Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Suggested Energy event

Having a few discussions with players, does anyone reckon it would be feasible for a no energy weekend? essentially giving the free reign to do the missions as many times as you want with no limitations of energy usage?

I know there will be implications in doing so but i also know a large amount of players would absolutely smash the game for a weekend straight if that was to happen?

Comments

• Personally, I would love for this to happen, and I think it would not 'break the game' as some fear. Kingdom Hearts Union Cross (KHUX) has been doing this for a good year now. KHUX japan has entire weeks of 0 AP events, so players can play all day if they wish. It has not broken the game, and it has more players than ever, despite being almost 2 years old now.

So I am all for 0 Energy events. Please Kabam, consider it..
  • PeyotePeyote Posts: 163
    It's such a terrible idea. This would completly unbalance the game in terms of Ore and EXP won. Maybe give energy at twice the current rate, but infinite energy is really bad (hardcore player like myself would reach level 50 in 2 days).
  • Jacko1211Jacko1211 Posts: 37
    Peyote wrote: »
    It's such a terrible idea. This would completly unbalance the game in terms of Ore and EXP won. Maybe give energy at twice the current rate, but infinite energy is really bad (hardcore player like myself would reach level 50 in 2 days).

Being a hardcore player myself and actually nearly being level 50 i dont think it would unbalance the game as much as people fear. I understand that there will be implications as mentioned.

It's certainly something to consider. I just thought why not get some input on this as most people have gone "yes i would love that" but not really mentioned it.

Really i personally believe waiting so long for energy to replenish has a negative impact on the game anyway, being "hardcore" and wanting to actually play the game for long periods of time i would want the energy replenish time to change from what it currently is.

Perhaps im just not hardcore enough.
  • PeyotePeyote Posts: 163
    With an active alliance you now can get 18 ernegy an hour which is fine enough, especially considering that they are more important things to do in the game than the missions. If you also do arenas and raids, which I'm sure you are, you can't be doing missions all the time anyway.
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    Infinite class sparks, ore, xp and gold.

Instead of something taking 4-5 hours due to recharge it takes 4-5 minutes.

Combined with auto you could farm such a massive amount of stuff the entire game economy is destroyed.

It also severely devalued energy recharge items and makes them redundant.

If someone played the game during the week they could easily save up energon to buy a stack of energy recharges instead of wasting it on crystals and get a similar effect to a 0 energy weekend for what non-hardcore players can commit to in terms of time to play the game.

F2P players should be using their energon on stuff like this, these kinds of items, to open the game up and give them more flexibility and freedom to play.

With proper resource management a free weekend really isn't needed.

Consider also that the items given out are balanced based on the energy and enemy power levels. If the costs are removed the rewards would have to be lowered to bring it in line.
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    They have done in mcoc free energy hours... won't destroy economy but a nice kicker.

But at certain times only everyone will cry it's not fair they can't be on at this time or that.

So yeah overall agreement with its bad idea
  • Terminal wrote: »
    Infinite class sparks, ore, xp and gold.

Instead of something taking 4-5 hours due to recharge it takes 4-5 minutes.

Combined with auto you could farm such a massive amount of stuff the entire game economy is destroyed.

It also severely devalued energy recharge items and makes them redundant.

If someone played the game during the week they could easily save up energon to buy a stack of energy recharges instead of wasting it on crystals and get a similar effect to a 0 energy weekend for what non-hardcore players can commit to in terms of time to play the game.

F2P players should be using their energon on stuff like this, these kinds of items, to open the game up and give them more flexibility and freedom to play.

With proper resource management a free weekend really isn't needed.

Consider also that the items given out are balanced based on the energy and enemy power levels. If the costs are removed the rewards would have to be lowered to bring it in line.

I don't think the games economy would be quite destroyed. It would however, allow new players to very quickly catch up to advanced high level players; which is exactly the purpose of the 0 AP events in KHUX.

Being a 40+ lvl Commander myself, I share your opinion on spending Energon on buying stacks of Energy Recharges, however, I don't believe this is a good advice to new players. I reached the level I am -- and as far as I have in the missions-- *because* I spent Energon on purchasing Crystals, to get better bots when I was at lower levels. So new players are better off investing in Crystals in my opinion, rather than Energy Recharges, until they get a good strong team of 3* bots at least.

Which brings me back to my first point, that a 0 Energy event would benefit new players mostly.

This, of course, is only my view. Ultimately I trust Kabam on this. Having studied Games Design at Uni, briefly, I can definitely say that Games Design and Mechanics is not my area, having hated every second of it. Thus I am sure Kabam's team knows what they are doing.

As an enthusiasitc player though, I'd love a weekend, or even a day of 0 energy, just so I can satisfy my desire to play the game constantly. :wink:

• Jacko1211Jacko1211 Posts: 37
    Peyote wrote: »
    With an active alliance you now can get 18 ernegy an hour which is fine enough, especially considering that they are more important things to do in the game than the missions. If you also do arenas and raids, which I'm sure you are, you can't be doing missions all the time anyway.

Must be where I'm going wrong, the players that i have in my alliance barely play apart from 3 of us. Any one want 3 really active players lol!