Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

2 stars need to be removed from Featured crystal

If i am spending real money on a featured crystal then it shouldn't be unfair for me to expect at least a guaranteed 3 star. So i think 2 stars should be removed. This is ridiculous. As a loyal MCoC player who knows how much time and effort is put in these games, it's the least you can do. Don't know why i didn't think of this sooner. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    Then if you played mcoc for a long time you know the drop rates are crap and features are nothing more than overpriced pbc with the newest bot in it
  • Options
    Of course i do. But real money should equal better chances. 3 star at the very least. 4 star should stay rare. Just a thought. So far drop rates aren't so bad in Forged to Fight. This game is kind of growing on me.
  • Options
    TrailfireTrailfire Posts: 590
    They do occasionally have guaranteed 3-4* bots for real money.
    I paid straight up for 3* Bee & UM and 4* MV1. Not even an energon conversion, just priced in $.
    I also paid straight up for a 1 & 2* UM and a 2* GL (fortunately much cheaper than the MV1!)

Then they have the Cinematic crystals. When you complete the hard path of the current spotlight mission, you'll get a 24hr offer for 3 Ultimate Cinematic crystals, which guarantee at least a 3* version of a Baybot but also have excellent drop rates for 4* bots (only BC, Mix, IH & Grindor are in those crystals as a 4*, but all the Baybots except HR & Drift are in there as a 3*). It also comes with 500 4* shards (I think) and some other stuff. It costs 2500 energon, which essentially means you'd be spending real money on it, but that's what you're asking for, right?

I assume when you finish medium, there will also be a 900 energon deal for 1 of those same crystals (at least, that's what happened last month). And I assume the 900 and 2500 energon deals will both be available again in 2 weeks when part 2 of the spotlight mission is available.

So yeah, they do have deals with guaranteed 3* or 4*, but they're not available every week and they're pretty expensive. If you're really saying things are over priced, well, no disagreement from me on that one :)
  • Options
    FoxintFoxint Posts: 9
    t2nx9jfzu1qx.png

1500 Energon spend for this
  • Options
    SepSep Posts: 22
    Don't pay for crystals unless you are willing to gamble. I don't understand why anyone would pay real money for a spin of the wheel. Even with 3 star crystals you're gambling on getting the one you want rather than duping your Windblade for the seventh time.
  • Options
    Jones117aJones117a Posts: 39
    You don't have to pay real money, it costs energon to buy the featured crystals so why would they make it a guaranteed 3* if you don't even have to spend real money? They've had deals that actually cost money and they give you guaranteed 3*s, just gotta wait for them.
  • Options
    Stitch626Stitch626 Posts: 286
    edited July 2017
    Thats like saying you should get money back every time you play the lottery, because its not fair if you are spending real money to not get something valuable in return every time.

It doesn't work that way.

The fact is, you are not required to spend money to earn energon in this game. You can earn energon in several different ways. How you choose to spend it, is on you and you alone.
  • Options
    AmanoAmano Posts: 318
    edited July 2017
    wjkree4q7aud.png
    Real money does = better chances it clearly states a better chance at x featured bot
  • Options
    AmanoAmano Posts: 318
    Another one for youb3nida3jmikt.png
  • Options
    SkyraiderSkyraider Posts: 14
    Odds are crap. I've played the game for months and never once have I gotten a 4 star bot. I've opened hundreds of crystals.

The small chance for getting a 4 star should increase each time you open a crystal until you get one. That would be more fair I think.
  • Options
    Skyraider wrote: »
    Odds are crap. I've played the game for months and never once have I gotten a 4 star bot. I've opened hundreds of crystals.

The small chance for getting a 4 star should increase each time you open a crystal until you get one. That would be more fair I think.

Odds are better a bit when you buy the energon. But it really does suck loosing 20 dollars in crystals. Would hate to be the guys who loose hundreds all at once. Ouch!
  • Options
    HalloweendmHalloweendm Posts: 395
    I really don't have sympathy for the "fair" angle of the discussion, but that could be because I live in Las Vegas and routinely see people throw away a ton of money for a shot at a jackpot that's less than the money they put into it.

From a gaming perspective though, adding in an increased chance for a 3* or 4* on successive crystals wouldn't hurt Kabam or the players and would still keep things random enough that each crystal has a chance at anything.

And $20 is barely enough energon to roll for 5 crystals. Anyone spending $50 or $100 on energon should pretty much be able to choose what bot they want.
  • Options
    I really don't have sympathy for the "fair" angle of the discussion, but that could be because I live in Las Vegas and routinely see people throw away a ton of money for a shot at a jackpot that's less than the money they put into it.

From a gaming perspective though, adding in an increased chance for a 3* or 4* on successive crystals wouldn't hurt Kabam or the players and would still keep things random enough that each crystal has a chance at anything.

And $20 is barely enough energon to roll for 5 crystals. Anyone spending $50 or $100 on energon should pretty much be able to choose what bot they want.

Hey, i live in Vegas too. :-)
  • Options
    KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 1,144
    The featured crystals are just premiums but with the new bots. Spending real money on energon doesn't affect anything, and there's no higher chance of getting the featured bot, it's all based on RNG
  • Options
    Drake6401Drake6401 Posts: 321
    Personally, I do think it's a bit ridiculous. I don't touch energon purchases unless it's those sales and deals like the 910 energon card. That one was pretty worth it.

I do think character crystals need an improved chance. Some people are super lucky an snag a 4 star, ability Megatron in a few tries. For the majority however, it's two 3*'s and seven 2*'s per ten crystals.

Earth Wars is a lot worse though. Their character crystals are both more expensive and lower chance of good results. I never bought their crystal packs and glad I didn't after seeing other people's results.

The way I see it, a complete console game is often 60 US dollars. Why are we paying $20 to $40 just for a CHANCE at a single character?
  • Options
    Spidey076Spidey076 Posts: 222
    Lol then wait for 3 year when kabam introduce act5 and there benefit your complaint will be out :D