Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Act 3 Chapter 2.2 Help

I'm stuck on the motor master on the hard path. I cannot overcome his 15% Regen and have no clue who I should use to try to beat him. 120 hits in and he's still at 3/4 health.

Comments

• Options
    ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited October 2017
    What pi bot you using to fight him with? What's his pi?

Generally speaking, OG, bumblebee and mirage do well against MM if you understand how to utilize them, as does Mixmaster. Starscream should also be a good choice
  • Options
    TrailfireTrailfire Posts: 590
    SS can be good on MM if you don’t have a tact and he has a repair Block. What’s the actual mod description? I can’t remember it
  • Options
    Yeah, if you have BB, USE HIM!!
  • Options
    Manthro wrote: »
    What pi bot you using to fight him with? What's his pi?

Generally speaking, OG, bumblebee and mirage do well against MM if you understand how to utilize them, as does Mixmaster. Starscream should also be a good choice

I was using a 1300 4/40 3* Prowl

• Options
    I just used Ironhide and blew him away with heavies.
  • Options
    Shockwave has a nice repair block on sp2 if you’ve got him
    Prowl can be tricky for MM because Prowl needs so much time backing off, and MM is a monster at closing distance.
    Any tact, or even any bot with ranged heavy can help.
    But MM just takes a bit of practice. His sp1 creates a nice opening if you can get him to use it when you’re ready. And you can sidestep and counter attack his charge if you get the timing right

Just don’t attack him when he’s standing back and waiting. He’ll intercept you every time :)
  • Options
    I never got stuck anywhere on chapter, so I did not take note of any special tactic needed. But, knowing the max 3* I rolled with, blue optimus maxed was plenty enough to take him out with class bonus (vaguely rings a bell, if the fight was tough perhaps got an above average bleed trigger or something that caused me to not notice?). Otherwise if I wasn't using the usually class bonus it was probably ironhide (s2 doesn't care about healing) or maxed wingblade (even an average bleed stack from her maxed would mean I'd never even notice the healing). I'm kind of curious what the node description was too now, honestly do not remember healing being a factor in any story fight yet :P
  • Options
    Trailfire wrote: »
    Shockwave has a nice repair block on sp2 if you’ve got him
    Prowl can be tricky for MM because Prowl needs so much time backing off, and MM is a monster at closing distance.
    Any tact, or even any bot with ranged heavy can help.
    But MM just takes a bit of practice. His sp1 creates a nice opening if you can get him to use it when you’re ready. And you can sidestep and counter attack his charge if you get the timing right

Just don’t attack him when he’s standing back and waiting. He’ll intercept you every time :)

I just pulled a 4* shockwave. I'll level him up and use him!
  • Options
    Nice! He’s cool, although different to use than other bots. He should be a great bot to use against Mega in AM though, since he cuts off that repair with his sp2 so quickly