Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Why Autoplay needs to be in raids..

DavienDavien Posts: 758
edited September 2017 in General Discussion
When vs players who purposely put on a crappy defense, e.g. 3k and below.. players can have a chance to steamroll their base on autoplay - even when they're kinda busy.

This will discourage players from putting on such a weak setup. It is super annoying when we're attempting raid events with just 1 choice currently.. hence even more reason to put on autoplay feature in raids now. Let those super low defense rating players drop their medals even faster since they're asking for it! Time for payback to those of us who really need to raid chips yet getting annoyed by low defense base.

Mind you 2-3k defense rating bases only gives above 2-3k raid chips which is a waste of our 3/3 raid ticket!! At least put on a decent 6-8k defense base already most players can handle them!!

Hence, why I suggest Kabam to seriously consider activating autoplay feature in Raids.. just need to copy paste what is presently the autoplay at Arena.

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2017
    it will also encourage high level players that are currently in game to raid more.. an example is inightskies.. just see how easy it is for him to raid with his max ranked OG Prime:

If I'm at his position I will feel bored with manually playing raids everyday too; hence this is also much needed by them.

• Options
    KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    edited September 2017
    Well, if they add it, fine. I've no complaint. I just want to jump in and observe that, with a 4K+ Prime, it really doesn't matter if there is autofight feature. You see, in less than 4 minutes, he and he alone can park-walk a 14000+ base, manually. Autofighting will surely be longer. Irrelevant though, autofight will not be the key to encourage those players to raid more. It's still more a matter of available raid tickets than the average time spent on a raid.
  • Options
    I would like to see Autoplay in Raids. Sometimes, it would be nice to just let the game do it's thing, while I'm at work. It sucks to just let the 3 raid tickets sit there and do nothing.
  • Options
    Raptor22 wrote: »
    I would like to see Autoplay in Raids. Sometimes, it would be nice to just let the game do it's thing, while I'm at work. It sucks to just let the 3 raid tickets sit there and do nothing.

This exactly.. And to revenge against those that purposely sandbag their base to super low defence ratings. Perfect for an autoplay steamroll on their base.
  • Options
    They said they want medals to be an indicator of performance. If it's auto then it can't do that.
  • Options
    MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    Terminal wrote: »
    They said they want medals to be an indicator of performance. If it's auto then it can't do that.

Performance rating is only roughly accurate being you can jump hundreds of points or lose hundreds in matter of an hour
  • Options
    Mustangjon wrote: »
    Terminal wrote: »

Performance rating is only roughly accurate being you can jump hundreds of points or lose hundreds in matter of an hour

My point did not mention accuracy, or my opinion about the quality of the system, it has nothing to do with accuracy. If you think it's a bad indicator then take that up with Kabam.

If you felt this way you should have said something about it in the raid thread.

I'm simply stating the reasoning that Kabam has given previously for recent changes to raids. Auto play would defeat that purpose and contradict their reasons so it's not likely to happen.

I'm not sure your point or what you want to argue with me. My point seemed pretty clear and I didn't indicate any position either way.
  • Options
    MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    I'm stating auto won't effect the medals positive or negative unless people raid with bots above their level
  • Options
    Mustangjon wrote: »
    I'm stating auto won't effect the medals positive or negative unless people raid with bots above their level

Maybe it will, maybe it won't. It can easily be argued that it will effect the medals positively and negatively by potentially allowing people to raid more than they usually would. They've chosen to raid more than they normally would have because of the auto option. Like how some people did arena more, not everyone, but some.

However, you can't have a performance based metric if the ai is performing the action instead of you. It defeats the purpose of what Kabam said they want raids to be.

I'm not saying it's perfect logic, but this is what Kabams position seems to be, not my position.

Personally, I don't mind if they add auto or not.
  • Options
    Agreed for sure about the Auto Fight, but remember, there is something more important about raids....
    #BringBackFeaturedCrystalsOnRaidStore
  • Options
    Auto in raids likely won't work- auto plays mods really badly (just try auto on the harder routes in story mode - auto gets creamed by most mods because there is no adjustment to fight the mod).

You'd only be able to auto very low bases, so it'd be a waste of time really.
  • Options
    Since when is a 14000 base called a "high base" in front of a 5/5&100/100 OG Prime?
  • Options
    Umm… my defense is only crappy because i dont have enough time to improve it… all my top bots r the ones that go on missions, raids, etc. and the ones that are left are my sorta ok bots
  • Options
    lilbeastie wrote: »
    Auto in raids likely won't work- auto plays mods really badly (just try auto on the harder routes in story mode - auto gets creamed by most mods because there is no adjustment to fight the mod).

You'd only be able to auto very low bases, so it'd be a waste of time really.

It applies similar to that of arena. Only go for auto when its safe to do so.