Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Raid store changes for new version.. please confirm

Did I read the upcoming changes correctly? Feature crystals for raid chips are being completely removed in favour of direct purchase of 3* feature bot?

Please confirm.

If this is the case... :/

Comments

• Raid Chips for a 3*?

What's it gonna be, like 150k Raid Chips? Lol.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    It's 10k feature chips, which are different than raid chips. No one can steal them but you only get about 120 per raid or so
  • Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh those. Hmmmm....why would this be bad? 10k would be roughly 100ish Raid wins. Gotta work for it.
    edited August 2017
    It's bad because they are removing feature crystal purchases from the raid store in exchange for this.

Now you cannot get any 4* feature bots for free except for the single pull off your reward calendar.

• VirtBeeVirtBee Posts: 21
    they are also making you choose between a 2* and a 3* when you get to 10k chips, a lot of people use both, I like the option, but wish the crystals would stay, I can get the 10k chips but normally would have to buy raids to get there, I would normally buy the raids for the 55k and 90k crystals, but you remove that and its harder to justify
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    The announcement said it's a temporary change. Kabam's way to motivate players to raid more this time. They didn't said it was permanent.
    There's just no reason to remove the feature crystals.

Nobody is gonna get to dupe the 3* bot from direct purchases. And since 3* bots are constantly losing viability, the appearance of short term improvement to the system (which it is not) is terrible in the long run.

If this becomes permanent, which it will... Make no mistake... We are trading a Corvette for a Chevette.
  • TotherkinsTotherkins Posts: 299
    Manthro wrote: »
    Nobody is gonna get to dupe the 3* bot from direct purchases.

Challenge accepted.
    Totherkins wrote: »
    Manthro wrote: »
    Nobody is gonna get to dupe the 3* bot from direct purchases.

Challenge accepted.

lz4khmptwkpv.jpg
  • I'm totally down for trying to earn a 3* Grimlock to dupe the one I have. Tired of having to bring MV1 Prime to raid, would like my boy Grimmy to take over.
    I'm not saying adding the direct purchase of the feature bot is a bad move.

I'm saying that removing feature crystals as the tradeoff is a bad move. With drop rates the way they are, there's no reason not to keep the feature crystals in store as well.
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    I agree with Manthro, it makes even less sense to remove the character crystals when you consider they don't even use the same currency. There is no in game overlap.

There isn't much logic to the change. Add to the fact that the chance of getting more than a 2* is so low anyway.. it's not breaking the game economy to have a 3* and a few character crystals on offer. Just having the chance though, gives people something fun to aim for.

As has been established, the vast majority only obtain 2-4 character crystals anyway. No one gets all 10. Ever. Heck, no one gets more than 5 except maybe what.. less than 1% of the player population?

I fail to see how taking something away and replacing it with something not everyone will obtain (enough character chips for a 3*) is easing anyone into the new system, which is the reason given for the change.
  • nomisunomisu Posts: 307
    we can only hope that this is temporary yeah
  • Nick_80Nick_80 Posts: 225
    I have never pulled a 3* from featured crystals so I personally don't mind the change lol.
  • Hired_GoonHired_Goon Posts: 440
    edited August 2017
    I completely agree with Manthro. I like the addition of attempting to acquire a 3* for 10k special chips. But it should just be a flat addition. Leave the featured bot crystals in and the 1k 2*. This allows lower players to get the 2*, higher players to get the 3* and people like myself can still snag the crystals.
  • TrailfireTrailfire Posts: 590
    Kabam giveth and Kabam taketh away. But no one seems to market test either side of the equation
  • 10k special chip for a guaranteed 3* means around 100 raids, the featured bot crystals at the lowest cost 10k raid chip, that's just a few raids on powerful players. A featured bot crystal can give you a 4*, that happened to me. So removing the FBC ( Featured Bot Crystal, of course ) is a completely bad idea. So long raids! I'm not gonna play it again. Oh yeah, and good luck for you guys who spent energon and raid shields and woke up every 1 hour for raids.
    I would rather have guaranteed chance at featured 3*, than open a crystal and have a 99.9% chance of getting a 2* but that's just me.
    Nick_80 wrote: »
    I would rather have guaranteed chance at featured 3*, than open a crystal and have a 99.9% chance of getting a 2* but that's just me.

How guaranteed is it that you'll do 100 raids in 5 days to get the 3*?
    @Terminal my point was that I don't have to spin a crystal and hope I get a 3*.
  • I dont think that the featured 3* idea is a bad one. What I think they should do is increase the amount of time for the event, so players will have enough time to collect chips to purchase that 3*.
    @Terminal my point was that I don't have to spin a crystal and hope I get a 3*.

My point was that at least you can spin a couple of crystals. In the new version you likely won't get the 3* unless they make some major changes to how it all works... unless you are planning to do 100 raids in 5 days.

edited August 2017
    @Totherkins I guess we will never know if you could get enough chips to dupe shockwave.. limit of 1
  • TotherkinsTotherkins Posts: 299
    I already got him once from crystals...game, on!
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    edited August 2017

lol buying 3 shockwave crystals (using raid chips) is way easier than getting 10k shockwave chips for 1 3*.. u have no idea what you're talking about. Try earn 10k this 7 days and you'll get what I mean. Each raid battle won only gives you 100+ shockwave chips.. go calculate how many more you'd need to do to reach 10k . Even earning 900 a day (300+ chips x 3 times a day which is what most ppl can reach) won't cut it as that will only equal 900x7 = 6300.. that's only halfway there!
    @Davien when kabam said the amount of chips you earn would increase based on your medal count I was ok with the change but I was wrong so I apologize. Personally my luck is absolutely terrible I have never pulled a featured 3*. So that's why I wasn't upset when the crystals were removed. I was expecting a significant increase in character chips per win. I wasn't expecting the amount of chips to stay the same so I'm just as disappointed as you guys are.
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    @Davien when kabam said the amount of chips you earn would increase based on your medal count I was ok with the change but I was wrong so I apologize. Personally my luck is absolutely terrible I have never pulled a featured 3*. So that's why I wasn't upset when the crystals were removed. I was expecting a significant increase in character chips per win. I wasn't expecting the amount of chips to stay the same so I'm just as disappointed as you guys are.

yeah Kabam must be bad at maths.. they expect people to keep using energon to raid. Worst changes to raid system ever.. it's better they just left it as it is as this update is going backwards for the game!
    Kabam always takes one step forward and then two steps back.
    @Davien when kabam said the amount of chips you earn would increase based on your medal count I was ok with the change but I was wrong so I apologize. I was expecting a significant increase in character chips per win. I wasn't expecting the amount of chips to stay the same so I'm just as disappointed as you guys are.

Kabam, some people (amazingly) still trust you, but it's rapidly dwindling each day. When are you going to wake up? Mcoc had a disaster at 12.0 and you had to make a big post about listening to players and apologising for the terrible changes. We're only at 3.0 but it's like we're on a rapid express to the same situation.
  • Theres no way im getting 10k shockwave chips in 6 days especially because it started during AM and i need my bots that are locked in AM for doing raids or i will just lose. Thought i would like the changes but of course another ridiculous idea (Shaking my head)