Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Dodge Punishment?

I've recently noticed that my bots are taking random amounts of damage each time they dodge in any direction. It's only about 30 to 50 per sidestep but I'm a shifty player so this small damage adds up fast.

Is this some kind of mastery thing because I only notice it in the arena and raids?
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Is that what that is? I thought I was imagining it in raids.
  • Options
    I figured I must have been getting hit
  • Options
    @Manthro

Whenever I dodge a red number of damage appears over my character just like bleed or shock damage numbers look like. I know it's not any debuff because I was against G1 Optimus Prime and he never hit me during the fight. He had the block proficiency mod.
  • Options
    Hey Drake6410,

Does this happen often, or was it just this one time? If it's more often, can you let me know which modes this occurs in, and who you're using in those fights?
  • Options
    @Kabam Miike
    So far I've only noticed in in events that involve other player's bots and not in story missions or daily. The most recent was in a raid against a G1 Optimus Prime that had the Strange Reflector mod. I can't remember if I was using either Shockwave or Ironhide. It's happened before but I don't recall any specifics of previous occasions.

The damage was labeled in the same red text as bleed and shock damage. Since G1 Optimus only adds bleed on critical hits against broken armor, that couldn't had been it. I kind of ignored it at first, but my health bar was dropping even though I hadn't taken any hits. It was about then I started paying attention to the numbers when I sidestepped.

I've been actively raiding still, but I have not seen the damage anymore. Because of that, I think it's a glitch instead of a mastery that I wasn't aware of. I do appreciate your concern and interest in the occurrence. I'll be sure to give more information if I see it happen again.
  • Options
    Well.. strange refractor returns damage when you punch their block, sort of like concussive block.

That could be it, assuming you were throwing a punch right after a sidestep
  • Options
    @Manthro

Oh shoot, that may be it. I didn't punch him but I was firing shots between dodges that he blocked some of. Perhaps the glitch is that the ranged attacks were being read as melee?
  • Options
    Manthro wrote: »
    Well.. strange refractor returns damage when you punch their block, sort of like concussive block.

That could be it, assuming you were throwing a punch right after a sidestep
    Drake6401 wrote: »
    @Manthro

Oh shoot, that may be it. I didn't punch him but I was firing shots between dodges that he blocked some of. Perhaps the glitch is that the ranged attacks were being read as melee?

Hmm, that's possible. I'll ask the team to look into this!
  • Options
    Sig of Strange Refractor reads: opponents that make contact with you block are damaged for up to 10.6% attack. Damage increase with block proficiency.

So both melee are ranged attacks are "making contact"? 10.6% at sig level 5 for my 3 star, and 17% at sig level 15 for my 2 star, feels a lot.
  • Options
    @Drake6401

Wow that happened similar to me on raids yesterday. I used Soundwave against MV1 Optimus Prime with Strange Refractor. When I shoot ranged attacks, I got damage on my with red numbers around 250.
    Never happened like that before...
  • Options
    Yeah, if you go up against a bot with a duped Strange Refractor equipped, and you come into contact with a block, you will recieve damage.