Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Arena points system

This is in regards to the points you receive from each fight in an arena match. Usually they will be around the same amount (three ~800pts), but every so often I get reduced points on one of them (two ~800pts and one ~400pts). It would make some sense if, for that fight, my bot was a higher rank than the other bot. But for most of the cases when it happens, I am using a lower ranked bot than what I'm up against. One example recently was like a 130 against a mid 300. Or another example was that my bot was maybe a few lower than the other, so like mine was 320 and the other was 350, and my points dropped to 400.

Just looking for answers as to what makes points lower than others and how I can avoid getting reduced points.

Comments

• JKLJKL Posts: 997
    Based on the PI of the bot you bring. Higher PI, more points. Rank them to max to get the most points.
  • what he said - the points are based on the star rating of your bot and the total PI rating of both your bot and your opponent.

Does seem silly that you get lower points if you beat a bot with a low PI bot than a high PI bot though, as the harder fight gets you fewer points. But that's the system, so you have to play it as it stands and rank your bots to get the points in.
  • ScymonScymon Posts: 20
    Thanks guys, now that I know this, I'll be sure to rank up my bots more in preparation.
  • TrailfireTrailfire Posts: 590
    Yep. This is how some ppl can achieve massive arena scores. If they buy loads of featured crystals, they might have nearly 20 4* bots by now. And those get loads of pts for each fight in arena. So there are ppl who can put up nearly 200k every couple of hours without refreshing any of their bots, just b/c they have a lot of high value bots. The only way to compete with that right now is to get as many 4* bots as you can. Arena is the part of the game that most rewards people willing to spend a lot of money on the game. You just have to accept that those people are financing your hobby/entertainment, and be happy about it
  • ScymonScymon Posts: 20
    @Trailfire I don't have a problem with people wasting their money on a mobile game to gain an advantage, that's just a part of so many mobile games now away. I was just wondering why my points were lower than others; and now I know that it's cause I have a lower * bot than what I'm going up against. Which I do agree with @lilbeastie that it seems a little backwards to give less points the lower the * of your bot is.
  • minor point - I don't think it's backwards that you get lower points for using a 1* over a 4*. There should be an advantage to the rarer bots in my opinion.

I do think it's a bit silly that you don't get any bonus for beating a higher rated bot with a lower one though, regardless of star rating. But the rating system is what it is, there are pros and cons to each system and this is what Kabam have chosen so all you can do is play the system as it is. There are much bigger problems with the game than this!
  • TrailfireTrailfire Posts: 590
    Since 4* bots take 25% longer to be re-usable, it'd frankly be completely silly to not award them more points than 3* bots