Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Forging 101

2»

Comments

• Hired_GoonHired_Goon Posts: 440
    Crystal shards are in fact affected by rank and level of consumed bot.

A base untouched 2* provides 21 shards. A maxed 2* provides 85 shards. Neither duped.

Apologies for delay in posting but maxing unduped 2* for testing isn't exactly a priority for me atm. But for sake of finding out for sure.

Again, a maxed unduped 2* and by extension 3* will provide more shards than a base bot.
  • TrailfireTrailfire Posts: 590
    Yep. I found that out earlier this week as well

Likewise, it's not a priority to test.

My guess is each dupe counts for the same as an unranked bot, and the ranks/levels count for almost as much as an extra dupe.

So the formula I gave is correct for a 2 or 3* 3/30 bot. Not certain any more about others
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    I'd like to know the best strategy or best moment to forge a 2* bot. If I forge too many of them and not upgrade those newly drawn, I may experience difficulties in 3* arena and lose a lot of gold. But if I keep them all in my roster, I'll get those annoying '1 duplicate' messages upon every drawing.

What is the balance point of rank, sig level, and forging rewards?
    I now upgrade any 2* bot to 20/20 2/3 (to save T2 class Basic), wait for the first dupe, and forge.
  • Hired_GoonHired_Goon Posts: 440
    I'm sure someone will eventually do the math but for now I would say level to flavor. What you prefer may differ from others based on amount of time spent with game. My 2* i just build up over time, get lots of dupes, and dump all into the bot of the month. But I don't really run 3* arena anymore either. I max all 3* before forging tho. I want most forge xp possible
  • KrugaKruga Posts: 123
    Trailfire wrote: »
    Yep. I found that out earlier this week as well

Likewise, it's not a priority to test.

My guess is each dupe counts for the same as an unranked bot, and the ranks/levels count for almost as much as an extra dupe.

So the formula I gave is correct for a 2 or 3* 3/30 bot. Not certain any more about others

Actually I had played with forging 2* at various levels and duplicates, that's how I came out with my earlier formula.

I would be glad if the community can validate that formula for me though... I had tried substitute your figures into the formulas and it seems to suggest a different base shards for different stars bots, but can't be sure since your sample size wasn't varied enough.
    The formula I was talking about:

Base (for 2*): 20 shards
    1 level = 1 shard (at 2/20 it is 10+20 levels)
    Each rank up = same amount of shards as new rank level (2 shards for rank 2, 3 for rank 3)
    Each signature move level = 11 shards. (Remember each dup is 5 levels, hence 55 shards)
  • TrailfireTrailfire Posts: 590
    I'd like to know the best strategy or best moment to forge a 2* bot. If I forge too many of them and not upgrade those newly drawn, I may experience difficulties in 3* arena and lose a lot of gold. But if I keep them all in my roster, I'll get those annoying '1 duplicate' messages upon every drawing.

What is the balance point of rank, sig level, and forging rewards?
    I now upgrade any 2* bot to 20/20 2/3 (to save T2 class Basic), wait for the first dupe, and forge.

There's no "ideal" method.
    What you're trying to do is maximize a value (presumably forge points) based on a vaguely known function of bots, ore, gold, and sparks, subject to constraints in your supply of each of those 4 resources.

But your supply of the four resources depends on how much time and money you put in to different parts of the gen, plus a bit of randomness because that's how the game works.

So there's no way to come up with a generalized optimization. The best that can be done is to list the relative costs and compare them to other costs. But even that much is proving to be an immense effort

As Trailfire said, it depends on the roster you need and the modes you play.

But if you intent that bot as solely a forge material, I would say forge when you have signature move level 100.

A new bot gives you 21 shards, while a 5 levels of signature moves (one dupe) gives you 55 shards. So duping a bot gain you 34 shards compare to you forging it prematurely.

And from my experience the ores you get from forging roughly allows you to upgrade a new bot to half the forged bot's level.

So I assume that all existing forge xp would be carried forward to the 3* bot, forging your bot at any level you want it to be useful to you, signature move level 100 and any forge level would give you best return.

edited August 2017
    Thanks Trailfire and Kruga, now I know there's no need to hurry and no need to be annoyed by dupes. I'll try to keep them longer and try to level/rank them up, to make them autofight and win in 3* arena.
    Sorry for necro this post but is there some table listing forge cost? Like the minimum ore/gold required to forge a maxed 3*, 4*, etc.
  • The cost to forge is zero. If you want costs to max a bot before forging, there are aids on Line ap that can be found.
    edited November 2017
    Hired_Goon wrote: »
    The cost to forge is zero. If you want costs to max a bot before forging, there are aids on Line ap that can be found.

I've just registered Line and start using How can I find this? and added the 411 bot.
  • The 411 Bot will have much more detail on forging soon

There’s been a lot of work going on for that and it’s going through last round verification now
  • I just recently forged my maxed out 2* Mirage with his Sig at somewhere north of level 50 and I believe I got over 240 shards for him! Lately, I've just been forging 3* that I don't use. I keep a stable of six 2* around that I use only for Arenas and getting past that 1.0, 1.25 and 1.5 multiplier--I hate the idea of wasting my 3* and 4* on those low multipliers.

I haven't been getting much for forging the bare bones 2* that I get from PBCs and Daily crystals, but knowing that formula now, I may reconsider putting more time and resources into leveling, especially when forging 3* that I don't use or like.