Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Thoughts on the $100 4* + energon sale?

ur guys thoughts?
and the other 3* deals
basically free unit with purchase.

Comments

• KingChris2KingChris2 Posts: 101
    edited August 2017
    The deal is meh.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited August 2017
    Kabam tosses a cash purchase package and calls them "free" crystals without yet communicating an action plan to alliances that got hosed in AM after the update.

Some of those guys spent hundreds of dollars worth of energon to complete the map, and not a peep from Kabam about what they will do about it.

It's not rocket science. Refund the energon. That's what any respectable business in the real world does when they screw up.

Instead we get a crap offer in the energon store and game mail with the word FREE all over it.

Might as well take a dump on a birthday cake and call it icing.

That's what everyone here should think about that offer.
  • JadeJade Posts: 2
    The $5 dollar 3 star deal is good if you want one. The $100 deal is a good deal when compared to the cost it usually takes to buy energon and roll crystals for a 4 star. Not saying it isn't expensive, but those are the two deals I liked.
    edited August 2017
    Jade wrote: »
    The $5 dollar 3 star deal is good if you want one. The $100 deal is a good deal when compared to the cost it usually takes to buy energon and roll crystals for a 4 star. Not saying it isn't expensive, but those are the two deals I liked.

You gotta be kidding me...

3 and 4* crystals are already free. You earn shards for them in free events and for free bots that you forge.

In fact, you cannot buy them. The only way to acquire them IS for free.

So Kabam takes something that is already free and gives it to you for NOT FREE, but they call it "free"

Senseless deals for people with no sense.
    That's not what I'm saying at all.

I spend, but I only spend when they offer me something exclusive, ultra rare, or % more energon for the same money.

4* crystals aren't that hard to come by, realistically. There's no incentive there.

Now... You offer me a chance at any bot in that 4* crystal that isn't currently on the rotation, you have my attention. Basically, a feature crystal but only with 4* bots.
  • SabugenSabugen Posts: 350
    kabam has the worst sales strategy i've ever seen in my life. its a wonder they earn anything at all...
  • Joker69Joker69 Posts: 345
    $100 is too expensive for a 4*
  • Nick_80Nick_80 Posts: 225
    The $50 deal is probably the worst.
  • $5 for a free (on the spot, no chance involved except for WHICH one you get) bot plus energon is good. Their marketing may be off, but if their default is $5-$100 for energon and then they throw in bots with each purchase, that's an added value to an existing deal.

How about going out on a limb, Kabam, and letting players choose the 3* or 4* they get with their energon deal? Free choice but not free. Let them spend 25% of the energon they would purchase to select their desired Transformer from a list of 3-5 olther bots. Or they could spend 75% of the energon they would get to choose specifically which 3* they can have.

In the case of the $50 purchase, and $100 purchase, I'd say let them choose the one they want. That's a lot of money to drop on a game played on a phone and not get what you want. Everyone understands the chance factor--me especially since I've lived in Las Vegas over 20 years, but its also a game and the purpose of the game is to have fun. Not much fun to be had if you're dropping big bills and you either get bots you don't have any interest in, or worse, get bots you really, really, don't want to have at all. They can be a balance established==I'm not suggesting all the time people get to choose, but for deals like this, you'd have happier players for sure, and maybe more people willing to spend more money for the definite ability to choose their Transformers prize.
  • Hired_GoonHired_Goon Posts: 440
    All this is is Kabams standard "Here is some extra stuff so please buy energon" sale. No different than when they do the same thing with sparks. If you were already planning to buy some energon, here's a free crystal that required no grind. If you have no plans to buy energon then there is no reason to purchase these deals just because a crystal was attached. The only one that most players would want being the 4* crystal and I personally don't feel that the time to acquire crystal in-game vs. just dropping $100 on one being anywhere close to worth it.
  • SabugenSabugen Posts: 350
    edited August 2017
    they dont want to add value they want to sweeten the deal so people will buy, but that's not really sweetening the deal for any player other than really fresh ones.
    for 100$ i would give 3 4* bots for example. now it sounds worth it. 50$ 1 4*, something like that. same with the 3* bots on lesser deals. i bet many will buy the deal i suggested no? this way you actually offer progress. for 1 crystal people won't spend 100$ because in a few days they can create that for free. but 3 crystals? hell that's weeks worth of progress and something to think about. kabam seems to be clueless in sales seriously. they almost never have attractive deals, when they do then it's probably a fluke.
  • CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    It's too expensive for me, but considering I have yet to collect enough shards for a 4* crystal after five months the free crystal would have some value.
    Then again, if I were willing to drop $100 all at once on the game then I'm probably going to be a hardcore p2w player who already has 4* bots, so I have to agree that the price isn't worth it.
  • I'd be tempted to buy the $5 deal, since I've already dropped plenty of money on this game in the beginning. If Kabam would change the $50 deal to include a 4* instead, then I'd seriously consider that as well.
  • For $100, the entire frigging game should be unlocked, and a gamepad/t-shirt combo thrown in, to boot. That's roughly 1/3 the cost of a home console...for a mobile game. Any jerk that gives them THAT amount of money should look in the mirror every time they ask themselves: "Why are so many games 'pay to win'?" Although my guess is that anyone willing to waste $100 on a mobile game, (no matter how much fun), is paying to win. And so the snake eats it own tail...
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    edited August 2017
    Manthro wrote: »

I spend, but I only spend when they offer me something exclusive, ultra rare, or % more energon for the same money.

4* crystals aren't that hard to come by, realistically. There's no incentive there.

Now... You offer me a chance at any bot in that 4* crystal that isn't currently on the rotation, you have my attention. Basically, a feature crystal but only with 4* bots.

this.. they should start selling 4* Megatron /Grimlock/ Shockwave/Prowl/Rachet/MV1 with USD100 bundle (which includes the energon).. would definitely buy it (only pick strong meta characters to bundle please). 4* shards are already farmable and is technically free. What incentive is there to buy them if we can already farm them? And there's always RNG in those 4* crystals.. I'm definitely not gonna pay USD100 to get frustrated at a free spin that lands on a 4* Sideswipe, or worst 4* Arcee!
    For $100, the entire frigging game should be unlocked, and a gamepad/t-shirt combo thrown in, to boot. That's roughly 1/3 the cost of a home console...for a mobile game. Any jerk that gives them THAT amount of money should look in the mirror every time they ask themselves: "Why are so many games 'pay to win'?" Although my guess is that anyone willing to waste $100 on a mobile game, (no matter how much fun), is paying to win. And so the snake eats it own tail...

go back to PC or console gaming then. The culture of mobile gaming is currently this so accept it or just stay away from it. Mobility (able to play anywhere) which is what makes the prices higher than normal.
  • TrailfireTrailfire Posts: 590
    Davien wrote: »

this.. they should start selling 4* Megatron /Grimlock/ Shockwave/Prowl/Rachet/MV1 with USD100 bundle (which includes the energon).. would definitely buy it (only pick strong meta characters to bundle please). 4* shards are already farmable and is technically free. What incentive is there to buy them if we can already farm them? And there's always RNG in those 4* crystals.. I'm definitely not gonna pay USD100 to get frustrated at a free spin that lands on a 4* Sideswipe, or worst 4* Arcee!

While I clicked "agree" I kinda hope this doesn't happen, because I'd probably lose $160 (currency conversion)
    Trailfire wrote: »
    Davien wrote: »

While I clicked "agree" I kinda hope this doesn't happen, because I'd probably lose $160 (currency conversion)

hope you get a good pull if you're buying it. B)
  • CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    CandKane wrote: »
    It's too expensive for me, but considering I have yet to collect enough shards for a 4* crystal after five months the free crystal would have some value.
    Then again, if I were willing to drop $100 all at once on the game then I'm probably going to be a hardcore p2w player who already has 4* bots, so I have to agree that the price isn't worth it.

have u played crystals event? 650k for 1,000 4* shards..

Yeah, and I did finally get a 4* Bonecrusher, pretty happy about that. I can get to around 450k over three days, but without spending energon that's about all I have time for sadly.
  • TrailfireTrailfire Posts: 590

you mean featured crystals cause iv pulled a "good" amount and nothing yet

He means 4* featured, so to speak. As in, a crystal with only 4* bots, but one that includes the latest 4* bots, not just the old faithfuls.
    In MCOC they had this for 5* crystals, so I hope it's coming. The system there was that you could buy a standard 5* crystal for 10,000 5* shards, or a featured 5* crystal for 15,000 5* shards (I think).

I remember I found it confusing at first because featured crystals have those unique names, but I could never find anywhere that offered uniquely named shards. Took me two months of playing to realize the 5* featured shards were the same shards as my 5* basic shards. But confusion aside, it's a good way to help advanced players fill out their 4* roster while keeping things relatively obtainable for newer players (I hope this happens before we go toward 5* bots)

• ZapperZapper Posts: 186
    Every deal that adds something to energon packs basically makes the pack cheaper (or adds value for your $ if you so wish). I think you can hardly complain about that, but I wouldn't suggest buying anything if you wouldn't buy the energon anyway
  • Raptor22Raptor22 Posts: 111
    For $100... I can get me a REAL Transformer Masterpiece Movie MPM-4 Optimus Prime at Toys R Us... think about that one... think it through carefully.

reduced-image_13512_106.jpg

reduced-galery_image_13512_24722.jpg

reduced-galery_image_13512_24721.jpg

• MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    Raptor22 wrote: »
    For $100... I can get me a REAL Transformer Masterpiece Movie MPM-4 Optimus Prime at Toys R Us... think about that one... think it through carefully.

I can buy a hooker or blow for 100 bucks as well, doesn't mean it's any better use of money it's all spending money on pleasure items and non essentials.

And as previous posters pointed out it's just adding value to a bundle existing. Don't think anyone would be buying just because they got a 4* crystal.

If you don't think it's worth spending the money then don't simple as any purchase or sale
  • DirculesDircules Posts: 509
    +1 for hookers and blow. Doesn't even have to be an either/or!
  • tekkn1kaltekkn1kal Posts: 430
    Well, I hope you aren't getting both for $100... ;)
  • DirculesDircules Posts: 509
    Live in Amsterdam. 50/50 gets you decent deal ;)
  • jjack314jjack314 Posts: 37
    *books tickets to Amsterdam*