Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Ipad add on Controllers

Ok so this is a question for the tech savvy or anyone from Kabam with the right knowledge, and forgive me for my wording, as I'm not sure how to put this.

Would an add-on controller for an iPad work with forged to fight?

I have peripheral Neuropathy (nerve damage), and am looking for a way to limit the discomfort, does anyone use such a device for this game?

Thanks

Comments

• Its a good idea. Id also like to see the support of bluetooth keyboards as a controller.
  • Please can someone from Kabam reply to this, and provide information on whether or not add-on controllers are supported or not!
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited September 2017
    Unless your phone is rooted/jailbroken, gamepads do not currently work at all. I have the moto Z GamePad and I can't do a thing in game with it.

For Android you need root in order to map touchscreen controls for the game to the dpad and buttons... Don't know if it's the same for apple devices.

I've requested gamepad support in a couple other threads, but I'm glad we have a dedicated one for it now..

Get er done Kabam! Gamepad support would be great for this game. Allow for custom keymapping as well please.

If not, I would suggest block be a shoulder button, and special be the other shoulder button... Then you could flex light, medium and heavy hits... Light and heavy would be either two different buttons, or the same button w long/short press, and medium is the usual dash forward coming from the dpad.
  • I have asked exactly the same question to Kabam support. The answer I got was NO: they had no plans to implement the support of bluetooth game controller to this game.
    Nowadays many other games support the bluetooth game controller, which is a nice feature.
    Tezz001 wrote: »
    Ok so this is a question for the tech savvy or anyone from Kabam with the right knowledge, and forgive me for my wording, as I'm not sure how to put this.

Would an add-on controller for an iPad work with forged to fight?

I have peripheral Neuropathy (nerve damage), and am looking for a way to limit the discomfort, does anyone use such a device for this game?

Thanks

• Thanks for your replies everyone, seems Kabam is content on giving me the cold shoulder!

It’s a real shame that Kabam won’t add support for such devices.
  • FWIW, The NVIDIA Shield has its own wireless Bluetooth controller that you can map to play this game in just a few seconds. It works pretty well assuming you dont mind the NVIDIA Shield itself overheating and crashing every 30min or so (literally, this is the only game that constantly crashes on this tablet).
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Stitch626 wrote: »
    FWIW, The NVIDIA Shield has its own wireless Bluetooth controller that you can map to play this game in just a few seconds. It works pretty well assuming you dont mind the NVIDIA Shield itself overheating and crashing every 30min or so (literally, this is the only game that constantly crashes on this tablet).

I wish the moto gamepad had the same access to map touchscreen commands as the Nvidia without rooting your device :(