Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

2 stars worth keeping?

Are 2 stars even worth the rank up material to keep them? I feel like i should just forge them all since I haven't done any forging at all. 3 four stars and like 10 three stars already. Thoughts?
Tagged:

Comments

• If you do a lot of arena, you want the 2* since they give you a bigger roster to play with. Otherwise, best to forge them. It makes the bots you use stronger and gives 3* shards. It's more efficient as far as forge levels and 3* shards earned to max the 2* before forging it, but since 2* are easy to get for free, some consider maxing them a waste. Guess that part is a matter of what works best for you.

Some players like using 2* for base defense since they use their 3* for everything else. That's also a pretty good use for 2* bots if you don't have 3* to spare for guard duty.
  • AAGZ0921AAGZ0921 Posts: 194
    Useless. Too many 3* out there now. 2* are too weak
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    edited August 2017
    useless for me.. I already have all the 3*s duped multiple times now. Even feed 3* mixmaster recently to Ironhide 4* coz found his auto in arena sucky.

Feeding all my 2*s to my 3* and 4* AM bots now.. reason being 3* arena doesnt pay well. just a waste of time and effort.
  • Slibby8803Slibby8803 Posts: 115
    As usual people who have way more 3* and 4* bots jumping in without reading the actual question to give sound advise. The two stars are useful for you right now in arena combat. Gold and energon are invaluable and you can use both. As well as using those 2* to earn 3* bot shards at higher ranks in the arena. I would keep a roster of maxed ranked 2*s of 12 or 15. You can use these to auto fight to 3-10% rank in the arena while doing a great deal of other things, working, driving, ect. When you hit max signature level you then forge them getting the most forge xp for them as possible as well more 3* bot shards which will in turn give you even more forge material for your 4*'s eventually. If you forge them all now you might slow your power gain.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Agree with Slibby, once you meet the hunger for gold, you will miss those forged 2* bots.
    You can get past the 15 win streak very easily in 3* arena. From then on, you just put on autofight and they grind gold for you, because all you'll meet are easy teams. What's more, a round in 3* arena costs less time than in 4*.
  • Hey there OnlyOneAboveAll!

As some commanders have said in the thread, it really comes down to having two stars available for the arena. Throwing your 2 Star bots through the Arena gains you a good chunk of gold and helps you build your roster to participate in the other Arenas if you climb high enough! I always try to at most, hit each milestone in the Arenas, but that's just me.
  • KrugaKruga Posts: 123
    For me, 2 stars are not worth their rank up materials, but I maintained a roster of 10 to 12 fully rank up 2* just for Arena and keep other 2* and 1* as sandbag. I let all the 2* dupe until max signature level and then forge them, and if that happen to be a ranked up bot, I rank up another 2* fully to take its place after I forge the fully duped bot.
  • Thanks guys. Like I said, I have several 3 stars already and a few 4 stars. I have yet too even do an arena. Haven't even played 1 match. Not interested in arena. Just questing only for me.
  • Hired_GoonHired_Goon Posts: 440
    There was a time that I kept a nice roster of 12 maxed 2* bots for arena. Then I outgrew the 3* arena and forged them all into one of my 3* bots. Haven't looked back, haven't regretted it. I now forge my 2* bots on a 1-2 month schedule which allows me to max a lot, dupe most multiple times and use em here and there should I find myself on rare occasions with nothing left to do but 3* arena.

OP, the question you asked was if they are worth keeping and you will both answers here. However, the main reason given to keep them is for use in arena and if you don't touch arena, then you may as well just forge them.

On a side note, even if you don't touch any other arena, you should make a habit of aiming for as many milestones in the crystal arena. Happens every 2 weeks. Starts on a Saturday and ends on Monday. Can get a lot of PBC, 3* and 4* crystal shards higher up the milestone ladder you climb. Very worth it.
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    Hired_Goon wrote: »
    There was a time that I kept a nice roster of 12 maxed 2* bots for arena. Then I outgrew the 3* arena and forged them all into one of my 3* bots. Haven't looked back, haven't regretted it. I now forge my 2* bots on a 1-2 month schedule which allows me to max a lot, dupe most multiple times and use em here and there should I find myself on rare occasions with nothing left to do but 3* arena.

OP, the question you asked was if they are worth keeping and you will both answers here. However, the main reason given to keep them is for use in arena and if you don't touch arena, then you may as well just forge them.

On a side note, even if you don't touch any other arena, you should make a habit of aiming for as many milestones in the crystal arena. Happens every 2 weeks. Starts on a Saturday and ends on Monday. Can get a lot of PBC, 3* and 4* crystal shards higher up the milestone ladder you climb. Very worth it.

this.. if you don't do arena you will be severely left out of the game. Unless if you're rich and willing to spend a fortune to bolster your 3* and 4* teams.
  • Davien wrote: »
    Hired_Goon wrote: »

this.. if you don't do arena you will be severely left out of the game. Unless if you're rich and willing to spend a fortune to bolster your 3* and 4* teams.

Haven't spent yet...but I did get very lucky with getting 3 stars. Have quite a few. And a few 4 stars as well.