Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

What happened to the character chip scaling?

This amount of Chips for both a win and loss will scale up with your Medal count.

@Kabam Miike you presented this like it was new information, like a new scaling system was coming in, but everything appears to be the same?

The old system had a (barely non-existent) scaling system.. shouldn't we have something new for the new system? Maybe something to encourage climbing in medals?

Comments

• Options
    CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    I agree, I just hit 1400 medals and am still only getting 110 chips per win. I would need to raid 14x a day, every day, to attain the 3*. We need a steeper gradient or drop the price on 3* a little
  • Options
    Frugalli88Frugalli88 Posts: 148
    I'm at 2200 medals and get 130 chips, so much for scaling...
  • Options
    DavienDavien Posts: 758
    CandKane wrote: »
    I agree, I just hit 1400 medals and am still only getting 110 chips per win. I would need to raid 14x a day, every day, to attain the 3*. We need a steeper gradient or drop the price on 3* a little

yup.. dont think Kabam cares. is either spend energon for raid tickets or get left behind. sucky move there.
  • Options
    ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited August 2017
    I'm surprised any of this surprises you.

And people wonder why I'm so cynical everytime Kabam announces some "glorious" new update to something that is working about as well as it can with the limited tools provided to the players.

They manufactured this problem by choking rank up materials for bases for so long, and then try and sell this as the solution.. ridiculous.

The matchmaking is identical. I call shenanigans on claims that anything has changed other than removing player choice from the equation.

Motivation for raids is no longer there. They have put everything of worth out of reach, except for t1a.

The ONLY motivation for Kabam here was to bait thirsty players into spending energon on raids by dangling the 3* bot carrot in their face. Clear as day, and I called it from the start.

Went for the lowest common denominator to get buy in and fanfare, just like a Nickelback song.

The players that fall for it will be out of energon for alliance missions, and they hope it triggers more spending on energon bundles as a result.

Next step is curbing all the sources of energon farming in the game.

Arena crystals are next in line.

• Options
    To be fair, Nickelback is basically AC/DC with less fashion sense.
    But I digress. While I haven't spent any energon on this, I plan to raid pretty aggressively and see how close I can get to (not) getting 3* Shockwave and report back to see if anybody CAN get him without spending a few crystals' worth of energon.
  • Options
    MutantdocMutantdoc Posts: 470
    There is no point in maintaining my 2000+ medals as I am put up against 10000+ rated teams for only 130 chips. I might as well drop down to 1500 and get 110 chips but have a better raid-win ratio.
  • Options
    KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    edited August 2017
    Of all the tricks to boost the ARPU, it is the dumbest way to devise such a complex raid system, burying the need for players to pay energon in -- refresh to find other opponents? OMG why would I pay to find someone who will potentially kick my ass? Why can't you find some straightforward way to sell toys™?

Think about it. Put a "30 days to reskin your base as Trypticon" in the store and make it 300 energon worth -- SOLD OUT! Put a "G1 Rodimus Prime to reskin the bayformer Hot Rod" at 200 energon -- SOLD OUT!

Cosmetic element selling works well in many other games (Tencent certified spokesman **cough**), it may seem lazy in game design but at least it doesn't ruin the game mechanics.
  • Options
    True, put Shuttle Skins and any decorations on the store if the game haven't have any idea for players to spend their Energons. Oh yeah, and I would never raid again if the mechanism is like this.
  • Options
    Character skins would be wonderful, I would gladly pay for a Rodimus skin to go over that Bay design
  • Options
    TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    We need a new chip system for the 'new' raid system.

The new raid system doesn't feel new at all. It feels like a sham. The only change is 1 choice instead of 3. Everything else is the same. Same match maker, same rewards, same everything.
  • Options
    AAGZ0921AAGZ0921 Posts: 194
    Wonder how many of you will be getting threats, errr, warnings from Kabam for speaking out your minds about them.
  • Options
    TotherkinsTotherkins Posts: 299
    I agree this doesn't encourage me to go beyond 2200. On another note is it possible to implement like 20k q bases if you get over 2500 or 3k medals. Or you can make a base with all r4s or r5s like arena.