Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Ratchet heavy "interrupted" after heavy is over

tekkn1kaltekkn1kal Posts: 430
edited July 2017 in Bugs and Known Issues
So, I have seen this since the nerf, but frustration has boiled over for me so I'm finally posting about it...

Ever since the nerf, Ratchet's buff takes longer to trigger following a heavy. This part is not what bothers me. What bothers me is, if you complete a heavy, there is a brief pause after the heavy (maybe about 0.5-1 second, and if you get attacked during that window, it treats it like you did not complete the heavy, which results in you not getting the buff.

The way you can tell this is definitely a bug is, prior to the nerf, if you fired off 3 shots and the AI also fired off 3 shots, and then you did your heavy, there was never enough time for him to get shots off again before your heavy completed and the buff activated. Now, you can both fire off 3 shots, you do heavy before he recovers, he can fire off a new combo of shots, and these can interrupt the buff from activating -- despite you standing post heavy and leading in to a new combo of your own.

Even outside of this interruption, you can clearly see a delay for the buff to activate that was introduced since the nerf to Ratchet. I have even had the AI and myself both heavy at the same time, both of us miss each other, and then they hit me on their combo as they get out of their heavy as I'm standing back on my feet again and the buff not activate.

Please fix this as Ratchet is bad enough as it is.

Comments

• MutantdocMutantdoc Posts: 470
    Yes I agree. Firstly Ratchets heavies and specials are so easy to dodge I hardly get a hit on the AI. Sure I can play perfectly and survive with half health but against any mini bosses it's a 1 hit kill against ratchet. Please buff him up to make him useable.
    Even when I use my rank 4 Ratchet with 1150 health in autofights in arena , he dies most of the time on easy fights.
  • tekkn1kaltekkn1kal Posts: 430
    As much as I'd love to see Ratchet buffed in some other way, that's not what this thread is about.

This is specifically that his buff does not kick in correctly, there is a delay that allows it to be cancelled as if the completed heavy was interrupted. I had one last night where I was moving after the heavy and got hit by ranged and it STILL cancelled it!

Surprised that no one else has complained about this yet.. I guess everyone else gave up on Ratchet already?
  • PeyotePeyote Posts: 163
    I've also noticed that lately. Before he was starting to regenerate even before his heavy was going full way, now it has to start coming back to activate, which, as you stated, leaves way for counterattacks that will just disable the regeneration process.
  • tekkn1kaltekkn1kal Posts: 430
    @Kabam Miike can you please have the team look in to this? Even just as a sanity check, but I'm confident this is a real thing.
  • TreeTree Posts: 36
    I used ratchets heavy not for attack but just to activate Regen no where close to the opponent took no hits and Regen buff still did not activate...had it happen more than once
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    edited August 2017
    Can we change Ratchet's buff activation to start at the moment he's in alt-mode? In the same way that Mirage can purify burn the moment he starts his heavy attack. Mirage doesn't need to complete his heavy, just needs to start it.

I feel these are very similar and should act the same.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    It used to activate when he reached the apex of his heavy and spun around.

It has definitely been altered
  • nomisunomisu Posts: 307
    yeah sad. now relegated ratchet to base defence..
  • I've had issues with his buff not procing immediately after the heavy finishes. It's generally a problem when fighting projectile spammers since any hit before the buff procs cancels the buff. I've had rare instances where buff fails to proc at all, even when I did not take a hit.
    I haven't given up on ratchet. He's still very viable for AM. I just hate how the nerf keeps you perpetually at 1/2 hp. It's too easy to get one shot by the class ratchet is supposed to be strong vs. IMO, that's a design fail.