Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

How to get 3* Bot in Raids

I think the only way for majority of the players to get a 3* Shockwave is to deliberately lower down their defenses to a 1*. This may sound stupid but if you think about it, winning a Raid gives full bot chips. Rather than losing or failing a Raid.

But this would mean everyone should drop their defenses right away while we are still at just the 2nd day of the week.

This would definitely piss off Kabam and the devs. But I guess the community would be happy with getting a new/duped 3*.

Comments

• ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited August 2017
    Sorry, but the gold loss for not populating your base with the most powerful bots you can spare will only serve to halt your progress. It plays directly into Kabam wanting you to spend more $$$ for in game resource bundles.

Gold is the biggest bottleneck in advancing your roster, even more than sparks (in most cases).

If it wasn't for that one problem, I would agree with your idea. Just can't give up the 15k gold per day from my base.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    edited August 2017
    Base gold is just a sparse sum compared to Arena Crystal. About two or three crystals will save you the trouble putting a strong base.

But to climb down the ladder you can just give in directly to your opponents.
    Base gold is just a sparse sum compared to Arena Crystal. About two or three crystals will save you the trouble putting a strong base.

But to climb down the ladder you can just give in directly to your opponents.

I beg to differ.

Fill your base with all 2/20 4* bots and you'll get over 21k per day in gold.

That is at least on par with what the average player will get from arena crystals.

Taking base gold for granted is the biggest mistake a player can make.
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    edited August 2017
    summary of OP's intention:

Let's all make our defense easier so that we help each other in getting Shockwave chips.

Totally agree since raid chips are less useful now.. Alpha shards are common, yet those time limited shockwave chips are more important!! What can you buy with raid chips now?? The most are alpha shards which you can obtain a lot from AM itself!

You don't wanna end up spending 10 energon buying a raid ticket / 2 energon refreshing for an easier opponent don't you? So let's do this.. help each other out and piss off the devs for making our life difficult.
  • nomisunomisu Posts: 307
    yeah going to do a compromise and remove all mods first lol
    nomisu wrote: »
    yeah going to do a compromise and remove all mods first lol

Now. THAT is an idea players can work with
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    I like using 2* because it lines up with the 4hr crystal. Different timers annoy me. :p

Removing all mods from my base.. I dunno.. As a sign of protest?
    Terminal wrote: »
    I like using 2* because it lines up with the 4hr crystal. Different timers annoy me. :p

Removing all mods from my base.. I dunno.. As a sign of protest?

4* bots are every 8 hours... It'll still line up with the 4hr crystal, just saying.

It's the 3* bots that are in between.
    edited August 2017
    Shockwave chips are gonna last another 5 days.. so lets pull down our defences to help each other out in getting those shockwave chips faster.. Already pulled mine down to 7k . Prev was close to 10k defence.

replaced 3 of my mid lane bots to rank one 4* bots - same time getting some gold + making the core defense easy peasy for u guys. Removed some of those nasty harm accelerators too.
    I'll pull my mods off the table but I'm leaving bots intact, I need the gold.

No mods should make raids a complete walk in the park.
  • Frugalli88Frugalli88 Posts: 148
    I've already pulled mods off, this is a great idea :smile:
  • DzSlootsDzSloots Posts: 87
    I just wanna say you all have inspired me to do the same. Look at us coming together.
    yup forgot to mention too.. putting a strong defense won't earn you any shockwave chips for a successful one.. only 600+ raid chips. And it'll increase your medal count even faster which makes your battle even more difficult.

Once your battle hit 10k defense rating opponents you're gonna struggle with it (especially if your bots are below 1500 PI). Don't wanna end up in a situation where you're keep losing battles / spending energon to keep looking for enemies. So yes this technique not only benefits your attacker, but most of all yourself.

A weak defense works both ways. As long it helps you stay in a raid medal range then it's good.. for me I'm trying my best to stay within 1200-1900 as that will give me 120 shockwave chips when winning and 60 when losing. Dropping below 1200 will make me earn 110 when winning and 50 when losing - so I'll definitely try not to reach there. Right now I'm still maintaining around 1782 rating.

You'll still earn back medals when you win.. so end up it'll be stable and the most you'll drop 100 medals in 1-2 days as long you raid a min of 6-9 times a day. Those of us going for Shockwave 3* will keep raiding for sure.

Just sharing.. since this benefits everyone. You might still meet a strong def base - likely they belong to those who are not planning to go for 3* Shockwave, so don't feel bad about it.
    Since we got such a short time to get 10k shockwave chips this is the best way to go about it.. unless if Kabam decides to make it cheaper or make it easier to get somehow.

3* will one day be worthless (just watch MCOC) so things will definitely be cheaper in the future.. right now this is the temporary workaround we can do.
  • nomisunomisu Posts: 307
    now if only we can forge mods into bots.. lol
  • 3* won't be worthless. It's always easier to get the newest bot as a 3* than as a 4*. So the value is to have fun with a new bot sooner, and to learn how it works so you can beat it when it shows up as a boss in AM

That won't change - it's just always easier to get 3*, so your roster will always be more varied, which is fun. And since this is a game, fun is the whole point :)