Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Usless concepts and mechanics in the game

Hello,

As maybe many of ppl that play this game have noticed, there are some concepts implemented in the game that basically are pretty usless. For instance the concept of classes. Whats the point having the 6 bot classes with each one overpowering one other class, if the fighting and winning is based basically on dodging and blocking. If you learn hie to dodge properly it doesn't matter who are you fighting. I chase "Heavy" bots like Motormaster, Optimus, Ironhide for several minutes until killing them, it's just boring... I understand when I chase an Arcee or Barricade but the heavy bots should really be played diferently.

Another usless thing is the round arena that are we fighting in. Basically the point is that the bots cannot run forever but, basically, this happens alot. In alot of matches happens that you get the enemy at the edge of the arena, where they have no place to go back, and when you try to use a heavy attack is ineffective, despite the fact that the enemy doesn't go back (can't), doesnt move sideways, and also blocking doesnt work against heavy, but tou still do no damage and it's pointless. From my point of view, when a bot has his back against the wall, he must either go sideways or take the heavy hits.

Comments

• the classes help, if your good at fights, then the class advantage will make it a short fight because you have an edge, plus they fit the type of bot that's it's assigned to, except for Bumble Bee, he should be scout class, with his evades and speed tactician don't fit, he's a scout bot in the shows and movies, why not in game?

It is possible to manually evade a heavy attack when your backed against the barrier, I've done it a couple of times, heavy range attacks you gotta side step, but evading every single hit is impossible for us humans, the computer AI cheats us of a fair fight when it does it, and it does it allot.
  • AmanoAmano Posts: 318
    Please delete this post those are prol 2 of the more important mechanics in the game
  • Pointless. Same as saying the game shouldn't exist.
  • Amano wrote: »
    Please delete this post those are prol 2 of the more important mechanics in the game

That does't exclude this post. I didn't see any posts on forum regarding these situations!
  • Pointless. Same as saying the game shouldn't exist.

The purpose of this post is to point the fact that some mechanics don't work properly and should be looked into.
    Regarding the classes I would prefer some clases like brawler for example to be more developed on the armor/resistance than to see him flee all over the arena like a scout, that's why the bots supposed to be diferent and make the game interesting!

• Yeah. Gotta say that this is a pretty pointless post. The two concepts you are referring to are pretty major gameplay elements.

Bot classes are what they are. You claim to chase bots all over but you don't mention what your arena win streak is. Bots can get pretty hairy to catch at much higher streaks. Get used to it. Bot class has nothing to do with the AI and you having to "chase" bots. Maybe stop chasing and make them come to you?

The round arena is a product of pretty much all 3D fighting games. It isn't going anywhere either.

OP it sounds like you're just not having a lot of fun with the type of fighting game this is. Maybe try other modes within the game to see if it clicks for you.
  • The only thing I do agree with is that bots back step heavy attacks when against the game wall. It is a little strange that the attack goes straight through them with no result.

Class types are fine to me and it is rather neat how many bots have traits that pull the advantage over their bested classes, such as Warriors having anti dodge traits to hold up Scouts. It helps add reason to why they're strong against those class bots.
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    You've all obviously been trolled
  • I like the way the class system is handled, with each class playing, in general, to specific strengths (scouts live on crits, demos build for big specials, etc).
  • WunWun420WunWun420 Posts: 41
    edited September 2017
    Mustangjon wrote: »
    You've all obviously been trolled

You obviously just want your post count to increase. When I was a little boy I learned that if I have nothing to say about a topic, just to be quiet and listen what people that have something to say are saying. It's not the first time when you just "comment" with no implication in the discussion. If you want we can make a topic called "Mustangjon wants to reply" and you can reply there to everyone about anything... should we try it?!
  • Hired_Goon wrote: »
    Yeah. Gotta say that
    The round arena is a product of pretty much all 3D fighting games. It isn't going anywhere either.

OP it sounds like you're just not having a lot of fun with the type of fighting game this is. Maybe try other modes within the game to see if it clicks for you.

It's not about the shape of the arena, it's about bots that "evade" heavy atacks when they are back against the wall, I described theyr behavior in the first post.
  • Whoa im not trying to add fuel to the flame, but DAMN mustangjon got rekt
  • WunWun420 wrote: »

It's not about the shape of the arena, it's about bots that "evade" heavy atacks when they are back against the wall, I described theyr behavior in the first post.

Then learn to dodge or not rely on Heavies so much. It is possible to backstep at right time and miss attacks while back is against the wall but timing is everything. So what you're really upset about is the AI having much better timing than you.
  • Lol! Who wouldn't be mad if the AI was better than them consistently? How exactly do you backstep and avoid a missile coming right at you? I've seen it happen but it doesn't make any sense. It should just mean the projectile takes half a second longer to hit you since you're not actually trying to get out of the way of it.

Also, agree about Bumblebee. He should be a scout and Prowl should be the tactician.
  • One of the loading screen tips says it's harder for the enemy to dodge when they're against the wall, I haven't experienced any difference. They dodge just as much as normal. They back step against a wall to dodge a heavy all the time.
  • KrugaKruga Posts: 123
    Terminal wrote: »
    One of the loading screen tips says it's harder for the enemy to dodge when they're against the wall, I haven't experienced any difference. They dodge just as much as normal. They back step against a wall to dodge a heavy all the time.

I think Kabam meant this as a joke... on the players. It is really harder for the players to avoid close range near the wall heavies.
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    Kruga wrote: »
    One of the loading screen tips says it's harder for the enemy to dodge when they're against the wall, I haven't experienced any difference. They dodge just as much as normal. They back step against a wall to dodge a heavy all the time.

I think Kabam meant this as a joke... on the players. It is really harder for the players to avoid close range near the wall heavies.

Learn to use it yourself and you won't want it removed lol
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited September 2017
    Mustangjon wrote: »
    Kruga wrote: »

Learn to use it yourself and you won't want it removed lol

This, precisely