Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Shockwave raid event needs to be nerfed!

OtriumOtrium Posts: 91
edited August 2017 in General Discussion
How can anyone earn 10k chips without spending energon? It's literally impossible if you don't sleep or don't have a life- loads of people are complaining so update the raid event! Tune the price to 5k chips or atleast something reasonable. And the chips we earn are very mininmal so buff them instead.
Tagged:

Comments

• edited August 2017
    There are currently quite a few Commanders that are on track to get the 3-Star version of Shockwave (including a few that are only a few more raids away).

This is not meant to be a given, or easy. Obtaining him will require some work!
  • EntityofEpicEntityofEpic Posts: 11
    edited August 2017
    There are currently quite a few Commanders that are on track to get the 3-Star version of Shockwave (including a few that are only a few more raids away).

Yeah, obtaining him will require some work.

Especially if you are one of the people who constantly have problems with raids still crashing.

Not that it matters, you guys refuse to acknowledge it whether it be on here or through support tickets...
  • There are currently quite a few Commanders that are on track to get the 3-Star version of Shockwave (including a few that are only a few more raids away).

Cool, wish I was one of them.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited August 2017

Put your pom-poms away, @Kabam Miike .

Anyone only a few raids away from getting a 3* shockwave have clearly spent energon on getting the chips.

No one is saying getting the 3* bot is impossible if you spend energon. We all know it's possible with energon, and we all know the 10k price is designed to lure players into doing exactly that.

70 raids in 7 days @130 chips per raid. That's the minimum requirement to get the bot without any losses.

Math doesn't lie. This is not realistically attainable by anyone that isn't glued to their phones or willing to drop energon.

All you would need to do is lower the cost by 25-
    35% of the current chips, make it a 2 bot limit and you would achieve the same desired result of players spending to get enough chips. Getting the bot duped is far more enticing.
  • Did some quick math of where I currently sit and where I'd expect to be on the final day and that puts me a 7K.

What else can I get with these leftover chips, since you took away the opportunity to get multiple 2* characters?
  • LaprasLapras Posts: 258
    I think you should just earn crystal shards for the featured bot instead of raid chips.

This would make the featured bot crystals shards you earn in the arena meaningful.

I have 120 shockwave shards and 150 starscream shards that I can't do anything with...
  • Stitch626Stitch626 Posts: 286
    edited August 2017

Great - so a handful of players out of the thousands that play this game are able and willing to raid over 100 times in less than 6 days to get a 3*.

And, that counts as a success to you?

Why not make the chips you earn generic instead of bot specific - that way a more casual player could still earn a 3* over the course of participating in a few events, instead of turning all the chips one earns in the 6 days time into gold. Doing that would entice more people to raid because they could still earn a 3* bot over time. The current system only favors those that are able to raid ~x16/day for 6 days straight, and literally, no one else.
  • Drake6401Drake6401 Posts: 321
    I'm doing okay I think. About 4300 so far and I've been extremely efficient since the very second it was announced. Personally, I think 8k would be fair. The only people who will get this either spend energon to raid or are strong enough to the point that 3 stars are irrelevant to them. This somewhat even applies to me. I only have two 4 star characters but one of them is Shockwave. I just want the ability for the 3 star version to actually see if it's worth trying to get on the 4 star version.

You get 110 raid chips at 1300 medals so try to stay within that range if possible.
  • Nice spin by Kabam Mike on the dire situation of the raid system. So a handful of "whales" who play the game 24/7 and spend energon to raid are about to get a 3 star shockwave. Cool story. The new raid system is completely awful and has killed my desire to play the game. One step forward (extra alpha sparks available), two steps back (literally everything else about the update). Winning between 70-100 raids in less than 7 days to earn a mediocre 3 star is beyond laughable, it's insulting. Quick to add extra ways to milk players out of money, slow to fix game breaking glitches or graphical updates to high end android devices.
  • Odie21Odie21 Posts: 209
    Guys, understand that this ENTIRE GAME is revolved around enticing people to spend money. Of course they want you to spend energon, duh. Is it practical to get him for the everyday player? No, so why worry about a 3* bot that will become useless in a few months anyways?

Quite frankly, I don't understand the fascination with a 3* bot, especially Shockwave since I have a 4* 2/5 version of him and he isn't all that.
  • How is nobody talking about the difficulty of ai in raids now. Am i the only one experiencing the ridiculous difficulty firing heavy attacks back to back to back non stop
  • DatBoiLivesDatBoiLives Posts: 60
    edited August 2017
    My reaction to this event n4y2iwbqpfah.gif
  • ZapperZapper Posts: 186
    Yo sure Miiike. I'm in a top alliance, have friends with a few high rollers. How many commanders are we talking about? Less then 10 out of thousands?

Nobody in my alliance is on track on getting that 3* shockwave, nobody. We talked about this just yesterday, since a few of the top raiders complained how impossible this is.

No offence, this is a 3* bot. If you are willing to put up the work required here I consider you to be a person who has no life since you cleary don't value your time at all.
  • Regarding the 3* Shockwave I feel there two purchaces for it,

The first purchase being 5000 and then the second purchase (if you can get it) being 10000
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    Odie21 wrote: »
    Guys, understand that this ENTIRE GAME is revolved around enticing people to spend money. Of course they want you to spend energon, duh. Is it practical to get him for the everyday player? No, so why worry about a 3* bot that will become useless in a few months anyways?

Quite frankly, I don't understand the fascination with a 3* bot, especially Shockwave since I have a 4* 2/5 version of him and he isn't all that.

You can use the 3* bot to sandbag. Guess you don't realize this.
    edited September 2017
    Zapper wrote: »
    Yo sure Miiike. I'm in a top alliance, have friends with a few high rollers. How many commanders are we talking about? Less then 10 out of thousands?

Nobody in my alliance is on track on getting that 3* shockwave, nobody. We talked about this just yesterday, since a few of the top raiders complained how impossible this is.

No offence, this is a 3* bot. If you are willing to put up the work required here I consider you to be a person who has no life since you cleary don't value your time at all.

Agree. I'm halfway there now at 6.7k chips and I can say it's totally not worth the time and effort. Is like Kabam wants the players who grind to get repetitive stress injury on their right arm.. which is precisely what I'm feeling now due to this event.

Arena has autoplay and rewards in between so it's still ok. For the raid event going through all this s*it just for a 3* bot is just dumb.
    edited September 2017
    Why not @Kabam Miike try going through this himself for the next 7 days raid event for the 3* featured bot and see how is it like? Time to dip your own feet into what the players are feeling? Then come back and tell us whether do u think this change is good or not.
  • Odie21Odie21 Posts: 209
    Davien wrote: »
    Odie21 wrote: »

You can use the 3* bot to sandbag. Guess you don't realize this.

I can? Really? I didn't realize this, thank you for the enlightenment ; )

• Almost there
    7l3gnw0cc8co.png
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    edited September 2017

What percentage of the player base is supposed to be able to get him? 1%?

How many are supposed to be able to get the 2 star one time? 100%?

Where is the middle ground? There's not enough prizes or choice of prizes. There's nothing in between 1000 and 10,000. You can only buy the 2 star once.

There's nothing extra in the raid shop so all the extra raid chips can't be spent on anything while trying to collect character chips.

100 raids for a 3 star is too much. You're over valuing the 3 star. It's not an incentive to play raids. You're actively discouraging people and making them give up because it's too extreme.

The ones that are trying to do it aren't enjoying it or having fun at all.

You're rapidly killing your playerbase.
  • And worse of all the chips just turn to gold once it ends. It doesn't carry forward
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Mutantdoc wrote: »
    And worse of all the chips just turn to gold once it ends. It doesn't carry forward

Oh really? Hell.... I'd rather not spend any of it and just take the gold. It's more valuable to me than either of the new choices in store
  • I got my Shockwave
    9f22tjzzrya4.png
  • Mutantdoc wrote: »
    And worse of all the chips just turn to gold once it ends. It doesn't carry forward
    Are you sure about that? Then why I'm still having my Megatron Chips?
  • Mutantdoc wrote: »
    Are you sure about that? Then why I'm still having my Megatron Chips?

Clearly says it in game.

Megatron chips is not the same, also this is the 2nd megatron, the first megatron chips were wiped. They never announced chips would stay. Just another bug in a long line of bugs. Don't worry, they'll take them away from you before it comes back again.
  • Plenty of time left to get the 2 star
    gg999mqy1pwm.png
  • I just picked up the 3* Shockwave. Zero energon on raids, but I did a lot of them. 16 in the last 24hrs and probably the same amount for previous days.

I didn't win every raid though - I lost 2 of the last 16. I'm up against slightly tougher bases than I used to get, and many are different bases I'm not used to seeing.

I'd say it was a lot of effort for a 3* bot, but the 3* arena takes much more time if you want to rank top 50. Shockwave isn't brand new, so it should be less effort, but he is fairly new, so I don't mind having to put effort in. Especially since I can guarantee getting the bot through my own effort, not my relative score (if more than 50 ppl do more raids than me, I still get the bot as long as I get the 10k chips).

Also, I mostly raid for t1a anyway, and that requires doing half the raids regardless of a featured bot.

So regarding the price of the guaranteed 3* "recently featured" bot, I'm on the fence. I'd probably go for it if it was a bot I like. I wouldn't bother for HR, but I would for Mega or Starscream.

Regarding removing the featured crystals, I still think it's weird to stop providing a popular product that's free to produce.

Regarding the matching system, I haven't noticed any real problem with it. I lose more fights offensively, but I win more defense. It feels fairer. A little more challenge without being impossible. As for the raid / be raided ratio, yeah, its about 1:1, so I guess your rank depends on winning a higher portion of either attacks or defenses than other people.

So the only clear mistake here seems to me to be removing the featured crystal option from the raid store.

78yvcuekwy95.png
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    edited September 2017
    Even if it's not feature crystals they need to put something to spend raid chips on. The event encourages extra raiding, which means surplus raid chips, but they don't provide anything to spend them on.

It would also give extra incentive for people to raid between 1000 and 10,000 character chips. Otherwise, there's no point for people to push after 1000 if they don't think they can hit 10k and just play as normal.

There's just a big gap alienating the majority of the player base.

If you want the game to be popular and to grow there has to be something achievable for low to mid level players, not just a couple of hundred people. There needs to be something for the thousands of players.