Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Drop rates in featured and PBC crystals

This is ridiculous I have played this game since launch and I haven't got one four star from these crystals and almost no three stars, being a free to play player it is difficult to save up for featured crystals. I have to end up grinding for shards to get three and four star bots.the drops rates for these crystals are garbage, I get more 3 stars from the daily crystals! My point is it's hard to play the game when u just get a slap in the face when it comes to rewards. I would like an answer from kabam Mike about this.

Comments

• PeyotePeyote Posts: 163
    You're either unlucky or you haven't open enough. Don't expect getting a 4* if you only opened like 20. I would say you nne about 20 to get a 3* and 100 for a 4*. I myself got a 4* one month ago and about 20 3* from them since the beginning but I have opened hundreds.
    Case in point, you want more high rated Bot, get more crystals which you get from the arena and other events.
  • SepSep Posts: 22
    Kabam's answer would be pay up or shut up. You want free you got it. Don't expect an easy ride. They don't care about you, why should they? You're not paying their rent.
  • Nick_80Nick_80 Posts: 225
    I never expected an "easy ride" and I don't expect a featured bot, but when it's a 2 star every single time it's ridiculous. I have played other games without paying money and I have have gotten a lot better drops, it seems that you're right sep, kabam is just greedier than other companies.
    And I have opened a lot more than 20 crystals
  • SepSep Posts: 22
    Kabam is only as greedy as everyone else. It's not really fair to compare to other games. Other games have different power curves, mechanics etc. Other games are better at convincing you you're "winning" the RNG. Kabam is strangely more honest about it. But, you know, that's just my opinion.

I've opened a lot of PBCs and only ever got two 3 stars from them. They're garbage- I think of them as garbage and expect nothing from them. As long as you can make that mental leap it all just becomes easier. ;)
    That's true I was just venting lol but you're right, I should just be happy that I have a 4 star grindor and OG Optimus, I know they don't care I was just frustrated, but thanks for the advice sep
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    edited July 2017
    Nick_80 wrote: »
    This is ridiculous I have played this game since launch and I haven't got one four star from these crystals.
    Nick_80 wrote: »
    I should just be happy that I have a 4 star grindor and OG Optimus, I know they don't care I was just frustrated, but thanks for the advice sep

Complains about not getting 4* but has 4* anyway. ok.

Drop rate is like 1% for a 4*
    You missed my point genius, I had to grind for shards to get them
    edited July 2017
    The game gave you a way to get multiple 4* yet you complain that Kabam is greedier than other companies.

If they were so greedy about it, why would they give you a way to get them?

You say not spending has gotten you more in other games. It's luck. super rares are super rare, 0.5% to 1%% chance is normal, and plenty of those games don't give you a grind method to get one.

Grinding is the whole point if you're not going to spend money.
    Like I said I was venting, and if I knew the percentage of the drops I wouldn't be so frustrated so thank you for the estimate. So I apologize for being ignorant. I said earlier I should be grateful for what I have.
    And yes, I understand your point
    I've tried raising the point in the past that Kabam should display the rates so that things like this don't happen.

Players have expectations and get frustrated.

It gets frustrating for me too. They bring out a new crystal like the knight one and there's no way to know what you can actually get and what the chance is. We shouldn't have to spend or use resources to get knowledge about what we're spending on.
    That's a good point, similar to mine but you worded it a lot better lol
  • Terminal wrote: »
    I've tried raising the point in the past that Kabam should display the rates so that things like this don't happen.

Players have expectations and get frustrated.

It gets frustrating for me too. They bring out a new crystal like the knight one and there's no way to know what you can actually get and what the chance is. We shouldn't have to spend or use resources to get knowledge about what we're spending on.

It would definitely be nice if they displayed the Drop Rate details. A little transparency goes a far way.

There are lots of gacha games that I've played that have done this, including Fire Emblem Heroes and most recently, Fate/Grand Order. In Fire Emblem, they even increase the chances at obtaining high quality pulls if you continue to get poor draws (i.e. it increases from 1% chance to 2%, and so on). I found it to be a great method of rewarding continued investment and keeping people from getting upset about poor draws.
    That's a good idea, another thing I should add is that I wasn't just talking four stars( there rare as they should be) but 3 stars are super rare in these crystals too, you would think that they would drop a little more frequently, I just thought it was weird that I've gotten more 3 star bots in the daily crystal than Premium and featured crystals lol