Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Shockwave Raid Event

I do think that the 3* shockwave is cool but I think it's pretty IMPOSIBLE unless you spend energon.
At least lower the price to 5,000 chips so it's easier to get it WITHIN 6 days

Comments

• Drake6401Drake6401 Posts: 321
    I'm going for it, but does seem unlikely to do on even the most dedicated Raid ticket schedule. I'm going for it anyway. If I can't make it, I'll just get the 2 star. I have all star ratings of Shockwave so I'm bound to get the ability on one of them, right?....right?...
  • ZapperZapper Posts: 186
    Well I know a few people who are pretty dedicated to raiding, they can do around 1k chips a day. So even those aren't going to get the 3* Shockwave. I call that a fail.
  • Drake6401 wrote: »
    I'm going for it, but does seem unlikely to do on even the most dedicated Raid ticket schedule. I'm going for it anyway. If I can't make it, I'll just get the 2 star. I have all star ratings of Shockwave so I'm bound to get the ability on one of them, right?....right?...
    Same and agreed
  • If I can't make it to 10K chips I'll just buy a bunch of 2* Shockwave's then to forge into my 3* bots.
  • Slibby8803Slibby8803 Posts: 115
    If I can't make it to 10K chips I'll just buy a bunch of 2* Shockwave's then to forge into my 3* bots.

No you won't. It is limited to one this time. Check the store. Purchase limit 1 for the 2* Shockwave.
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    edited August 2017
    This is a terrible event and a terribly boring event.

A single 2* bot you can get in a day and a 3* that's impossible to get.

And they removed the character crystals so even if you did pay to do extra raids there's nothing to spend all the extra raid chips on.

It's like no thought was put into it at all.

What a bizzare event. Who is the designer that thought it's a good idea to have a 7 day event with only 2 items to work for. A single 2 star, no duplicates.. and a single 3 star (which the overwhelming majority can't obtain).

What is the playerbase supposed to do? What's their incentive to do anything?
  • EntityofEpicEntityofEpic Posts: 11
    edited August 2017
    I think I can make it... If I was playing under normal circumstances.

My problem is that sometimes when I try to load into a raid the game crashes on the loading screen when trying to load into the enemy base. My ability to raid is very hit or miss, so it will be a miracle if I can make it to 10,000.

I've tried everything and can't get any help anywhere. Ranging from restarting the game and even uninstalling/reinstalling all the way to forum post and support tickets (which I can't even get a simple reply to). In my opinion, there have been some poor choices concerning the raids since 3.0 launched.
  • Slibby8803 wrote: »
    If I can't make it to 10K chips I'll just buy a bunch of 2* Shockwave's then to forge into my 3* bots.

No you won't. It is limited to one this time. Check the store. Purchase limit 1 for the 2* Shockwave.

Really? That is one of if not the dumbest move I've read yet about these new changes.

Maybe this is a good thing I can find something else to do with my time.
  • Exactly
  • 10,000 chips = 100 raids (if you get 100 chips per raid), who has the time for that?! Best of all, under a week! Great change guys.
  • 10,000 chips = 100 raids (if you get 100 chips per raid), who has the time for that?! Best of all, under a week! Great change guys.
    Unless I hear the words in person, I can't tell if that is sarcasm. I think it is
  • @Terminal i agree sometimes i just shake my head at the thought process of some things on this game especially "deals" lol what a joke
  • Odie21Odie21 Posts: 209
    The change in the raid system wasn't designed to "improve" things, it was designed to make the end user spend more money. Instead of having 3 opponents to choose from, you're now "told" who you're fighting. Don't like it? Spend 2 Energon, don't like that opponent? Spend 6 Energon, don't like that opponent (good chance that it's a base that was even higher than the previous base)? Spend 10 Energon.

I bet if you looked at the raid system before and after and the complaints that ensued, it would be 10-1 in terms of the complaints based on the new system.

A few years ago here in the States, J.C. Penny's hired Ron Johnson who had worked at Apple to help with their business. RJ thought he could take a tried and true business model that Penny's had and convert it over to something else by trying to make fundamental changes to the companies business model. Long story short, the customers were so enraged with the changes, that Penny's nearly filed for bankruptcy.

Point being, while this is a video game consisting virtual robots, you have "Corporate America" stench all over some of the recent changes (which goes beyond just the raid changes) made to this game. Eventually, when a company becomes overly greedy they'll look back to moments like this one they say to themselves "Should I have really p***ed off the customers that are allowing me to receive a paycheck every week without asking for opinions first?"

Now are all the changes bad? No, I like the idea of Masteries, etc. But a perfect example is when the new set came out the other day, you have to spend $29.99 to get the 850 Energon Pack to pay 350 for T2 Mastery Core...for Masteries that aren't that good, but you don't know that until you already spent the Energon.

I'm an educated consumer and will spend my money appropriately if I see it warranted and I've given a pretty decent chunk of change to this company because I was having fun but now I'm beginning to lose interest because of the greedy changes taking place regardless of what the brain trust at a particular company publicly states.

I understand that this "Freemium" game needs to make money and they've done a good job with the stories, designs, etc and I will give be credit where credit is due but I'm hoping that they take the foot off the gas peddle a bit in terms of a money grab.

• DavienDavien Posts: 758
    Odie21 wrote: »
    The change in the raid system wasn't designed to "improve" things, it was designed to make the end user spend more money. Instead of having 3 opponents to choose from, you're now "told" who you're fighting. Don't like it? Spend 2 Energon, don't like that opponent? Spend 6 Energon, don't like that opponent (good chance that it's a base that was even higher than the previous base)? Spend 10 Energon.

I bet if you looked at the raid system before and after and the complaints that ensued, it would be 10-1 in terms of the complaints based on the new system.

A few years ago here in the States, J.C. Penny's hired Ron Johnson who had worked at Apple to help with their business. RJ thought he could take a tried and true business model that Penny's had and convert it over to something else by trying to make fundamental changes to the companies business model. Long story short, the customers were so enraged with the changes, that Penny's nearly filed for bankruptcy.

Point being, while this is a video game consisting virtual robots, you have "Corporate America" stench all over some of the recent changes (which goes beyond just the raid changes) made to this game. Eventually, when a company becomes overly greedy they'll look back to moments like this one they say to themselves "Should I have really p***ed off the customers that are allowing me to receive a paycheck every week without asking for opinions first?"

Now are all the changes bad? No, I like the idea of Masteries, etc. But a perfect example is when the new set came out the other day, you have to spend $29.99 to get the 850 Energon Pack to pay 350 for T2 Mastery Core...for Masteries that aren't that good, but you don't know that until you already spent the Energon.

I'm an educated consumer and will spend my money appropriately if I see it warranted and I've given a pretty decent chunk of change to this company because I was having fun but now I'm beginning to lose interest because of the greedy changes taking place regardless of what the brain trust at a particular company publicly states.

I understand that this "Freemium" game needs to make money and they've done a good job with the stories, designs, etc and I will give be credit where credit is due but I'm hoping that they take the foot off the gas peddle a bit in terms of a money grab.

That's why the game can't be on the top 10 grossing list because of how greedy Kabam is. And how they have broken the game time and time again. Stupid decisions being made without thinking it through and lack of game testing - so many bugs during a new release!
  • Davien wrote: »
    Odie21 wrote: »

That's why the game can't be on the top 10 grossing list because of how greedy Kabam is. And how they have broken the game time and time again. Stupid decisions being made without thinking it through and lack of game testing - so many bugs during a new release!

Exactly wut I'm trying to say
  • hl2v0c021rvy.png
    ollvv9oult3i.png

Well i have achieved it without wasting any Energon , its about how you figure out the way to do it
  • nomisunomisu Posts: 307
    yeah given enough time. and motivation. neither of which is in great supply now for me sadly.