Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Opened multiple crystals only 1 prize

Recently got 3 sharpshooter crystals in exchange for 450 energon opened all crystals at once rather than 1 by 1, only got a 2 star mv1 optimus prime duplicate but no other prizes or rewards and the other 2 crystals are gone I'm 300 energon down and bery unhappy as I recently purchased an energon pack from the app store. Not happy that kabam have taken my money and then allow this happen

Comments

• MaxBebopMaxBebop Posts: 481
    Did it say 3 duplicates? You only see the bots avatar icon if their sig ability is powered up, your mv1 must not be maxed out yet the other two crystals were for two or one bot that is level 100 sig, you would only see the ore, not the bot pic.
  • Nick_80Nick_80 Posts: 225
    Well first off you GAVE kabam your money they didn't take it from you.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    MaxBebop wrote: »
    Did it say 3 duplicates? You only see the bots avatar icon if their sig ability is powered up, your mv1 must not be maxed out yet the other two crystals were for two or one bot that is level 100 sig, you would only see the ore, not the bot pic.

This
  • They said 3 duplicate's of the same bot whilst opening 3 crystals at once if an rng is used what's the probability of 3 of the same coming up
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    I had the same 2* mod (harm accelerator) land 12 or 13 times in a row before.. happens.
  • TrailfireTrailfire Posts: 590
    The probability of three of the same coming up is about 100%

Not to say that it will happen every time, but it will definitely happen sometimes. And then if ppl complain about every time it happens you get these weird perceptions of what's going on. The problem isn't Kabam short changing ppl, it's that randomness is very hard to get your head around because we evolved to see patterns and meaning in events.

If you're not convinced, roll a dice 100 times and write down the results. Then look at the numbers and see if there's any number repeated 3 times in a row. It happens. The fact that it happens means it must happen to someone. In this case, it happened to you.

It's a gamble and you don't know the odds. (Neither do I, but I know they're below what I'm willing to pay for)

• CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    Manthro wrote: »
    I had the same 2* mod (harm accelerator) land 12 or 13 times in a row before.. happens.

That one was a glitch in the rng, but yeah Trailfire made a good point, I've gotten three Barricade in a row off of the 2* crystals during this arena
  • Slibby8803Slibby8803 Posts: 115
    Trailfire wrote: »
    The probability of three of the same coming up is about 100%

Not to say that it will happen every time, but it will definitely happen sometimes. And then if ppl complain about every time it happens you get these weird perceptions of what's going on. The problem isn't Kabam short changing ppl, it's that randomness is very hard to get your head around because we evolved to see patterns and meaning in events.

If you're not convinced, roll a dice 100 times and write down the results. Then look at the numbers and see if there's any number repeated 3 times in a row. It happens. The fact that it happens means it must happen to someone. In this case, it happened to you.

It's a gamble and you don't know the odds. (Neither do I, but I know they're below what I'm willing to pay for)

Another good one for the D&D folks. Roll 6d20 there is a 54% chance that on any given roll you will repeat a number. As in get a duplicate...
  • Stitch626Stitch626 Posts: 286
    Just as a reminder, the bot pool for this game is fairly low right now (especially when you compare it to a game like MCOC). Getting a lot of duplicates right now is fairly common.