Forging 101

Hey All!

We know that many of you have questions about forging bots. Well, KG Gaming has put together a video on the basics you need to know about how to forge, when to forge, and what the benefits are!

Check out his video on Forging 101!


Tagged:
«1

Comments

  • asparagusasparagus Posts: 48
    Cool video, thank you. Very cool of kabam to help out with that. I'm still mulling over how I want to go about forging. Do I use class ore and save generic ore for mods? When do I open my one star crystals (I have 90) or should have I been opening them and forging all along? There must be a method for maximizing efficiency. I'm sure someone has done some number crunching. I know I'm too lazy to do it.
  • LaprasLapras Posts: 70
    I watched the video... have a few comments.

    He said there are no 2* shards which is false... I have 1,000 of them right now which makes me wonder what else he said that is wrong (sorry if that sounds rude)

    He talks about how forging increases the class power, is there a way to see the class power of a bot? I want to be able to verify that this increases when forging the same bot a * level below.

    Based on what he said, it doesn't matter if I dump ore straight into a 3* and forge a totally bare 1* vs. dumping the same ore into a 1* and then forging because either way you're 3* will end up the same. Is that correct? That just makes 1* even more dumb and useless...

    I did always wonder about the max forge level, thanks for clearing that up. Sounds like every bot starts with a forge level of 75 and has a max of 100.


  • Hired_GoonHired_Goon Posts: 254
    To add a little and clarify a bit that is in the video.

    As said in the video, Forging is how you make your OLD and OBSOLETE bots useful. In the beginning this is primarily going to refer to 1* bots.

    2* bots should start getting forged into 3* bots regularly when you have a larger population of leveled 3* bots to utilize. In other words, When you can do everything with leveled 3* bots and 2* are not getting used anymore, forge them into your 3*.

    Now 1* bots do not award shards altho there are actual 2* bot shards in game so I don't know why.

    The MAJOR thing I wanted to touch on and point out is the bonus xp. You get the MOST forge xp forging the same bot into itself.

    You will still get some bonus xp from forging the same class into itself BUT the BONUS will be SMALLER.

    a small example tested. 1* bots are unleveled fresh from crystal

    a 1* Ironhide(Demolition) forged into any higher up Ironhide(Demolition) results in 17 forge xp
    a 1* Demolition Bot forged into any higher up Ironhide(Demolition) results in 16 forge xp
    a 1* Bot not Demolition or Ironhide specifically forged into any higher up Ironhide(Demolition) results in 15 forge xp.

    The amount of bonus xp increases a good bit when you start looking at 2 and 3* bots. It doesn't matter if the bot goes into a 2* or a 4* bot. Destination does not affect forge xp after bonuses. Only the bot being forged affects forge xp due to Tier, Rank, level and Signature level.

    There is a discrepancy tho. I have noticed multiple times that my bots end up giving more forge xp than is listed. It has never been lower, always higher. So forge your bots 1 at a time.

    So, for me, I forge 1* bots fresh from the crystal into their respective 2* bots. This will vary from person to person. I, however, have too many bots to level that I don't want to be bothered with leveling 1* bots on top of everything. My 2* bots do get maxed before being forged into my 3* bots. And my 3* bots will be maxed before forging into my 4*.

    So to sum up. The most forge xp will result from forging 1* into 2* into 3* into 4* all of same bot. This will maximize your bonus xp as you will gain more each tier you forge up.

    I hope this helped to clarify the bonus xp mentioned. On a side note, please feel free to contact me concerning any questions about forging.
  • Hired_GoonHired_Goon Posts: 254
    edited July 20
    Lapras wrote: »
    He talks about how forging increases the class power, is there a way to see the class power of a bot? I want to be able to verify that this increases when forging the same bot a * level below.


    Class power he talks about is the Class Advantage you get when you match bots like Tactician vs Brawler. And yes, forging affects this in a huge way as it is the primary reason you forge. The visual proof you want is in the receiving bots stats when forging. You see a %, Hit Points and Attack. The more forge levels, the higher the % is and the higher the % is, the bigger the bonus gained when fighting a bot you're strong to(Ironhide vs CW Optimus) and it also decreases the disadvantage when fighting bots your weak to(Ironhide vs Mirage). This is affected by overall Forge level and has nothing to do with how you acquired your Forge level.
    Lapras wrote: »
    Based on what he said, it doesn't matter if I dump ore straight into a 3* and forge a totally bare 1* vs. dumping the same ore into a 1* and then forging because either way you're 3* will end up the same. Is that correct? That just makes 1* even more dumb and useless...


    Dumping ore is subjective. You should always dump ore into a 3* bot. This levels them up and does not affect the bots Forge level at all. Dumping ore into a 3* bot and forging a base 1* bot IS NOT the same as maxing a 1* bot with ore and forging it into a 3* bot that hasn't received any ore. ORE DOES NOT affect forging at all. If you want the most, yes, max your lower bots before forging into higher tier ones.
  • KG_gaming1KG_gaming1 Posts: 5
    Lapras wrote: »
    He said there are no 2* shards which is false... I have 1,000 of them right now which makes me wonder what else he said that is wrong (sorry if that sounds rude)


    That was an over sight. At the time of making the video I did not have any 2* shards and coming from an MCOC background where there is no 2* shards I made a mistake. The main poin tof all of that was that forging a 1* bot does not provide you with crystal shards.
  • KG_gaming1KG_gaming1 Posts: 5
    Thank you Miike and Kabam team. I really appreciate it.
  • LaprasLapras Posts: 70
    KG_gaming1 wrote: »
    Lapras wrote: »
    He said there are no 2* shards which is false... I have 1,000 of them right now which makes me wonder what else he said that is wrong (sorry if that sounds rude)


    That was an over sight. At the time of making the video I did not have any 2* shards and coming from an MCOC background where there is no 2* shards I made a mistake. The main poin tof all of that was that forging a 1* bot does not provide you with crystal shards.

    Thanks for the clarification
  • KG_gaming1KG_gaming1 Posts: 5
    Lapras wrote: »
    KG_gaming1 wrote: »
    Lapras wrote: »
    He said there are no 2* shards which is false... I have 1,000 of them right now which makes me wonder what else he said that is wrong (sorry if that sounds rude)


    That was an over sight. At the time of making the video I did not have any 2* shards and coming from an MCOC background where there is no 2* shards I made a mistake. The main poin tof all of that was that forging a 1* bot does not provide you with crystal shards.

    Thanks for the clarification

    No problem... I got called out on it a few other times... I have now edited that little sentence out. lol
  • edited July 20
    asparagus wrote: »
    Cool video, thank you. Very cool of kabam to help out with that. I'm still mulling over how I want to go about forging. Do I use class ore and save generic ore for mods? When do I open my one star crystals (I have 90) or should have I been opening them and forging all along? There must be a method for maximizing efficiency. I'm sure someone has done some number crunching. I know I'm too lazy to do it.

    This is up to you.

    I personally, use Class and Generic Ore for Bots, but only use generic Ore for Mods.

    Because there is no signature level for 1 Star Bots, you might want to Forge them before opening more crystals, but then you do not receive the Ore-13 and Gold for duplicating the bots.
  • asparagus wrote: »
    Cool video, thank you. Very cool of kabam to help out with that. I'm still mulling over how I want to go about forging. Do I use class ore and save generic ore for mods? When do I open my one star crystals (I have 90) or should have I been opening them and forging all along? There must be a method for maximizing efficiency. I'm sure someone has done some number crunching. I know I'm too lazy to do it.

    This is up to you.

    I personally, use Class and Generic Ore for Bots, but only use generic Ore for Mods.

    Because there is no signature level for 1 Star Bots, you might want to Forge them before opening more crystals, but then you do not receive the Ore-13 and Gold for duplicating the bots.

    Forging is dumb. The payouts for duping a 2 or 3 star are much better than forging. And a waste of ore if your going to level up bots just to get rid of them to pull them from crystals all over again. This wasn't thought out very well. Point is, your going to get more 2 stars than 3 stars and more 3 stars than 4 stars. Always. And you need your bots for arenas and all the other various fight options and your base. Too ealy too have introduced this.
  • DirculesDircules Posts: 329
    Forging is dumb. The payouts for duping a 2 or 3 star are much better than forging. And a waste of ore if your going to level up bots just to get rid of them to pull them from crystals all over again. This wasn't thought out very well. Point is, your going to get more 2 stars than 3 stars and more 3 stars than 4 stars. Always. And you need your bots for arenas and all the other various fight options and your base. Too ealy too have introduced this.

    Forging adds a massive amount of power to your bots, provided you take it to the max. Adds about extra 40% power compared to no forging at all. Even more in class advantage battles.

    If you care about keeping a very large roster for arena, then forging might not be for you since forge levels do not add points and having more arena teams does mean more points. But if you care about tackling the hardest content the game has to offer then every point of power you can squeeze out of your bots to create a single super strong team is valuable (3 bots for AM, 5 for Legendary missions). Then you'll want to forge.

    It's not dumb. It's there. It's not too early. People use it. To each their own.

    Disclaimer: I don't play arena for top ranks. I do play Alliance Missions at the highest level currently being taken on. My forge levels of my top 3 bots together is somewhere around 230. That's a lot of bots shredded (and a lot of 4* crystals gotten from forging my 3*s)
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,053
    edited July 21
    22ju48yrdlkr.png

    Actually Optimus might be onto something although he's going about things all wrong

    since I don't use 1* for anything I removed about 17 x1* and summoned all 84 crystals I had... here is my new 1* roster from 84 crystals


  • DirculesDircules Posts: 329
    Wow ... that's going to b a lot of 1* crystals reimbursed from the time the bug was introduced until they fix it. Just checked my own 1* roster too (I regularly forge all) and I only have the 6 bots you guys have.
  • PeyotePeyote Posts: 163
    Same thing for me! I thought I was unlucky at first, but after opening more than 30 crystals and not getting more than those 6 Bots, I realised something wasn't right and I stopped opening those.
  • TrailfireTrailfire Posts: 497
    Yup. I always just opened them 10 at a time because I always got "6 new and 4 dupes". I never looked at which 6 until now because I just forged them and opened another 10. I've probably opened around 150 this way and never seen more than those 6
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 555
    So is this the intended function for the 1* crystal, only a pool of 6 bots or a mistake?

    What about 2* crystals? Is it the same? I don't want to risk opening them. What about pbc shards, what about any crystal? Opening 50 pbc shard crystals and only getting 2* seems pretty weird as well.

    How can we trust any crystal in the game when we get treated like this, support says no problem and posts get deleted. This is an honest and genuine concern.

    Just a simple 'we can confirm this is not intended and working on a solution' would stop this from spiralling out of control. They don't have to say how they'll fix it, just confirm it so people can stop being worried.
  • DirculesDircules Posts: 329
    Terminal wrote: »
    So is this the intended function for the 1* crystal, only a pool of 6 bots or a mistake?

    What about 2* crystals? Is it the same? I don't want to risk opening them. What about pbc shards, what about any crystal? Opening 50 pbc shard crystals and only getting 2* seems pretty weird as well.

    How can we trust any crystal in the game when we get treated like this, support says no problem and posts get deleted. This is an honest and genuine concern.

    Just a simple 'we can confirm this is not intended and working on a solution' would stop this from spiralling out of control. They don't have to say how they'll fix it, just confirm it so people can stop being worried.

    2* crystals are ok though not all bots are available as a 2* (UM isn't although he was added as 3/4* which is weird). I currently have 17 of them and do rebuild that roster often as well.
  • OPTIMUS_TOPTIMUS_T Posts: 6
    Big guys can use em as forge fodder. Or streak
    builders.

    Rookies can't spread their rosters.

    I don't understand the lack of caring about that.
  • WojjlWojjl Posts: 1
    There is another thing i dont understand about forging...

    When i forged the my 2* hot rod with 7 duplicates into my 3* hot rod i didnt get any 3* shards. is there a difference between the bots i get in the raidstore (2* wasp, drift, hot rod, megatron) and the 2*-bots i get by opening the premium crystalls?

    is it intendet to be like this (no 3*-shards for them) or could it be a bug? i didnt read about this somewhere.

    PS: what optimus_t found out about the 1*-crystalls is well know in my alliance and by my friends, too. nobody knows sth about this change
  • asparagusasparagus Posts: 48
    edited July 28
    Delete
  • KrugaKruga Posts: 123
    edited July 29
    Not sure if everyone is seeing the same thing, but after recording some of my 2* forge activity, it seems like the following is how the shards being calculated.

    Base shards: 20
    Signature Move level: 11 shards per level (each dups = 5 levels hence 55 shards)
    Each bot level = 1 shard
    Each rank up = 2 shards for rank 2, 3 shards for rank 3, etc.
    (I.e.: locked level 4/20 bots gives 14 shards for level - 10 for rank1 and 4 for rank2, 2 for rank up and 20 base, so total only 36 shards for the trouble.)

    So it seems it is a waste of ores to upgrade your forge sacrifices, rather than just dupe them until max before your forge them.
  • IlIllIIlIIlIlIllIIlIIl Posts: 5
    So I have a 2 star bludgeon thats sig is 358. I just got a 3 star bludgeon which sig is only 158. so would I forge the 2 into the 3 star or is it even worth it to do that?
  • KrugaKruga Posts: 123
    So I have a 2 star bludgeon thats sig is 358. I just got a 3 star bludgeon which sig is only 158. so would I forge the 2 into the 3 star or is it even worth it to do that?

    I assume your 358 is the % bonus rather than the sig level.

    Remember at maxed level of a 2* is only around 150+ atk, while a 3* would probably be around the range of 300, you can do the math and know that despite a lower sig bonus, the potential gain for the 3* is way more than the 2* as you start increasing the forge levels
  • jjack314jjack314 Posts: 37
    It may seem like a resource dump, I wanted to add that the higher up you rank the bots you are going to use as "forge fodder" the greater the xp, rewards, points etc,
  • jjack314jjack314 Posts: 37
    But you only want to forge after you have your bots at top levels. So only forge 2* bots into a 3* when you have that 3* may level( 4/4 100 skill/signature)
  • KrugaKruga Posts: 123
    jjack314 wrote: »
    But you only want to forge after you have your bots at top levels. So only forge 2* bots into a 3* when you have that 3* may level( 4/4 100 skill/signature)

    My exact experience is that if you are only concern about the shards, forging it at top rank max level is just a waste of ores and gold, cause you only get roughly 1/2 of the ores back. (I had tried to forge a maxed 2* Prime OG when I have no coloured ore, immediately after I receive a new 2* Prime OG and rank that up with the coloured ores only, I managed to reach about Rank 2 level 12/20)

    For me, for forge fodder will be duplicated until 100 sign, but not level up at all
  • Hired_GoonHired_Goon Posts: 254
    jjack314 wrote: »
    But you only want to forge after you have your bots at top levels. So only forge 2* bots into a 3* when you have that 3* may level( 4/4 100 skill/signature)

    Everyone is entitled to Forge how they see fit. If you wait til your 3* bot is max Sig ability before forging in to it, then you will end up severely behind the curve as ALL top players are forging and I promise they aren't waiting until the recipient is max Sig. Not to mention how long it would take to max a 3* sig ability let alone a 4*. That's 1 for the initial bot and 20 more pulls after. As for level? Yeah, if you can't max a bot, then you probably shouldn't be forging in to it at all.
    Kruga wrote: »

    My exact experience is that if you are only concern about the shards, forging it at top rank max level is just a waste of ores and gold, cause you only get roughly 1/2 of the ores back. (I had tried to forge a maxed 2* Prime OG when I have no coloured ore, immediately after I receive a new 2* Prime OG and rank that up with the coloured ores only, I managed to reach about Rank 2 level 12/20)

    For me, for forge fodder will be duplicated until 100 sign, but not level up at all

    Forging is not about gold/ore. It's about the extra hit points, extra attack and the HUGE bonus it gives to type advantage. So what happens when you have nothing left to spend gold and ore on too? It happens.

    Guys, don't forge with gold/ore costs in mind. I will gladly pay gold and ore for more 3 and 4* bot crystal shards. And this is EXACTLY why you're maxing the forge fodder.
    All that gold and ore spent that you think is a huge waste is actually:
    Increasing overall forge xp.
    Increasing crystal shard gains
    Increasing ore and gold received

    And these are big differences too.

    What I've begun doing is forging a single bot and maxing any bot that matches the recipients type. Rest just hang out getting duped constantly because 2* and pbc crystals. Once same types are maxed, dump em all into the recipient. Repeat. For 3* this is actually a fairly quick and easy way to hit 100/100 Forge. 4* can take a good bit longer.

    P.S. Yes, Sig ability does affect shards and forge xp in a big way themselves. If you want to let a bot sit around unused until they hit max sig, your more than welcome. You may just have a useless bot for a long while(beyond arena use).
  • TrailfireTrailfire Posts: 497
    Crystal shards, gold, and ore received when you forge aren't effected by the rank, level, or forge level of the bot you're consuming

    The number of crystal shards you get are only effected by the sig level. 85 shards for an unduped bot. 55 shards for every dupe (11xsig level)

    Gold and ore are both only effected by the star level of the bot.
    All 1* bots get 93 gold & 1x 200 class ore
    All 2* bots get 889 gold & 9x 800 class ore
    All 3* bots get 1,581 gold (I haven't confirmed the amount of class ore returned, sorry)


    Ranking, leveling and forging the bots you're going to consume only effects the number of forge points you get back. Duping the bot also effects the number of forge points
«1
Sign In or Register to comment.