Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Opinions on Star Seeker?

So what are the thoughts on the new mastery Star Seeker? I got 1 point in it but then realized I'll never see it trigger unless i go over 100 combo. I guess its meant only for the Legends of Cybertron?

Kind of annoyed, curse my reading it wrong. I thought it meant increase attack rating on combo up to a max of 24% at 100 combo.

Comments

• SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    edited September 2017
    I feel like it should behave the same way Drift's sig would behave (at least I assume it would behave anyway) as you level it up where his number of hits needed to trigger his sig goes down as you level him up).

Rank 1 should be 100 hits and then the final ranking should lower it down to 50 hits. People would spend a Grimlock on that. Spending a Grim on a mastery where you still have to get to 100 to even trigger it is dumb.
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    Synthwave wrote: »
    I feel like it should behave the same way Drift's sig would behave (at least I assume it would behave anyway) as you level it up where his number of hits needed to trigger his sig goes down as you level him up).

Rank 1 should be 100 hits and then the final ranking should lower it down to 50 hits. People would spend a Grimlock on that. Spending a Grim on a mastery where you still have to get to 100 to even trigger it is dumb.

You do not have to get 100 hits for it to work, it maxes at 100 but it's exponential so first 50 hits are maybe a few percent buff then starts ramping up faster as it nears 100
  • It is basically like Star Lord's signiture in MCOC. As long as you don't get hit, the next hit does a tiny little more damage
  • I know how it works, but for a 350 Energon ability that basically will only ever trigger in the Legendary quest where you fight 65k+ bots it seems pretty crappy.

I mean you can barely even get to 50 combos even in normal fighting, most fights are usually done before you even break 40.

It is essentially a worthless talent to invest in outside of the top top top .01% of players able to hold a 100+ combo in Legend fights or as a prerequisite for the followup mastery.
  • I need to test it more or kabam needs to let us know how it works...but I think it might scale differently for certain game modes.
  • Mustangjon wrote: »

You do not have to get 100 hits for it to work, it maxes at 100 but it's exponential so first 50 hits are maybe a few percent buff then starts ramping up faster as it nears 100

How can you tell? There's no buff icon showing?
  • So it's basically like UNFAZED. There will be no way to tell it's working. Just have faith
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    Mustangjon wrote: »

How can you tell? There's no buff icon showing?

Because I can watch damage to up in a long am fight pretty simple guys... at 0 hits melee from ratchet is 137 dmg after 10 it goes to 138, 20 jumps to 139 and then starts jumping more and more. As far as I can see it's working as intended, but it jumps exponentially like it states so closer to 100 the bigger the jump is

• KrugaKruga Posts: 123
    Mutantdoc wrote: »
    So it's basically like UNFAZED. There will be no way to tell it's working. Just have faith

tjusc2tw4rv1.png

I would assume going unstoppable and attack buff would have their icons?

It was quite clear from the description that you have certain % of triggering IF your opponent evades?
  • TotherkinsTotherkins Posts: 299
    edited September 2017
    Think that's the current issue with unfazed. Kabam said it works but isn't showing an icon. Which makes people think it's not working. Star seeker is pretty legit...i have no idea how it works. But it seems to be great damage...lol. So take that for what it is.
  • I find it useful to boost the damage of lighter hitters like ratchet. In AM, it's not uncommon for me to rack up 80+ hit combos. Once I'm at 50 hits, the damage increase is pretty noticeable. It really helps me avoid the hp penalty at 3 min since my damage in that last minute gets a nice boost.
  • 5es6cnf0hmmt.png
    Gotta love it... yup