustangjon, jjack314, Stitch626… just to name a few, you are members I’d be honored to call friends here… If you'll have me... because you guys apparently get me.
    • Now to disprove a few misconceptions.
      (1) Assuming I’m just a kid just because I’m sharing my frustration on a public platform… is a poor assumption. I’m ON TOP OF THE HILL so to speak, and if that old saying loses you, then YOU’RE THE KID in this conversation.
    • (2) THIS isn’t a pity party. I didn’t demand or beg anyone to be here. Me posting a chronicle of my misfortunes is a therapeutic coping mechanism,... nothing more.
    • (3) Attention wh*res post daily & I’ve already stated I’m posting weekly because of “Adulting” and I feel I increase my chances by opening crystals on a weekly basis as opposed to daily.
    • (4) Trying so hard to get Kabam’s attention to rig my account? It appears to me someone wasn’t listening in class when SARCASM was the subject. Ever heard of tongue-in-cheek before? Then you’ll exclaim “but you whine, moan, beg and complain so much what else could it be?” Waaa! Oh please, If I WANTED Kabam’s attention, I could get it through other channels. Subject specific threads, Petitions, email bombs, Facebook posts, to name a few… venting on my own created thread is NOT trying to get Kabam’s attention… so get over yourself.
    • (5) And what’s wrong with being a F2P player? 3* Bots may soon to be pointless to YOU but they’re not to ME. In fact, they will never be pointless to me. That’s my goal, that’s how I beat the system, that’s how I win at this game. It’s 3* IronHide or Bust.
    • So why keep doing this? As I said before, it was to initially chronicle proof of how I will set the Guinness Book of World Record’s for the longest duration of playing without every obtaining a 3* Duped IronHide if at all. But now, I do this to give a voice to those members who are afraid to share their game-related experiences with the community for fear of bullying by trolls who just want to shut down any opinion differing from their own. Trolls who attack like that will absolutely overrun a community if you stand aside and allow it. And we as a community can either stand down and allow them to bandwagon, or we can stand up and call it when we see it. Either they will run back to their dark recesses and hide, or they will grow up, realize the vitriol they’ve created and ask for forgiveness. Now… I’m all for the latter. I’ll be the bigger man here. I can forgive. I’m looking to make some friends here with an olive branch… So who’d care to join me?
    Kabam please give this kid his 3* duped ironhide so that he'll shut up already.
  • All hail Ironhide! You have corrupted his head!16kcjuqhav2f.png

This discussion has been closed.