Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Suggestions to improve in-game chats

After playing this game since late April, I can safely say that the in-game chat is severely inadequate. it resulted in alliances using 3rd party chat apps for communications, where some alliance members may not be comfortable with, and it also takes players away from the game itself.

Some suggestions I have for consideration:
1. Remove the avatar in chat and free up precious screen resources for real content - the chat. Currently the avatar serves virtually no purpose, it doesn't identify you since probably 5-6 other people in alliance would have the same avatar.
2. Provide Alliance Leader / Officers with an announcement feature / Alliance notice. Alliance members comes from all continents and had different schedule, it is really tough to keep copy and paste what alliance is planning to everyone's PM just to make sure everyone gets the message.
3. Improve the auto censorship. Current auto censor is erratic, same words can be censored the 1st time but not the second time.
4. After making the censorship engine reliable, maybe Kabam can relook into what is actually being censored. Currently "hot rod" is being censored (for me) 8 out of 10 tries.
5. Limit how many times players can post in Global chat? Today global chat is filled with spam and sometime bypass and profanity, limiting the number of posts in Global chat could probably makes player thinks twice before they spam the chat, and even if they decide to spam the damage would be much limited than now.
6. Increase the number of characters we can type, currently the limit is really too low.

What other suggestions you have to make the in-game chat better? Do you too think that it is broken, or you feel that it is fine as it is?

Comments

• AmanoAmano Posts: 318
    People use third party chats Bc you can group people up and also send pictures and use links and really organize and do anything you want.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    In game chats are always terrible. Chat apps have been the norm for years.
  • TrailfireTrailfire Posts: 590
    The most obvious issue is not being able to rotate the keyboard. No one's go time to type in landscape on a mobile
  • I realy support the idea of making group chat. It's boring to have just the option to talk privatly with a single friend, not being able to communicate with multiple people, passing a single message with a single phrase simultaneously to multiple friends.
  • KrugaKruga Posts: 123
    To be honest I had seen a crappy game thrived as a top grossing app for 5 straight years, because it has a in-game chat that works really well, despite no picture and stuff, that engaged the player base so much that they are willing to shell out big money to play.

There is no reason that a good game like this has to have a crappy in-game chat that resulted in its player base taking time off the game so that they can do basic alliance communication on 3rd party app.

Like group chat that some just mentioned, there could well be a way to implement that into the game.
  • TotherkinsTotherkins Posts: 299
    Which game was this? I really can't remember a game with an absolutely amazing in-game chat.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited July 2017
    The best way to improve the in game chat is to remove it completely.

It makes all aspects of the chat better, and takes care of the lost cause that is the global chat.

Two birds, one stone.

o:)>:)B)
  • KrugaKruga Posts: 123
    edited July 2017
    Totherkins wrote: »
    Which game was this? I really can't remember a game with an absolutely amazing in-game chat.
    Check out Kingdoms at War, the only thing u do there is to tap the attack button 24 times every hour, but people spent so much on it that makes it top grossing for 5 straight years.

The main draw of the game is not the gameplay, which really is boring as hell, but the social aspect of it. And not saying that none of the clans uses 3rd party chat app, but majority of the clans do not feel the need to use them.