Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Ranged attacks

Can someone tell me why the AI can do ranged attacks up close but we can't? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Because Kabam
    In all seriousness though, it's just one of a handful of cheats the AI gets to compensate for not having human intelligence. Annoying, yes, esp when Kabam reps deny it, but it's beatable with time and luck.
  • Options
    Ive wondered this as well. I assume its due to a very slight delay with the server, in that you are telling your bot to charge forward, and before that the game is deciding to shoot. So on your screen it looks like the AI is able to shoot close up, when in reality it STARTED shooting before you reached its minimum range.

It often comes across as though the AI is "cheating" though, since many of the moves the AI does, are not really repeatable by a normal person. This sort of thing can also be seen when the AI bot dodges (dash back dodge, not the evade skill) your attack over and over and over again. Sometimes it seems that the bot will not allow you to hit it until its hit you at least a few times first.
  • Options
    DirculesDircules Posts: 509
    edited September 2017
    Can't delete comments :(
  • Options
    I suspect it's caused by latency between player and the server. There are lots of things that look like cheating, but are probably just because the AI has no latency. What I find most frustrating is some bots, like ramjet, have specials that cause a brief freeze, making it impossible to block or dodge. I suspect it's caused by the game loading the graphics for the attack, but the end result is that the brief warning that a special is coming is rendered worthless because the game won't allow you to act.
  • Options
    This can occur for players just the same. I've done many point blank shots on enemies that dash after me. There is a small delay on attacks so it's quite likely for you to charge into their projectiles.

Also @Fyrintenimar , it's not server related because the fight itself does not require internet service. You can continue a fight without internet, but won't be able to leave and get results. This means there is no connection related delays.
  • Options
    @Stitch626 I hadn't considered that angle, but I think you and @Fyrintenimar are on to something.
  • Options
    If it's not communication issues, then it's resource use on the device causing the slow downs. End result is the same.
    I have noticed the most recent update has made my bots less responsive overall. Not to the extent that the game is unplayable but frustrating to use the appropriate tap or swipe command and watch the bot not act, then take a bunch of damage as a result.