Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Ramjet moves like a superhero, not like a Transformer

TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
edited August 2017 in General Discussion
Finding Ramjet's animation in the alliance mission is really awkward. (Check an example fight on youtube if you haven't seen it).

The way he floats when he sidesteps and floats when he dashes is really weird and completely unnatural.

Yes, Decepticons have flight. However, I've never seen a Seeker bot move around like that in the cartoons. They use their feet to walk around and their propulsion for big upward jumps.

Honestly, it feels like I'm looking at a Marvel superhero and not a Transformer. He moves like Magneto or some other flight based superhero.

Comments

• Options
    nomisunomisu Posts: 307
    magneto err i mean megatron also suffers from this floatinfmg effect lol
  • Options
    KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    They just reuse Waspinator's model. Well, I have to agree he floats like an cone-head angel.
  • Options
    ZapperZapper Posts: 186
    Agreed, he is a jet and not something that hovers like Waspinator.
  • Options
    ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    I think there are more important issues in the game to fix instead of putting resources towards cosmetic changes that do not affect performance.

Not saying your arguments aren't valid... It's just that they are nowhere near high priority.
  • Options
    Manthro wrote: »
    I think there are more important issues in the game to fix instead of putting resources towards cosmetic changes that do not affect performance.

Not saying your arguments aren't valid... It's just that they are nowhere near high priority.

I agree 100%, I still want them to be aware of all the flaws in the game though.

Also, I'd hope things like animations/designs are a different person from the programmers.
  • Options
    BargBarg Posts: 23
    Does ramjets ramming cause him damage, per his 'fluff'? I didnt pay attention when fighting him.
  • Options
    Hired_GoonHired_Goon Posts: 440
    Barg wrote: »
    Does ramjets ramming cause him damage, per his 'fluff'? I didnt pay attention when fighting him.

Not that I've seen in my many fights with him. He just gets Unstoppable like Motormaster and dodges projectiles like Mirage and Windblade when he uses his Heavy
  • Options
    TrailfireTrailfire Posts: 590
    Ramjet stunned himself after launching an sp3 against me today (it was arena, so I pushed him to red just to see it)

Is his sp3 seriously meant to stun himself? I get that it's a pun on his name, but it's a bit weird.

Oh well, it was such a short stun that I don't think my bot had finished getting to its feet by the time it wore off
  • Options
    nomisunomisu Posts: 307
    hopefully the 3 seekers can get a decent synergy..
  • Options
    Overall, many bots have fantastic animations and quite creative, like Wasp or Mirage for example.

This one, however, is just wrong. They don't move like this. The best I can guess is they copied an mcoc animation. Because if someone watched any Transformers they wouldn't do it like how it is now.
  • Options
    AAGZ0921AAGZ0921 Posts: 194
    How many more seekers are we going to get?
  • Options
    Hired_Goon wrote: »
    Barg wrote: »

Not that I've seen in my many fights with him. He just gets Unstoppable like Motormaster and dodges projectiles like Mirage and Windblade when he uses his Heavy

Boooooooo.
  • Options
    AAGZ0921 wrote: »
    How many more seekers are we going to get?

Depends. You also have Thundercracker, Skywarp, Acid Storm, Sunstorm, Sandstorm, Dirge, thrust, bitstream, nacelle, hotlink,ion storm, nova storm...