Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Alliance Mission Lag-Outs

Comments

• Alpha_SRAlpha_SR Posts: 18
    I thought this was supposed to be fixed....I lagged out and come back in with half health
  • SmirkyDrewSmirkyDrew Posts: 118
    I think its so players can't restart a fight if thyre losing for full HP.
  • Did the crash occur before the fight loaded? There will only not be a health penalty if it happens before a fight has commenced.
  • Hogz3Hogz3 Posts: 50
    Did the crash occur before the fight loaded? There will only not be a health penalty if it happens before a fight has commenced.

There should be no health penalty mike whether a crash happens before or during fight. I understand the need to stop exploits but penalize your players for crashes during a fight and saying its that way because we dont players to exploit the system is complete garbage. Get rid of the penalty until the crashes are fixed and if people exploit this then i say good for them since we have been penalized for so long for things out of our control. Bring the penaltys back when you guys find a way to stabilize the game more
  • Hogz3 wrote: »
    Did the crash occur before the fight loaded? There will only not be a health penalty if it happens before a fight has commenced.

There should be no health penalty mike whether a crash happens before or during fight. I understand the need to stop exploits but penalize your players for crashes during a fight and saying its that way because we dont players to exploit the system is complete garbage. Get rid of the penalty until the crashes are fixed and if people exploit this then i say good for them since we have been penalized for so long for things out of our control. Bring the penaltys back when you guys find a way to stabilize the game more

Unfortunately, and bluntly, that's not going to happen. The game is a very resource intensive app and it's true that some devices have a much harder time running it. We're continuously working on improving that performance, and have made huge leaps in stability since the launch of the game. Some of the factors that cause these crashes are way beyond our control and are device specific, like a lack of memory or processes running in the background, or just the fact that it's an older device, etc.

That being said, we're working very hard to accommodate all of those factors, but that takes time. This is still a very young game, with lots planned for the future. We don't want this game to be crashing any more than you do! It's not good for us or for you.
  • Alpha_SRAlpha_SR Posts: 18
    I has a iPhone 6 and this is virtually the only thing that takes up space on my phone. I had just gotten into the fight and it lagged out giving me a penalty
  • Hogz3Hogz3 Posts: 50
    Hogz3 wrote: »

Unfortunately, and bluntly, that's not going to happen. The game is a very resource intensive app and it's true that some devices have a much harder time running it. We're continuously working on improving that performance, and have made huge leaps in stability since the launch of the game. Some of the factors that cause these crashes are way beyond our control and are device specific, like a lack of memory or processes running in the background, or just the fact that it's an older device, etc.

That being said, we're working very hard to accommodate all of those factors, but that takes time. This is still a very young game, with lots planned for the future. We don't want this game to be crashing any more than you do! It's not good for us or for you.

I understand the game being fairly new and is constantly trying to grow and improve. It seems that crashing is good for you guys because it forces people to buy the potuons to accommodate for the crash. I have a fairly new phone an LG V10 with most of my memory open and only transformers running with nothing else running at the same time so im not sure any of that really applies to most of the people that play your game. So it seems that you guys fully understand and are fully aware that crashes are still a constant thing and will continue to be for quite a while. So my question is why the penalties then if you understand the game still isnt as stable as it should be? Dont use the exploits answer of people force closing and restarting because we've all heard that and understand that to be an issue. The issue is alot of your players are getting shafted for things out of their control that you guys could make better by reducing the penalty until you find the game to be more stable. Unfortunately, and bluntly it seems like you dont want to do that cause then we wouldnt have to spend as much on potions and revives so your pockets will then be hurting. Also unfortunately, and bluntly your gonna lose your player base at an alarming rate when you cant help the community as a whole by simply reducing the penalty to 20-25% until things are better
  • tekkn1kaltekkn1kal Posts: 430
    Please don't try and blame it on the device, unless you want to say that your devs aren't completely familiar with every device ;)

I can assure you that there is no device that this game runs flawlessly on, and much like Hogz iterated, my own device is top of the line, with no other apps running, and its large memory capacity completely available to TFTF. I have a second device that I play on that has the EXACT same issues and yet this game is the ONLY thing even on that device. Literally wiped it clean and only have TFTF on it, still the same issues as my phone.

I have had a lot of fun playing this game, but ever since beta this game has felt like it is still in a "beta state". It was easy to forgive that, understanding that progress was always being made on issues, but that was when we were not being so heavily penalized. At higher levels, even one single slip up by the game is beyond infuriating.

The bottom line is, this game is not stable yet. You can blame it on whatever you want, but very bluntly, my money isn't going to keep going towards a game that pulls money out of my pocket every time it messes up.