Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Who to spend this rare alpha on

I know some of you have it readily available. But alpha sparks don't come so fast for me. I'm getting there though!! I guess the real question is though, do I bring a 4* to rank 2 or a 3* to rank 4?

I'm sure there is a post about what the power levels will be, but I just couldn't find it. Help me community!!!!

Comments

• DavienDavien Posts: 758
    depends which bot. post all of them here (Awakened or not) for us to evaluate.
  • Darkenrahl88Darkenrahl88 Posts: 20
    edited August 2017
    The choices are between two. A dupe 3* soundwave or a regular 4* hotrod. Also just thought that I could rank up 2 3*. I dunno what will benefit me more. Ugh! I do have a dupe 3* wasp and dude 3* ratchet. Wasn't rly looking to rank them though. Not yet at least
  • AAGZ0921AAGZ0921 Posts: 194
    If you have enough for just one Alpha Spark, then level up that soundwave. Forge the hell out of him too. It takes two alphas to level up a 4* bot to a level 2, once you have filled up that level it will be around the same rating as a fully leveled-up 3* bot. Fully loaded 3* bots will give everything a run for their money.
  • MutantdocMutantdoc Posts: 470
    I feel the only benefit of a 4* is :smile: 1. Higher max levels, but we are all stuck at level 2.
    But the other main point i did not realise is that they have way better synergy boosts with other bots. For example 3* Ratchet gives 3% health with Optimus when he does his heavy. A 4% ratchet gives 10% health
  • Thanks for the advice. I'll have 2 alpha soon. I think I'll level 2 3*
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    The choices are between two. A dupe 3* soundwave or a regular 4* hotrod. Also just thought that I could rank up 2 3*. I dunno what will benefit me more. Ugh! I do have a dupe 3* wasp and dude 3* ratchet. Wasn't rly looking to rank them though. Not yet at least

I would rank 4 your Soundwave and Rachet first then. I use Rachet each time in AM.

Hot Rod is really poor as a warrior. Bonecrusher is the best now, and 2nd place is Bludgeon.. Drift would be in the top 5 too if you have him duped. just need to keep his combo up to be crazy strong.
  • MutantdocMutantdoc Posts: 470
    Soundwave for sure. At the moment your 3* is a better idea. Wasp is a very good base defender paired with the laser mod
  • TrailfireTrailfire Posts: 590
    Agree. If t1a are taking you a long time, it's best to pick two 3* to r4. They should be bots that help you with raids, story mission, and special events. Definitely don't put your strongest bots in base defense - it has zero value to you other than ego.

Having two strong bots from different classes will help you get through a lot of the harder content. And it will make it much much easier to get lots more t1a from raids.

I suggest ranking a brawler and a tech tbh. Those will help you most in raids. SW is a great choice! He'll get you past all the Wasp and Megatron base defenders. Any brawler will help you with all the harm mods (MV1 is ideal, but any of them are good enough). Once you're acing 7-9k raids you'll find it easy to get a t1a every 8 days
  • MezoriMezori Posts: 38

I'd do SW at this point for sure