Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

New raid system explained

Ok. This is my personal analysis on how the raid system is currently working... Mods, feel free to chime in if I'm off base. Players. This is not a discussion to whine and complain. It's just a bit of an information thread to help clear the confusion.

I'll tell @Kabam Miike and @Kabam Vydious to shut it down if it degenerates into that.

Every time you raid, you are immediately thrown back into the raid pool, which usually means you are simultaneously attacked since players can no longer choose who to attack.

The reason for this is simple.. Your ranking is now effectively based off a successful defense ratio as opposed to the previous system focused on successful win ratio.

If you lose both your attack and defense, you drop rank.

If you win your attack and defense you rise in rank

If you win your attack and lose your defense, you effectively remain where you are, this is what happens most often.

It actually does make sense in terms of balancing the raid ladder.. except for one small problem.

Since it is easier to earn a successful attack against a strong base than it is to successfully defend against a weak attacker, there is a risk that you could continually drop in rank if you have a 0% defense rate.

This is why it is a terrible idea to empty your base and make it easy for others to beat you and earn feature chips.. your rank could drop to the point where you don't even qualify for raid store purchases.

Keep that in mind if you've reduced your base strength for others.. you could be putting yourself in a position you can't recover from.

Comments

• DavienDavien Posts: 758
    Thats dumb. Mine just went up to 1850 rating. Since I raid each time I'm awake. Blame the devs for making 3* Shockwave 10k in cost. Don't think you've test it yourself yet. Asking others to put on a strong defence is just selfish.
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    I put on a sucky defence.. coz if mine I maxed out I can easily hit 2k raid medals which would make opponents super difficult.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    First of all... I'm not talking about the cost of a 3* shockwave. That's an entirely different discussion.

Second. Since we aren't talking about the same thing, there's no point in debating.

Third... The only thing I'm talking about is the rationale for the new raid ranking system. Im talking about why it was done, what works, and what doesn't.

I'm ignoring the issues of item cost in the raid store for the purpose of this discussion. They are completely separate arguments and don't actually have anything to do with the other.

If you want to drop your rank, that's your concern. All I'm explaining is, once you drop rank it is much more difficult to climb and retain rank in the current system.

So for those on the cusp of rank requirement for the raid store purchases, it might be a bad idea to put up a weak defense for the previously stated reasons.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    edited September 2017
    Maybe it not that simple. What you suggest is that once you hit the pool, you are instantly attacked. No, you are listed as attackable, but you still have to wait the system to allocate you to somebody else AND they don't shrink, ernergon-refresh, caught by their teacher or answer a call then timed out. In the mean time, you attack. I mean there's a greater chance to attack than being attacked. Speaking of experience: I finish 3 raids in less than 20 minutes, and get attacked once only 1 hour later.

Keeping a low base does not make you such a popular stepping stone. If I'm presented with a 2000+ base, I will wait until time out and that doesn't cost me any chips or medals. I don't want waste my time to get that sum.

In the absolute, if everybody is resolute enough to choose an opponent anyway (even if they know they will lose against a monster base or waste time to crash a pathetic one), the total number of attacks per day will not change, whether it's 3 choices or 1 choice. But by giving only one choice, the rate of 'I don't choose, I wait for time out' will increase.
  • ZapperZapper Posts: 186
    Honestly, this isn't different then before. I win three fights, I loose three defenses, I stay exactly where I am with medals.

For me it's in a perfect balance. I have a 7.5k base, all my enemies have 7-9k bases and at this point where 3/30 4* are getting more common everything below 10k for a base is basically nothing. I haven't lost a single fight since the change and won a whopping of two defenses (one where the guy quit before selecting bots so I guess a bug for him).

Since it's not possible for me to up my base at this point to more then 10k it's going to stay in that balance for a long time. (actually it's like this long before the update)

So congrats Kabam, you changed absolutly nothing:
    - Raids are still boring
    - The reward is still not worth the effort
    - The challenge is still 0
    - Defending your base is still impossible

Great times.
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    Zapper wrote: »
    Honestly, this isn't different then before. I win three fights, I loose three defenses, I stay exactly where I am with medals.

For me it's in a perfect balance. I have a 7.5k base, all my enemies have 7-9k bases and at this point where 3/30 4* are getting more common everything below 10k for a base is basically nothing. I haven't lost a single fight since the change and won a whopping of two defenses (one where the guy quit before selecting bots so I guess a bug for him).

Since it's not possible for me to up my base at this point to more then 10k it's going to stay in that balance for a long time. (actually it's like this long before the update)

So congrats Kabam, you changed absolutly nothing:
    - Raids are still boring
    - The reward is still not worth the effort
    - The challenge is still 0
    - Defending your base is still impossible

Great times.

Most of you have gotten completely off point of this post, but your first sentences explains exactly what he's talking about yes your prolly going to get raided 3 times for every 3 raids you do so stay fairly flat.

He's just merely stating without spending energon it's hard to get ahead and make gains so if players tank their defense they might eventually fall to below purchase requirements.

I've won more raid defenses in past few days then I've prolly won in weeks combined prior, so some of their intentions are working. No it's not a staggering amount because well all bases can be easily beat.

But before only people that knew they could beat your base attacked you.

What Davien says is exactly why they implemented system, he can't beat top bases so he tanks base to win more and lose more instead of beefing up base and staying at his max and losing occasionally

• ZapperZapper Posts: 186
    Actually I don't even want to get ahead. Staying at my current level is perfect, I don't give a damn if I'm raided. For me the system works just fine, I'm going to stay in my level and easily raid my opponents, getting 5-7k chips everytime. I have no intention to go higher with my rating.

It's only that it has been just like that since the beginning basically. And the fact that you will get raided 3 times after you attacked 3 times is nothing new, this has always been there.
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    edited September 2017
    I think calling it a new system is a bit misleading.

As far as I can see and experience it's exactly the same system.

Attacking makes you active in the match maker to be attacked. This lasts a day or two and you'll get attacked about 5 times per day.

As people get attacked they lose priority in the match maker and get a kind of cool down before the match maker offers them again. If you defend the cooldown is ignored and you get immediately offered again. It's like the game is not happy with defense and wants you to fail (I haven't bothered defending in the 'new' system but others reported it was still the same a few days ago and there's been no announcement about changes).

So as that person has been chosen and this process continues you'll keep being offered while others are selected, increasing your chance of becoming the first choice out of 3.

The 3 choices were never ordered by any logic like hardest to easiest. So it was either ordering by time in the queue or completely random from the available pool once cooldown expires. In either instance you'll eventually end up as the 1st choice.

Matching is based on medals and it has to give matches that are within +/-30(ish) medal increase/decrease, so it's about within 100 medals of your medals so the match maker goes through 1st choices fairly rapidly.

All of this is the same as before.

The only difference is you can't see the second or third choice at the same time as the first and you have to pay to see the second and third choice.

The real question is quintesson bases. I'm assuming it offers a quintesson base when the match maker has exhausted all choices within the medal range and they're on cool down, or it just has a random percent chance to offer.

And the real big part of the question is how does it decide what strength the quintesson base is. Have the developers decided that X medals should have Y strength base? From my experience, the quintesson bases offered are grossly overlevelled in comparison to what players have at that medal range.
  • KrugaKruga Posts: 123
    If Kabam had changed the raid by limiting the number of attacks (both failed and succeeded) you will get before you are taken out of availability pool, it would at least seen as their way of saying defending bases are encouraged.

Imagine if we are being taken out of the pool after 4 attacks, until the next time we attack another base. This would incentivised players to boost their base because they know that if they can successfully defend 2 of the 4 attacks, they would have most of their raid chips intact, and have a peace of mind knowing that if the base is successfully defended 4 times, the raid chips are safe.
  • WarCatWarCat Posts: 171
    edited September 2017
    I never liked raiding much to begin with. All this update has managed to do for me, is make my drive to raid sink even lower. I was winning 15 to 18 raids a day, now I'm lucky if I can win 5 in a day. It's not a complaint, or me whining about the unfairness of it. Those are things that don't matter to me. I just don't see the point of trying to do something that I know I have no hope of winning now.