Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Wars against other Alliances

Has there ever been ideas banded about for the introduction of inter-alliance wars?

The suggestion would follow that each node, some 18 in total, along a map would be occupied by alliance members, and the respective member's highest ranking bot would be the opponent.

Comments

• I quite like this idea - but i'm not sure how it would work in practice.

You'd need to give the defending bots mods or some other advantage, or most teams would just overrun the AI-controlled bots with no real difficulty. I'd love 'live' play where you actually fought the defending team, but I doubt that would work with the latency.
  • AmanoAmano Posts: 318
    Would be cool if they started adding this, roster may need to increase a little more as you'd see mostly the same bots
  • TotherkinsTotherkins Posts: 299
    edited August 2017
    Well...we know they can do this since they have exactly what the op is talking about in mcoc. They might do it in the future but we don't know as of yet.
  • jjack314jjack314 Posts: 37
    If they do a PvP where you pick a team of three, and fight against another pre-set team of three, similar to Arena but live. It can be done and it is done in various other games by other developers. So YES it can be done, and YES it would be awesome.

Also, an option to either test an alliance member's base/defense would be a GREAT addition.
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    There will never be live pvp in this game it's been stated before. Now they might do some form of a war that would basically be like am map where u place your defending bots and opposing team has to clear
  • jjack314jjack314 Posts: 37
    Mustangjon wrote: »
    There will never be live pvp in this game it's been stated before. Now they might do some form of a war that would basically be like am map where u place your defending bots and opposing team has to clear

Right, but it isn't as if they have stated something and that hasn't turned out to be entirely true....Just saying it is possible was more so my point. That raid an alliance defense is old. that is the most basic method. Clash of Clans started that and even they evolved. That was 5 years ago. PvP is the current.
  • BumblebeeBumblebee Posts: 581
    A dedicated, live PvP mode (and in this case, "Alliance Wars") sounds like an awesome idea! I think it would reinvigorate the lasting-appeal of the game itself and would welcome new types of people to the game.

BUT, that isn't without saying how tediously difficult it would be to fit such features into the game. Kabam has a lot of future material they wish to cover, and I don't think PvP is one of them.

But yes, I support this! :)
  • SepsisSepsis Posts: 63
    Mustangjon wrote: »

This would be welcomed. AMs are a pleasing challenge but to pit your skills against other 'real' clans would certainly keep players' attention.