Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Arena AI on Crack

I just noticed that after streak 15 in the arena the ai suddenly goes insane. I can barely get 1 hit off sometimes and it's really annoying. Is this how the arena is going to be from now on?
Tagged:

Comments

• Mufc14Mufc14 Posts: 643
    Unfortunately yes, consider it a punishment from Kabam because you passed the impossible 15th wins barrier.
  • WalterWalter Posts: 2
    Improve your technology is the key
  • Very frustrating indeed. AI reacts at the very millisecond you drop your guard and launches a special, breaks away from your specials and starts blocking when the bot doesn't have evade ability, dodges everything, even right after a blocked attack, blocks everything, fires only two shots when it doesn't connect and three when it does. Losing to 2* 440-450 ish to my 540-560 bots. Devastating special attacks, when it's not even a class advantage fight, like losing 75% of your health from IH special 1. This is freaking impossible to fight against. Isn't AI supposed to emulate human behavior? Leaving small chances, at least, passed a certain streak, cuz now, passed 20 wins, its god-mode. The difference is way too obvious to deny it.

>:-B
  • tekkn1kaltekkn1kal Posts: 430
    It doesn't bother me, maybe makes arena a bit more interesting... but I agree that the AI is reacting differently. As a result, auto play is no longer effective past round 20, which should be another indication that something changed.
  • I agree it does make the arena interesting past streak 15. But it's like they have .000001 reaction time.
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    Does anyone else feel like they suddenly changed this back to the way it was within the past few hours. I can notice a huge difference between the last wave of fights I did in 4 star arena and now.
  • Synthwave wrote: »
    Does anyone else feel like they suddenly changed this back to the way it was within the past few hours. I can notice a huge difference between the last wave of fights I did in 4 star arena and now.

Actually yeah a little. I feel like the second shockwave arenas AI is a little toned down than the first one.
  • CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    It hit me at streak 25. I had a Grindor that played like a Spetznaz ballerina with hammers for arms and a precognitive ability, ignored Megatron's heavy by dashing through it twice. Followed up by a Windblade who was literally unhittable. She literally left purple afterimages when she dashed backwards in ONE FRAME through every attack Drift threw at her, then punished him with a five hit combo. I throw an S3 and almost win, then she tosses out an S1 that has a second hit reaching TO THE RANGE OF PROWL'S S2.
    Way to go Kabam, got me thinking I finally could get these infinite streaks I keep hearing about. Nope, thank you for playing, please try again
  • juliusjulius Posts: 66
    LOL, see if Kabam easily tweaks the AI a little, players will feel dramatic difference. Are players playing the game or played by the game?
    CandKane wrote: »
    It hit me at streak 25. I had a Grindor that played like a Spetznaz ballerina with hammers for arms and a precognitive ability, ignored Megatron's heavy by dashing through it twice. Followed up by a Windblade who was literally unhittable. She literally left purple afterimages when she dashed backwards in ONE FRAME through every attack Drift threw at her, then punished him with a five hit combo. I throw an S3 and almost win, then she tosses out an S1 that has a second hit reaching TO THE RANGE OF PROWL'S S2.
    Way to go Kabam, got me thinking I finally could get these infinite streaks I keep hearing about. Nope, thank you for playing, please try again

• DavienDavien Posts: 758
    because Kabam wants you to lose your streak. will be fair to those who can't get past Streak 15-16.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    This is twofold: after 15 streak you have "easy" opponent teams, which are easy in rating but harder in AI. They're even harder after 30 streak when you can't retaliate at all after eating a 5-combo (when you can sometimes retaliate between 16 and 30).
    But ... being easy in rating, they're low in lifebar, and when you're that frustrated after getting your tailpipe kicked, you have your S3 ready B) , and it kills.
  • What's the deal in the 3* arena now? AI has gone into stupid mode, don't even wanna bother when my maxed out sideswipe almost fully forged was awesome a week ago. Now takes a beating from a 400ish sideswipe........ridiculous
  • Please dial it back a bit the 4* is dumb enough for the both of them
  • EntiEnti Posts: 4
    Personally I enjoy it. Even when it is infuriating because of AI evading/blocking all my attacks, but that usually ends after about 10 seconds of madness. Fights are way faster after 30 streak, can do whole arena session in almost half the time it takes before 30. Takes quick reflexes, good perception of AI and a good amount of focus/concentration - and yeah, autoplay is not a viable option. Was able to get to 110 streak then arena reset, and I lost the will to reach that level again xD
  • tekkn1kaltekkn1kal Posts: 430
    All I care about is that they are transparent about these kinds of changes. They want to make the game harder, go right ahead.
  • I don't mind more difficulty, it's just such a drastic change that seemed to happen in the middle of an arena run without warning. I like counter attack fighting and that was made nearly impossible in comparison without warning.
    If they wanna do live testing or whatever, please let players know and implement changes at the start of a new arena, not in the middle