Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

3* arena vs 4* arena difficulty

I have 92 win streak in 3* arena and 74 streak in 4* arena. Why difficulty in 3* arena is so high? Its says easy but its realy hard. In 4* arena its not that hard.

Comments

• SerapthSerapth Posts: 157
    Yeah I always found this a bit confusing. AI is far faster in the lower arena. Always seemed a bit of an odd design decision, making the new comer arena harder.
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    Yeah after 30+ the ai has a huge change and suddenly evades everything and has microsecond reflexes. It's not fun to play against, it doesn't feel like a challenge or test of skill, it just feels like an uphill battle against an overbearing, cheating and cheap ai.

I can still win, but there's no joy in it when the ai is that absurd and inhuman.

Another thing, and I don't know if it's ai or a stage bug, but sometimes the game also runs faster during a battle like the fps isn't locked.
    Yeah, it's not fun. You basically have to fight defensively and save for s3 attacks most fights. Fights against Barracade, Bumblebee or Bonecrushers are obnoxious because their special abilities trigger so often.

I generally just run that arena for arena chips so I generally just autofight it now.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    But your winning streak for 3* is greater than 4* isn't it? At least in 3* you can always get "easy" starting from 15 wins and, being easy, at least when you throw your S3 (after taking such a beat from an insane AI and when your ass is almost handed to), you can often kill the enemy.
    Then in 4* arena, after 7 or 8 wins you start to face 4000+ team when you have about 2000+. All you can do is to bait S2 or S1 (and fail) from an AI with so thick a lifebar who can simply take hit to build their S3 and give you a instant kill.
  • MutantdocMutantdoc Posts: 470
    Just autofight it and start again...
    But your winning streak for 3* is greater than 4* isn't it? At least in 3* you can always get "easy" starting from 15 wins and, being easy, at least when you throw your S3 (after taking such a beat from an insane AI and when your ass is almost handed to), you can often kill the enemy.
    Then in 4* arena, after 7 or 8 wins you start to face 4000+ team when you have about 2000+. All you can do is to bait S2 or S1 (and fail) from an AI with so thick a lifebar who can simply take hit to build their S3 and give you a instant kill.

4star arena goes easy after 15 as well. It's harder to get there, with 3 star arena you can just keep fighting using upgraded bots until you hit the infinite streak.

The difference is, once you start infinite streak, 4 star arena is easy. In the 3 star arena though, after about 25 wins, the AI outright starts to cheat. It is super annoying to fight. They proc their specials 3 or 4 times more, the attack faster and recover from attacks faster making it completely unfair.

It really is quite insane that the difficulty of infinite streak in the lower arena is several times harder.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Serapth wrote: »
    4star arena goes easy after 15 as well. It's harder to get there, with 3 star arena you can just keep fighting using upgraded bots until you hit the infinite streak.

The difference is, once you start infinite streak, 4 star arena is easy. In the 3 star arena though, after about 25 wins, the AI outright starts to cheat. It is super annoying to fight. They proc their specials 3 or 4 times more, the attack faster and recover from attacks faster making it completely unfair.

It really is quite insane that the difficulty of infinite streak in the lower arena is several times harder.

I get the point. But I think it will be a bad thing that the team thinks "oh hey, why not make 4* arena really hard, like it does in 3*?" Because in common sense, Arena should be harder and harder like in survival mode (OMG will the team make survival mode?)

So basically, it should give "hard" in terms of rating AND insane in terms of AI. What we have now in 4* arena is a bliss (for those who have fully upgraded 3* or 4* bots, of course)