Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

The IronHide Gambit - My Ultimate Goal at a Dupe 3* IronHide

Comments

• AGBanditAGBandit Posts: 113
    Day 149: Nothing new to report... watch at your own risk. 3 predictable minutes you'll never get back.
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    have u gotten your IH awakened yet @AGBandit ?
    "Awakened"? Do you mean has my 2-Star been maxed out in duplicates? I think it's at 80 or 85 right now.
  • AGBandit wrote: »
    "Awakened"? Do you mean has my 2-Star been maxed out in duplicates? I think it's at 80 or 85 right now.

Not to detract from what you have going but seriously? You don't even play enough to know what he means by awakened?

Awakened means you have gained a bots signature ability. The first time you dupe a 2* or higher bot you "awaken" its signature ability.

@Davien is asking if you have duped your Ironhide.

Your lack of understanding a basic element of the game is annoying when you're going on about how it will take you forever to get what you want.

I mean anyone can start a thread like this. Pick a bot and claim it'll take em 1, 2, 5, 10 years to get what they want and when they only play for 5 minutes total a week, they're always going to be right. I have a life, full time job, wife, 2 kids and spend far more time on my PS4 than I do my phone playing FtF. I've still managed to put in enough time to work towards what I want.

Your effort tells me that you don't really want what you claim to want.
    1) You're accusing me of something that is false. If you've followed my posts (and vlogs) from the beginning, you would notice the numerous times I've mentioned (and proven) the amount of time I play per week is on par with a daily player (avg. 7-14 hrs per week). Not casual... not hardcore... daily.

2) So now it's my turn to accuse you. You claim I barely play this game yet you don't even read my past postings for confirmation? All based on my vague recollection of what a term means? So by that logic you must know 100% of all terminology of every game you've ever played regardless of the time invested in it? MLB The Show 17 is currently my favorite PS4 game that I play daily since launch and I STILL forget what terms like BR or CM mean...

3) There's a few logical explanations as to why the term "Awakened" alluded me... ready? a) I don't pay attention to what happens to ANY bot other than IronHide. b) My 2* IH was initially "Awakened" so long ago I had forgotten what it looked like (as you, busy with full time job, wife 3 kids and on PS4 too). c) I WAS on the right track when I assumed what "awakened" meant since my IH has done it roughly SIXTEEN times now... yet get no credit, but blasted for it...

Wow..., just... unbelievable.
    Upon further review...

Davien, be glad I'm not like Hired_Goon...

Otherwise instead of responding to your question with an engaging question of my own... I would've just went on the offensive and accused you of not paying attention... or worse.

It would've went something like "OMG, didn't you even see the video?! What do you think the 2-Silver Stars mean? ERMAGHERD!! Do you not play this game enough to recognize "Awakened" bots when you see them?! Grrrr!!! Here's a screen shot taken from the first 17 seconds of my video!"

f5d2q8patkvn.jpg
  • AAGZ0921AAGZ0921 Posts: 194
    edited November 2017
    AGBandit wrote: »
    Upon further review...

Davien, be glad I'm not like Hired_Goon...

Otherwise instead of responding to your question with an engaging question of my own... I would've just went on the offensive and accused you of not paying attention... or worse.

It would've went something like "OMG, didn't you even see the video?! What do you think the 2-Silver Stars mean? ERMAGHERD!! Do you not play this game enough to recognize "Awakened" bots when you see them?! Grrrr!!! Here's a screen shot taken from the first 17 seconds of my video!

Glad I'm not the only one with this problem, and by problem I mean people thinking they are some sort of God's gift to the world. Yet here they still are, and the mods don't do crap about them, scolding and pushing newer players away. Report them, flag them and the mods come after the person reporting. Go ahead mods, silence me, that's all you're good for. Fuel your god complex one more time.
  • 1) I have not accused you of anything. I have stated simple exagerated fact. You're in-game profile shows me all I need to know. You claim to play as much as me. 14 hours in a week is actually pretty high for me. I probably sink 10 or fewer hours a week into FtF. Your biggest bots are still all base 4/40 3*. You don't forge which given the 304 bots you have, you should really consider doing. Especially since you have claimed well beyond count that no bot matters to you except Ironhide. I'm banking you have a ton of 2* at or near max sig ability. That's a ton of 3* guaranteed crystals. One of which could very well be what you're looking for.

2) I see no accusation here. Maybe learn what accusation means before throwing it around. I've got no wish to start an argument and if you want to, you can PM before bringing it to the forums. And yes, once I leave the noobie parts of a game behind, I tend to know all the terminology needed. Hard to be a leader and teach if I don't know what I'm talking about when it comes to terminology

3) Awakening an ability only applies to the first dupe. And it's a pretty common term seeing as the programs Kabam put on sale a week ago are referred to as Awakening Programs.

No need to bring Daviens name into this. He asked a question. You gave a question in response and in the middle of my post, I clarified his question for you to better understand what he was asking.

And I have no desire to watch videos of someone opening crystals and getting really solid and useful bots, in some cases 4*, only to hear you call it all crap. That's not my cup of tea.
  • Hired_GoonHired_Goon Posts: 440
    edited November 2017
    AAGZ0921 wrote: »
    Glad I'm not the only one with this problem, and by problem I mean people thinking they are some sort of God's gift to the world. Yet here they still are, and the mods don't do crap about them, scolding and pushing newer players away. Report them, flag them and the mods come after the person reporting. Go ahead mods, silence me, that's all you're good for. Fuel your god complex one more time.

Responses like this is why you're having issues. I said at begining of my post I'm not here to detract from what @AGBandit is doing. It's his cup of tea. I merely stated that anyone could do the same thing and be in same boat if they aren't really putting forth an effort and I see no effort being made by AG.

At no time have I ever claimed to be gods gift. I simply put forth an effort. I run raids only on days that the store has what I want. Yesterday was first time I've run arena in weeks. I spend energy running spotlight and running AM with my alliance. I collect 2* until I get close to maxing a sig on 1 then forge them all for the xp and crystal shards which always nets me 3-5 3* crystals. I do this about once every other month or so.

I was in your boat once. Had nothing while the beta players were way ahead. I did what I coukd as I could. I grinded hard those first couple of months thanks to that new fun game smell. I've dropped off and now do what I want as I want, i still make regular progress. And I most certai,ly do not complain because I don't have what the top players and alliances have.

Both of you guys need to chill a bit. I'll leave your post alone. I seem to have struck a nerve.

PS. @AGBandit you got 304 bots mate. You really should consider forging them. Might be a 3* IH and dupe in it for you. You never know but if it was me, I would maximize my chances by doing everything I could in the amount of time you spend playing.

PSS. Geeze, I really didn't mean to write a book about all of this. Sorry for all that.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    po. tate. oh.
    what makes this a gambit, by the way? I feel like if this were a true gambit then you actually would forge all of your bots to get the shards, as that stays truer to the definition of a gambit. As far as I can tell, at the moment you just play the game like the rest of us and hope for Ironhide... not much of a gambit!
    Part of The Gambit lies in that I'm using as many of those unforged bots in the Arenas that produce the 3* Shards...
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    Part of The Gambit lies in that I'm using as many of those unforged bots in the Arenas that produce the 3* Shards...

What rank did you get last arena? It's still in the history at the moment.
    17%-20% In the two most recent Arenas.
  • DirculesDircules Posts: 509
    Not this again. AG, I enjoy your videos and the tone with which you bring it. I hope one day you will be put out of your misery and get that unicorn. With cannons.
  • Dircules wrote: »
    Not this again. AG, I enjoy your videos and the tone with which you bring it. I hope one day you will be put out of your misery and get that unicorn. With cannons.

Me too, every time I open the thread I am hoping to see the screenshot of AG's shiny new bot. Someday... it will be a victory for us all. And I started off hating this thread, now it is one of my favorites.

AG keep on keepin on man.
  • CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    edited November 2017
    I'm thinking of starting a Ramjet gambit. I don't even care if I dupe him (although that would be nice), I just need him and Sideswipe to complete my collection. Although the Sideswipe one is my fault, had a 95 sig and forged him into 4* Prowl, now I can't find a single one.
    AGBandit, you wouldn't happen to have a Ramjet I could borrow, would you?

Still not convinced that that is a gambit of any kind...

anyway, 6 weeks in and I have him duped a few times. He’s really good. Only one I don’t have is Ultra Magnus actually, might start a thread... The Hunt for Ultra Magnus, as it isn’t a gambit of any kind at all ever.

Good luck.
    Sorry Brotha... I don't even have a Starscream... and that was my fault for going lax a few days in October... :blush:
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    edited November 2017
    17%-20% In the two most recent Arenas.

Because that rank only gives 275 3* shards, can I suggest a new gambit?

Arena has radically changed now that's its 24hrs. Only 2 arenas every 2 weeks have shards. So it might be time for a new strategy.

The best place for 3* shards is the alliance event milestone rewards.

Your alliance is a very inactive and unable to hit those milestones. With your daily activeness you should be able to get in to an alliance that can hit the milestones with 3* shards.

I think this would be the best way forward.

At the moment, this gambit feels like it's just open daily crystals and hope to get lucky. Time to seize your destiny AG, grab that ironhide :)
    It isn’t a damn gambit. You guys need to go look up the definition of gambit!
  • DirculesDircules Posts: 509
    Maybe forge that 2* IronHide. I think the 3* might be a bit intimidated.
  • DaveJL wrote: »

You need to take your own advise. Mirriam-Webster:
    Gambit. Noun. any maneuver by which one seeks to gain an advantage.

The maneuver playing the game as much as OP can, the advantage having a three star duped iron hide. It could be a gambit. Just because there isn't a card wielding mutant or because it isn't an opening move in chess doesn't mean that it does not fit the modern definition of gambit.
    Slibby8803 wrote: »
    DaveJL wrote: »

The maneuver playing the game as much as OP can, the advantage having a three star duped iron hide. It could be a gambit. Just because there isn't a card wielding mutant or because it isn't an opening move in chess doesn't mean that it does not fit the modern definition of gambit.

I’d hardly call playing the game a gambit. It generally refers to something done or said, tactically or strategically, to obtain an advantage. Hence the chess gambit or any other form of it.

If he was say, forging all of his bots to gain 3* shards to open crystals to get a 3* IH, fine, but he is literally just playing the game like everyone else does. Therefore EVERYONE is involved in an involuntary gambit just by playing the damn game, or more so, by doing anything in life, which isn’t the case.

All I’m saying is that this most certainly isn’t a gambit of any kind and the thread title is wrong and silly.
  • DaveJL wrote: »

I’d hardly call playing the game a gambit. It generally refers to something done or said, tactically or strategically, to obtain an advantage. Hence the chess gambit or any other form of it.

If he was say, forging all of his bots to gain 3* shards to open crystals to get a 3* IH, fine, but he is literally just playing the game like everyone else does. Therefore EVERYONE is involved in an involuntary gambit just by playing the damn game, or more so, by doing anything in life, which isn’t the case.

All I’m saying is that this most certainly isn’t a gambit of any kind and the thread title is wrong and silly.

All I am saying is I am going to trust mirriam webster rather than random internet guy... The definition is clear and in context of the actual definition of gambit not your perceived use of it it can fit. Sooo.... Good day sir.
    edited November 2017

All I am saying is I am going to trust mirriam webster rather than random internet guy... The definition is clear and in context of the actual definition of gambit not your perceived use of it it can fit. Sooo.... Good day sir.

The context of the actual definition? So you mean literally everything is a gambit then? Playing the game is not a manouveur, it is too general. It refers to something done specifically to gain an advantage, not something as general as playing a game. Should I start a topic about my life gambit where by I just live and exist in the hopes of earning money? It’s ridiculous.

Here you go.

b0pfvbjw8ske.png
  • OP7842OP7842 Posts: 46
    ...or maybe he just thought it was an interesting title for a thread. Stress less people.
    Wow. All this for just a thread title? I can end this once and for all.

1) It's MY Gambit... the definitions posted are correct and I justify them NOT by playing the game regularly but by the UNIQUE strategy of a) creating this thread and b) posting vlogs in the hopes of influencing Kabam to have mercy on my account. WHO else is taking that calculated risk by putting themselves out there to gain an advantage that I've been doing since the outset?

2) It's an homage to my G1 roots... Season 2 - Episode 23 "The God Gambit".
    Terminal wrote: »
    Because that rank only gives 275 3* shards, can I suggest a new gambit?

Arena has radically changed now that's its 24hrs. Only 2 arenas every 2 weeks have shards. So it might be time for a new strategy.

The best place for 3* shards is the alliance event milestone rewards.

Your alliance is a very inactive and unable to hit those milestones. With your daily activeness you should be able to get in to an alliance that can hit the milestones with 3* shards.

I think this would be the best way forward.

At the moment, this gambit feels like it's just open daily crystals and hope to get lucky. Time to seize your destiny AG, grab that ironhide :)

And in a sense... isn't my unorthodox strategy of work my butt off the roundabout way to earn a couple 3-Star Crystals every week a Gambit within itself? ;p

In all seriousness, I'm willing to try anything at this point... even going "mainstream" in my gameplay. So the only question that remains is who has an Alliance opening for me? I play daily! (If that horse hasn't been beaten enough already...)

@Dircules - Yeah I've been saving that 2* IH as my first sacrifice to forge into the 3* IH as a celebratory sendoff!
    you can’t gain an advantage by making a thread and doing vlogs mate. Sorry to say, but you just completely wasted your time if you genuinely thought it would work... people who do this on MCoC are ten a penny and nothing changes for them, so it wont for you my friend