Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

October Update Discussion Thread

Comments

• Mustangjon wrote: »
    Sound2m wrote: »
    Just for clarification, each month we will have a brand new (never released bot) to acquire?

Will bots that were already released in the past be only obtainable via regular bot crystals or featured bot crystals (not chips)?

And lastly, will leftover monthly featured bot chips be tradeable for say crystal shards?

Thanks for response in advance sir.

Each month there will be a brand new Bot to acquire. This might change in the future (Maybe a special month for whatever reason). So at this time, the plan is that older Bots will only be available via Crystals (as they are now), but will not have Arenas for them.

At this time, we are not ready to announce what will happen with the leftover chips. We do plan on converting them to something, but we are not sure of the conversion rate just yet.

Why can’t the feature chips just be generic and not roll over month to month, and allow to build for the bot people want?

@Kabam Miike

That's a good question! This is something that I has asked the team as well, and the answer is that this is meant to create a sense of urgency. We don't want people to be able to hoard Chips for months on end waiting to get a specific bot.

It's admittedly something that some players will not like, but it's a choice the team has made for the game's long term health.
  • Mark174 wrote: »
    Dircules wrote: »
    I second all mentions of shifting AMs out of the weekends. I can play during the week at work. Weekend is family time. Thanks.

We get where you're coming from, and we're going to keep looking into it, but as we look at participation in Alliance Missions right now, the highest participation is on the Weekends. We'll keep an eye on this for the future though!

The highest participation of whom? Kids who can only play on weekends just because of school etc? And also they play a few months and leave this game. Your target audience is an adult players who spends a lot of time and some/lot money on TF2T.

I wanna say that participation in global meaning is very subjective point of view.

Weekends for family, other days for work and play hard B)

That might be true! We're open to keeping an eye on this new schedule, and could rearrange it in the future if we find that we've chosen the wrong days.
  • This got my interest back in the game but i work too much to get that 100k chips for 4* probably everything else sounds good though

Even if you won't be playing for the chips needed to get that 4-Star, this new update is bringing lots of stuff for all different kinds of players! More Arenas that are more accessible, more Alliance Events, and more items in the Raid Store (on Rotation)!
  • When will you announce the new expert difficulty info/ more arena info/ raid rotiaion Store?
  • Odie21Odie21 Posts: 209
    And I ask again, with all this new playable material coming out, is the team willing to raise the level limit to 55?
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    They are not raising the level limit cap, they will let you know when they do, same guys keep asking same question every week
  • I stopped playing Raids because I collected a lot of Raid Chips from Away Missions and they kept getting stolen. I didn't think that was right. So what are my options if I have to play raids again or else?

@Kabam Miike

I am wondering this same thing. I Do not raid and have just over 1100 medals, enough to allow me to get alpha shards when needed. I also have saved up over 300,000 raid chips from only doing away missions. Does this update mean I will be raided even though I don't raid in return? That does not seem fair.

Maybe if the stealing of raid chips was more fair I would have kept raiding but the way it stood when I was raiding. I would steal maybe 3-5000 chips on a win, but when I lost on my defence I would lose 18-20000 at a time.

This happened to me when I was raiding and lost a ton of chips. I was also never able to have a revenge attack either but even if I had the people who raid spend their chips right away so I have no chance to win back the chips they stole. Which is why I stopped raiding in the first place.

I never hit the leader board and have no reason to want to. Will this only affect those on the raid leader board that are not raiding (and sitting on a ton of medals) or everyone no matter how many medals they have?

@Kabam Miike any input on this?
  • Odie21Odie21 Posts: 209
    Mustangjon wrote: »
    They are not raising the level limit cap, they will let you know when they do, same guys keep asking same question every week

Thank you for the insightful post ;)

• So if we can only buy 1 3* and 1 4* what happens to the other chips if a player try to go for the 4* and misses by a few hundred. They buy 1 3* and then are left with 80k+ more chips they can't use? I get the 4* being limited to 1 but there's shouldnt be a limit on the 3*.
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    With the new AM start time and many NA (at least western side of it) still sleeping, can we change it so you don't need someone in BG1 to unlock BG2 and then BG3? It would help so someone doesn't have to wait around if they are not in BG1.

Can we allow all of them to be unlocked right away? I never understood the reasoning for this.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    edited September 2017
    Thanks @Kabam Miike , I misunderstood the concept of "competing against ppl from the same region". I was thinking the Arena opponent teams are coming from said players (SgtSlaughter, don't bother me :'( ...), while it's about whom to rank against when the Arena finishes.

@Bigbowlr you can read the replies, Miike said the remaining chips could be converted to something yet to be decided.
  • I for one am excited for the new changes/shakeup. Thx for the frequent responses kabam miike
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Any chance we can get a heads up on possible new AM boss/mini bosses?
  • But can you Kabam increase the limit for purchasing those bots? Like a limit of five please?
  • Nick_80Nick_80 Posts: 225
    @Shadow_Prime13 so you think that you can get 500K featured chips in 1 month?
  • LaprasLapras Posts: 258
    Honestly, i am kind of dreading this update. What they forgot to mention is all the new bugs it will be coming with. They seem to be unable to fix the bugs that have been plaguing the game for months and more recent ones with iOS 11 that make the game unplayable.

Everyone get rdy....
  • nomisunomisu Posts: 307
    fix 3.1.4 first yeah
  • Mufc14Mufc14 Posts: 643
    @Kabam Miike
    I usually got the 3* bots & duped them from the arena only.
    Is that possible after the October update or should I buy crystals to dup the monthly bot?
  • ZapperZapper Posts: 186

That's a good question! This is something that I has asked the team as well, and the answer is that this is meant to create a sense of urgency. We don't want people to be able to hoard Chips for months on end waiting to get a specific bot.

It's admittedly something that some players will not like, but it's a choice the team has made for the game's long term health.

O.K, noted, but if this change is intended to make me play or pay more please pass to the game team that I won't, if I don't see a realistic chance to get the bot.
  • tekkn1kaltekkn1kal Posts: 430
    edited October 2017
    Odie21 wrote: »

Thank you for the insightful post ;)

In truth, you probably won't see the level cap go up at least until they release more of the Story content. Event content is really low XP, so all these events they keep releasing barely move the needle on your XP meter. So as far as that feeling of "wasted grinding", it wouldn't really have much of an impact even if you did have the level cap out of your way.
  • Can we get crystal shards from all arenas or just crystal bounty arenas
  • You can get them from all arenas technically, but crystal bounty arenas is specifically made for crystal shards, unlike the bot or mod arenas. @ajithgladin
  • MaxBebopMaxBebop Posts: 481
    If arenas will now be by region, like NA & EU players won't get pitted with each other, will each region have its own rank board, or will it still be global ranking?
  • What's the purpose for the region division? Arena teams are just user-preset teams without the actual player playing. There's no timezone division. So why shouldn't a US player fight against an European team? Are we going to have some sort of a worldcup?

The Region division is more for timing. If the Arenas are all 24 hour now, there can be certain time zones that would get an advantage over others, depending on when they start. When they're all closer together, this is less of a case, so we sp
    What's the purpose for the region division? Arena teams are just user-preset teams without the actual player playing. There's no timezone division. So why shouldn't a US player fight against an European team? Are we going to have some sort of a worldcup?

The Region division is more for timing. If the Arenas are all 24 hour now, there can be certain time zones that would get an advantage over others, depending on when they start. When they're all closer together, this is less of a case, so we split the Regions into their own arenas!

Does this mean arena rank will
    You can get them from all arenas technically, but crystal bounty arenas is specifically made for crystal shards, unlike the bot or mod arenas. @ajithgladin

I asked about future arenas after update
    Yes arena brackets will be by region
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789

2 - There is no 2-Star Featured bot available to purchase anymore. While it made sense when the event was only a raid event to have that option, there are waaaay too many ways to get Chips now for it to be something we need to continue to create.

If there's no way to get the 2* version then how are we supposed to unlock the max forge on the 3* to go from 75 to 100?

If the max forge system isn't being supported I think it needs to be retired and just have 100 as the max by default.
    4* are future and no need to max forge 3*
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    4* are future and no need to max forge 3*

I know that and I'm not asking for it for myself, I wouldn't use it. Quite simply though, it's not everyone's future. You're not speaking for the entire population nor everyone's playstyle.

Not everyone will have 4* and they still need a future.

By an extension of your logic and thinking forge should just be removed from the game entirely for 1*, 2* and 3* bots. It shouldn't even exist.

But it really doesn't matter if you think it's 'needed' or not, you're only talking about the extreme end game.

The fact is it exists, and if it's not going to be supported then it needs to be changed. It's not good enough to simply ignore something broken just because it's 'not needed' for you.

Try to think bigger than just yourself and your hardcore player's endgame.

Think about the game as a whole, and from the outside, to have a feature, increasing max level forge, that is literally impossible because the game doesn't offer the 2* bots anywhere.

The only valid reason to not have 2* (or 1* for that matter) is purely for marketing. If it's too easy to get a copy of the bot then people might feel less inclined to spend chasing their dream bot, just owning the character model at any star level would be enough for them... but it's such a niche proportion why bother being so restrictive just to deny them.