Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Bots on Base Defense should have synergies enabled!

Yes! This is my best idea ever! Would make raids a little more difficult, and defense a lot more fun! Finally a decent use for Shockwave. Imagine a base with 5 tech bots powering up Shockwave as a boss! Or Megatron with his full posse. Could make Ultra Magnus a great base defender too. I think this is a brilliant idea and should be implemented in 4.0!

Also while you're at it, my second best idea ever that I just came up with. On defense, make bots have synergies with a couple of mods to make them extra special.

These changes would make base defense a lot more tactical and technical and hopefully see more variety in defenses instead of grindors on HA and wasps/megas on LGM.

Thank you!

Comments

• TotherkinsTotherkins Posts: 299
    edited September 2017
    At least you know how to pat yourself on the back...

I agree with you though this would put more strategy and thought into our base layout and would make it fun from a strategizing perspective.
  • Kabam already said "no" to this idea, it would be unfair, although it does sound fun, it may be too difficult for the majority of the player base.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    MaxBebop wrote: »
    Kabam already said "no" to this idea, it would be unfair, although it does sound fun, it may be too difficult for the majority of the player base.

Too difficult for the majority of the player base has never seemed to deter content before... However, I'm sure there are synergy and mod combinations that could break the game if they were allowed
  • No thank you. Raids are fine where they are. Set a defending bot and give it a mod best suited for it's style. I run a 4k team at best against 10k bases, the last thing I need is synergy boosts running through the base. Synergy should remain an offensive statistic. Offense gets synergy, defenses gets mods.
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    it is difficult as it is already.. have u tried reaching 2k medals and vs 10k+ base defense opponents? try it out I'm sure it's 'fun'.
  • Davien wrote: »
    it is difficult as it is already.. have u tried reaching 2k medals and vs 10k+ base defense opponents? try it out I'm sure it's 'fun'.

It most certainly is not :smile:
  • Manthro wrote: »
    MaxBebop wrote: »
    Kabam already said "no" to this idea, it would be unfair, although it does sound fun, it may be too difficult for the majority of the player base.

Too difficult for the majority of the player base has never seemed to deter content before... However, I'm sure there are synergy and mod combinations that could break the game if they were allowed

This is exactly the reason they gave when they said they had no plans to do this.

All the coding errors with various combinations of Masteries are one thing. Having to check every combination of mastery AND mod would be exponentially harder.

That said, I'd love it if bases had synergies AND AM-style linked modes.

And while we're dreaming, they could make up for the extra difficulty by bumping the rewards and giving an extra raid ticket every hour
  • Davien wrote: »

Yes.

5zrpl047l66t.png