Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

October Update Discussion Thread

Comments

• Reduction is a backwards step but I will say @Kabam Rimehaven could you please show us a chart on previous and current rewards for arena including previous milestones and the current non existent milestones so we can see the apparent improvement? I would greatly appreciate this
  • WolfeWolfe Posts: 80
    I've lost all drive to even bother with arena today. Milestones gave a sense of accomplishment. Rank rewards could do that if we had any idea of where we stood in rank after each round.
  • Well I can't afford to play arena now until you fix this, those rich enough to play it shouldn't take much effort to reach the top as the bottom guys don't carry enough gold to play.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    edited October 2017
    Really DISAPPOINTED with the removal of milestone rewards (PBC shards, energons) and of Arena Chips. Many posters have said enough so I'm just expressing my dislike of the otherwise unannounced but sucker-punch-style change.

Well you're pushing people to raid because you can buy energon with raid chips? But why releasing so many advanced materials (4* shards, T2A, T3B) when we all strive for gold, then cut it off from Arena?
    I just don't get the arena changes. You may have destroyed an important aspect of the game for many people.

The raid changes work and are good idea to offer more purchases even tho the raid itself is boring.
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    raids having bugs now.. not getting the said Galvatron chips there. Just won one and nothing.
  • Davien wrote: »
    raids having bugs now.. not getting the said Galvatron chips there. Just won one and nothing.

you will only get galvatron chips from raids during the raid weekly event, week 3. that was said in the original post for the update.
    Until something changes I think I'm done spending. This was like a kick in the stomach.
  • We are supposed to get Galvatron chips when we open crystals correct? I opened up a 4* crystal and didn't receive any chips.
    To test it further I opened up some other crystals and I got chips from those. I got the chips from a 3* crystal, two 2* crystals, and a Galvatron crystal, for a total of 1300 chips so far.

Is there a glitch with the 4* crystals, should I try to open up a support ticket in game? thoughts? @Kabam Miike
  • kranderskranders Posts: 479
    Hey Guys!

Sorry! I might have been able to explain this better. Firstly, Arena Chips that you've stored are still perfectly good and aren't going anywhere! You'll still be able to exchange them for Arena Crystals.

Secondly, our goal wasn't to get rid of Arena Crystals. You'll still be getting Arena Crystals, but now, instead of getting Arena chips in Arena fights, and then buying the crystals, we've just put Arena crystals in the Rank rewards. We've worked hard to balance the amount of Crystals to the amount of fights you usually did to win them, but in case we are off, we are very open to correcting course in the future.

We aren't trying to change anything about the way you all play here, and we're definitely not trying to take away Arena Crystals. We're just trying to simplify the economy over time.

I hope this cleared things up, but please don't hesitate to ask any more questions, or to give some feedback once you've checked it out!

@Kabam Miike The updates to arena are all around bad. Is the point to force the purchase of gold crystals? Because that is what it feels like not being able to obtain gold from arenas in the same day. Also I happen to grind arena a lot just sitting around and the rewards being offered for ranks certainly does not equal what I would have gotten in a day so this is really frustrating. If you want to remove milestones to replace with ranks that's fine but removing the series payouts is crap. That was definitive reward for grinding arena. Now all that grinding throws you into a pool of rank brackets which results in far less cumulative chips. That's not even mentioning the loss of energon.

Unless you add in another way to grind gold this change to arena is horrible.
  • DirculesDircules Posts: 509
    WarCat wrote: »
    This is a nice way to reward the players who drop lots of money on this game, and to screw the rest of us who don’t spend money. To “earn” 15 arena chips I have to rank 1-5? What kind of unmitigated crap is that? In a single day of running arena I could normally clear 750,000 points and earn enough shards to purchase 20 arena chips. Now my reward is cut in half and that’s only if I rank in the top 5. This is idiotic at best, and a total screw you loyal player at worst. Not that I expect you or anyone at Kabam to give a single solitary damn what most of us think. You haven’t cared about our complaints when it came to the way you keep changing things, and sadly I don’t expect that attitude to change.

This is true for the first day of an arena where you get the milestones.

Let's do some calculation here...

Let's say 30k points per fight won (after streak 15, 3x multiplier, etc). 330 chips per fight, since naturally you win all 3. That means that 90k points means 1 crystal, roughly.

So in a 2 day arena, scoring 750k points a day, that's 1.5M, is about 16 crystals based on fights alone. plus whatever milestones gives you.

Now with a new arena every day, scoring that much, will give you 10 or 13 crystals a day. So maybe 20-26 over two days.

It's not as bad as it seems to be, since you get those 10+ crystals every day regardless of milestones whereas before in 3-day arena after getting milestones, the crystals come a lot more slowly.

Give it some time.

seeker1321 wrote: »
    We are supposed to get Galvatron chips when we open crystals correct? I opened up a 4* crystal and didn't receive any chips.
    To test it further I opened up some other crystals and I got chips from those. I got the chips from a 3* crystal, two 2* crystals, and a Galvatron crystal, for a total of 1300 chips so far.

Is there a glitch with the 4* crystals, should I try to open up a support ticket in game? thoughts? @Kabam Miike

Youonly get galvatron chips when you get a duplicate bot.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    edited October 2017
    @seeker1321 you get Chips when duplicating, not from drawing a new 4* bot.

@Dircules , there's something not considered in your argument: other players. Before the update, the Crystals you get depend on you and you only. If you work hard, you get them, hands down. Now when everybody else is trying to think and put the same effort as you do, why do you think 1.5M points will guarantee a certain bracket for you?
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    Limited time 4* crystal offer for 2.5k energon not appearing for me? why? ppl in my alliance said that after getting 3*s it will appear. I popped open 2 3* crystals just now and this offer did not appear for me? Plus I opened a 4* crystal via shards too.. NOTHING..

dowjyyaqe8pf.jpg
    I believe this offer only comes up after a certain number of 3* are opened. Could be 5 or 10 or 4?
  • @seeker1321 you get Chips when duplicating, not from drawing a new 4* bot.

Thanks for the info. I must have overlooked that in the description. That makes the fact that I got Bludgeon a little worse, I would have rather duplicated one of my other 4* and got the chips :)
  • WarCatWarCat Posts: 171
    edited October 2017
    @Dircules , there's something not considered in your argument: other players. Before the update, the Crystals you get depend on you and you only. If you work hard, you get them, hands down. Now when everybody else is trying to think and put the same effort as you do, why do you think 1.5M points will guarantee a certain bracket for you?

At least you get what I was saying @KillMasterC, I earned the majority of the chips with how hard I wanted to work at it. Now it’s dependent on how well I rank compared to everyone else? The way this change works, my hard work will be for nothing if I don’t rank in the top 1%. Every. Single. Day. Before, if I worked my ass off I would rank in the top 10%. That required me to grind hard and not miss any chance to run the arena. I never used energon refreshes, because that’s just silly. What’s the point of working that hard if my reward is less than what I used to earn, before the rank rewards?
  • Hey Everybody,

Firstly, thank you all for the feedback. These were a lot of changes to the Arena system all at once, but our intention is not to reduce the rewards that you're used to getting from the Arenas, but just move them around. With the change to 7 arenas per week, and the shift to Rank Rewards instead of Milestone, we're definitely going to have to keep an eye on this to make sure that we did this correctly.

We'll be looking at the data, as well as taking your guys feedback as well, but we're gonna have to wait a few days to see how these Arenas go.
  • TotherkinsTotherkins Posts: 299
    edited October 2017
    Hey Everybody,

Firstly, thank you all for the feedback. These were a lot of changes to the Arena system all at once, but our intention is not to reduce the rewards that you're used to getting from the Arenas, but just move them around. With the change to 7 arenas per week, and the shift to Rank Rewards instead of Milestone, we're definitely going to have to keep an eye on this to make sure that we did this correctly.

We'll be looking at the data, as well as taking your guys feedback as well, but we're gonna have to wait a few days to see how these Arenas go.

Main issue is you're making the rewards percentage based and for some silly reason we're still doing the whole top 5 thing. If you want to go to this system broaden the percentages...and increase number of top rank.
    Hey Everybody,

Sorry Mike, but your non-answer is nonsense. You completely ignored where I said I could easily clear 20 arena crystals a day. So how is this beneficial to me to cut that to a max of 15 per day? I get that your the corporate mouth piece, but your answer is pure junk. Your bosses are punishing me and everyone else who doesn’t spend money on this game by instituting a change that does nothing but harm us.
    It harms money spenders too. Basically anyone who grinds arena.
    edited October 2017
    This feels like nothing more than a push to get us to buy more of the junky gold cryatals. I give it a few weeks before they decide to reduce the gold payout in story missions as well.
    WarCat wrote: »

At least you get what I was saying @KillMasterC, I earned the majority of the chips with how hard I wanted to work at it. Now it’s dependent on how well I rank compared to everyone else? The way this change works, my hard work will be for nothing if I don’t rank in the top 1%. Every. Single. Day. Before, if I worked my ass off I would rank in the top 10%. That required me to grind hard and not miss any chance to run the arena. I never used energon refreshes, because that’s just silly. What’s the point of working that hard if my reward is less than what I used to earn, before the rank rewards?

You're right. If suddenly everyone goes nuts on these arenas and drives up the scores we all lose
  • DanxorDanxor Posts: 5
    To quote your post
    We've reduced the Series Gold cost to 350 Gold to search for an opponent and increased the Fight and Series Gold rewards. This means that you'll never lose gold as long as you win the series.

But when I go 3-0 in arena it says I earned 300 gold. I lose 50 gold every arena. I used to make a ton, this is stupid

• Danxor wrote: »
    To quote your post
    We've reduced the Series Gold cost to 350 Gold to search for an opponent and increased the Fight and Series Gold rewards. This means that you'll never lose gold as long as you win the series.

But when I go 3-0 in arena it says I earned 300 gold. I lose 50 gold every arena. I used to make a ton, this is stupid

Wait... What? You could never break even with gold from Arena fights in the past. I'll ask the team if the current gold amounts are correct.
  • WarCat wrote: »
    Hey Everybody,

Sorry Mike, but your non-answer is nonsense. You completely ignored where I said I could easily clear 20 arena crystals a day. So how is this beneficial to me to cut that to a max of 15 per day? I get that your the corporate mouth piece, but your answer is pure junk. Your bosses are punishing me and everyone else who doesn’t spend money on this game by instituting a change that does nothing but harm us.

And maybe you're right! The team is watching this very closely, and will make further adjustments if they need to following a few rounds of Arenas!
  • DanxorDanxor Posts: 5
    edited October 2017

Wait... What? You could never break even with gold from Arena fights in the past. I'll ask the team if the current gold amounts are correct.

Yes gold wise I would never break even, but with the Arena Chips I would make a lot of profit. Now you can't play arena all the time for profit
    edited October 2017
    I hope you are right.
  • Arenas are ruined. No milestones means no motivation to compete with those who always win. I used to look forward to crystal bounty weekends and I looked forward to this update, but I won't be partaking in this until it's fixed. Not playing arenas means no chance at higher star bots and therefore no reason to play at all. RIP forged to fight