Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Synergy indicators are unreliable

While selecting my team for Arena today, I noticed something weird with the Synergy indicator display and decided to dig.

It seems like we cannot depend on the synergy indicator when selecting our team.

6480mrgsjvw1.png
lhcdfpzhngb5.png
Hot Rod indicated an Incoming buff from Prime OG, but there is not synergy in fact.

hkhssnjdsjin.png
0fvmqadkebr4.png
9jasyj7w4g0w.png
Sometimes Synegised bots are not checked.

Comments

• PeyotePeyote Posts: 163
    It's because you only check the outgoing synergies. Tap on the Bot again and you will see the incoming syndergies you think are missing ;)
  • KrugaKruga Posts: 123
    edited July 2017
    Peyote, please spend some time checking out the pict. I know about both incoming and outgoing synergy, but thanks anyway.

If you see the 1st set, Prime OG has synergy with only IH in this set, but Hot Rod shows an incoming synergy from Prime OG.

2nd set, sometimes valid synergy does not have a tick mark as expected. Example motormaster should have tick marks for both grimlock and prime, but only grimlock was ticked.

I am not saying that the synergy was implemented wrongly, it is just that the UI is not reliable.
  • DirculesDircules Posts: 509
    And if you look really closely, at the frames of the portraits, you can see that the bot in the team is not the same as the bot that is missing it's check mark.

Green frame = 1*
    Brown frame = 2*
    Silver frame = 3*
    Gold frame = 4*

So the UI is actually correct, in your last picture, there is no synergy bonus going towards your 3* OG. Why it isn't showing your 2* OG WITH a check, is beyond me.

And for the first issue, with hotrod receiving bonus from OG, if you read the text from the OG bonus, it says it gives bonus to Autobots (ie, all of them). Adding Iron Hide to your team just activated it for ALL Autobots, including HotRod. Guess that's a special kind of Synergy from Boss Autobot... Good to know!
  • KrugaKruga Posts: 123
    edited July 2017
    Hi Dircules,
    Think you are right on the tier of the bots, but how synergy works today is really based on bots only rather than tier + bots, so it really makes no sense to match the tick mark with the tier of the bots.

Secondly, the notion about OG giving bonus to all autobots is incorrect, cause even when it is shown with the incoming buff, there is no buff at all. I have also capture the following just to show you the fact that buff is not there without IH in the picture.

PS: I stand corrected. OG does give buff to all autobots, BUT IH or Ratchet must be in the team.

mws4vuznjyy6.png
  • DirculesDircules Posts: 509
    edited July 2017
    As I said, it is activated by adding Iron Hide or Ratchet (as indicated by the outgoing synergy on OG). After that, it goes for all autobots (try it in a 5 team for a mission)

edit: I see you edited :)

PS. I agree it makes no sense to show a portrait of a bot that isn't in the team, when you have one in the team that is receving a bonus.