Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Best Non-Tactician contours to Grimlock?

Level 40 player here, working on finishing the Hard version of the Size Matters mission, the final bot is Grimlock . I have 3* R4 40/40 bots for every other class but Tactician, I have a one time duped Bumblebee and a non-duped Ultra Magnus, but not sure if they are worth dumping the ore and the Alpha spark into. I have been trying to get a 3* OG Prime to rank up, but so far no luck.

My question is this; are there other bots that you have had success with on Grimlock? I have been able to beat him but it has taken multiple bots so far, just wondering if there are other bots I should be trying on him.

Thanks.

Comments

• TrailfireTrailfire Posts: 590
    Bee is a great bot and he'll work extra well against GL because of his size.

The trick to GL is bait his sp1. You don't wanna face that sp2!!! It's crazy hard to evade. Just keep stepping back then letting your bot walk slowly in again (once his power bar is green) and he'll go for sp1, which you can easily evade.

Other than that, techs and demo bots will work well, and brawlers are ok. Scouts and warriors, probably not so much
  • juliusjulius Posts: 66
    Specifically in that mission, you just need to dodge the heavy from the Grimlock, since the heavy is amplified as you may read from the mod description.

Bee is great; other than that, brawlers will do
    seeker1321 wrote: »
    Level 40 player here, working on finishing the Hard version of the Size Matters mission, the final bot is Grimlock . I have 3* R4 40/40 bots for every other class but Tactician, I have a one time duped Bumblebee and a non-duped Ultra Magnus, but not sure if they are worth dumping the ore and the Alpha spark into. I have been trying to get a 3* OG Prime to rank up, but so far no luck.

My question is this; are there other bots that you have had success with on Grimlock? I have been able to beat him but it has taken multiple bots so far, just wondering if there are other bots I should be trying on him.

Thanks.

• KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    I beat hard Grimlock with a 900 duped Mirage with half of my lifebar. Mirage simply laugh at his face.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Prowl is a very good counter to Grimlock, since he doesn't put any debuffs on Grim which can be purified
  • Ironhide if you spam , as Ironhide has burn and his special skill is op in damage, or Cinematic Optimus as he has a fairly high health and damage, also try Ratchet, his 3rd move is op as you shock the opponent and the run him over
  • seeker1321seeker1321 Posts: 83
    edited August 2017
    Thanks for the all the input everyone.

I ranked up my 3* Bumblebee all the way, but still had trouble with the Grimlock in the in the hard level of Size Matters it ended up taking the Bumblebee and my MotorMaster to take him down after the last two paths. The Grimlock seemed really aggressive, he tore apart my IronHide when I tried using him, pinned him in the corner and took him down.

I was talking to a member of my alliance about it, I tend to play with a pretty aggressive style, I need to work on slowing my game down and work on the block, dodge, and contour aspects of the battle.

I was able to get through it and get my 100% on this special mission.

One Murphy's law comment, not even half a day after using my last Alpha spark on the Bumblebee and spending my stockpile of gold and ore on leveling him up. I got enough shards for a crystal in the current arena and opened the 3* OG Prime I have been wanting for weeks.
  • Stitch626Stitch626 Posts: 286
    If you like to play aggressive, then I would recommend MotorMaster. His unstoppable charge is great at dealing with bots that tend to do a lot of shooting, as well as interrupting Heavy Attacks if timed right. I used MM on Grimlock and he did very well.
  • Stitch626 wrote: »
    If you like to play aggressive, then I would recommend MotorMaster. His unstoppable charge is great at dealing with bots that tend to do a lot of shooting, as well as interrupting Heavy Attacks if timed right. I used MM on Grimlock and he did very well.

Yeah I agree, that is what I ended up doing on the last two paths, soften him up with my BB and then took him down with MotorMaster