Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

I have a life...

I have not been able to finish many alliance events I've started because I was out of energy, and then time ran out, or because it was over before I knew it had been started, etc... These are examples of my frustration. I'm an adult with a life and way more important things to do than play games, but the games I like to play, all seem geared toward the idea that this is the only game I play and that it is my life. It makes it difficult to be part of an alliance. You can get kicked from your alliance for not participating in enough events. It's really annoying when I have the time to play, but I run out of the in-game energy.

What I'm asking for is a solution that gives me more time to play when I have the time to play. The ability to refill my alliance energy, for example, would be nice. Also, just longer times in general would be good too.

Comments

• Options
    There is an ability to buy alliance mission energy
  • Options
    Stitch626Stitch626 Posts: 286
    edited September 2017
    There are a lot of Alliances out there, many of which will cater to different play styles. If you are in an alliance that is requiring you to participate in every event or put up minimum amounts that are too difficult for you to achieve on a regular basis, then it might be time to look for a different alliance that is more your speed.

Also, not all of the events are worth investing time or energy into. Item Use, for example, offers extremely minimal rewards for having to use up many of your saved up resources. The best events for really putting the time and effort into are things like Raid Blast, Advancement, Mission Complete, and Away Mission Success...those events tend to last at least a day or longer, which should give you enough time to participate to at least some degree.

But again, it really comes down to playstyle. Personally, if I was in an Alliance that was pushing me to do events that I didnt have the time to do, I would find a new Alliance. Its better for the Alliance, and yourself.

In regards to things like running out of energy in AM's, as a poster above mentioned, you can purchase things to restore that energy in the Store. But AM's are supposed to be a team effort. They work even better when your Alliance puts people in similar time zones into the same groups...that way everyone is awake and playing around the same times, which helps progression through the map. Similarly as mentioned above, if 90% of your Alliance is in Europe and youre in California, it might be better for you to find an Alliance that does AM's in a time zone closer to your own.
  • Options
    DavienDavien Posts: 758
    edited September 2017
    yes you should only be playing this game on mobile and no others. It's a great time sink but at the same time great fun too. If you try juggle multiple games + this one u will utterly fail unless if you're jobless/have too much time in your hands.

if you can't take it just quit the game completely or quit the alliance. Join a more casual one. And don't try to 100% everything else you'll stress out.. need to take a chill pill from the game sometimes and focus on what is important such as events and AM.

just my advice.. hope you choose what's best for you. Some games are like that requires a lot of commitment. I'm a transformers fan so I don't mind.. I love collecting the toys since young and enjoy playing with them. If you're not a fan, I understand it will be hard to keep up. Same as Marvel or DC games or any other that is based on a massive brand name.
  • Options
    Man, if u have way more important things in life than playing video games, you should probably consider having way more important things in life than whine typing in a videogame forum, or just tell the truth.
  • Options
    Longer times for what? AM is 24 hours to complete, except on the last day if your Alliance started it late.

Honestly, if it's over before you know it or time ran out then you're not really playing the game much or even playing daily, because it's a 24 hour timer. It seems like you play so little you don't even know that AM is 24 hours and how much effort is required to finish it.

The best solution is to find an alliance that is equally passive as you are that doesn't care about playing the game or completing events.

There are lots of alliances out there that suit all different levels of play, if you need help finding one that fits your level of play and commitment, let us know here on the forums. I'm sure many have some good suggestions for a suitable alliance for you.

The amount of nodes that AM has, if you join in the last few hours you're not really helping and forcing everyone else to work much harder to complete it. If everyone joined when you did or played the way you do it's physically impossible to complete AM, so look for an alliance that doesn't care about doing it.

With that being said, there's lots of contradictions in your post and it just sounds like someone who is salty about being kicked for inactivity and just wants to vent and give excuses, everything you've said is 'it's not my fault, life is unfair'.
  • Options
    I wouldn't say it is about you having a life as opposed to it being more about Kabam knowing that you will have to make a choice between your time or your money. See, this being a free to play game means that they will "balance" the enemies, amount of energy needed to complete a mission and even "balance" the rewards to make you choose. Choose to either use your time to grind or to spend your money to "advance" faster.

Just look at the alpha deal for instance. $4.99 for a hand full of alpha essence. Or you could grind through the special missions to get the same amount for free, but then your time is used up and maybe even some energon or a energy refill is used...both of which will cost money or time to regain...a vicious circle that we all fall for when we let our wallets tell them that their current model is working and they are making profits off of the amount of people that spend over $60 (the cost of a retail game with everything unlocked without having to spend money)
  • Options
    start your own chill alliance
  • Options
    I'll join your chill alliance! Was getting hand cramps (and high blood pressure) pushing for hardcore rewards
  • Options
    BeniaminBeniamin Posts: 28
    edited September 2017
    They need to add solo events and it needs to be with good rewards, because sometimes you can play just in different time for example: if we have alliance mission we need to login 3 or 4 times to complete. But if we have solo event and dont have to time to login during the day we can reach all millestones after job playing one long time and earn valuable rewards. I imagine that for some of people its annoying and they are leaving the game because of frustration that they can not spend time in game like others. The game should appeciate SOLO playing!
  • Options
    Beniamin wrote: »
    They need to add solo events and it needs to be with good rewards, because sometimes you can play just in different time for example: if we have alliance mission we need to login 3 or 4 times to complete. But if we have solo event and dont have to time to login during the day we can reach all millestones after job playing one long time and earn valuable rewards. I imagine that for some of people its annoying and they are leaving the game because of frustration that they can not spend time in game like others. The game should appeciate SOLO playing!

The game has solo stuff, it's called spotlights, raids and arena... etc.

• Options
    BeniaminBeniamin Posts: 28
    edited September 2017
    That's right but I mean solo events. Now only whole alliance activity is rewarded in events.
    I would love to see 3 7-day solo events like :
    1. Crystals opening
    2. Your own advancement
    3. Energy or tickets use ( for example 1 mission energy = 1 point, 1 raid ticket = 5 points, alliance mission energy - 5 points)