Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Alternate Bots

DaritronDaritron Posts: 24
edited October 2017 in General Discussion
Just putting my thought out there, I think it would be a great idea to be able to switch the look of the bot to whatever series the player chooses. For example, if I wanted bumblebee to look like the G1 bumblebee, I could press something to switch the Dark of the Moon bumblebee to that one. Anyone else have thoughts on this?
Tagged:

Comments

• I also have an idea to have the ability to see a bot’s fighting moves in the Bots section without having to fight to test them out.
  • Drake6401Drake6401 Posts: 321
    I wouldn't mind this actually. It would allow alt versions to come around sooner and in a higher quantity since the developers don't have to get them a new class and combat build. There would still be a technical "main" version since bots typically only synergy with their own universe version.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    I've talked about skins for sale for a long time. Dunno why it isn't available yet.
  • DirculesDircules Posts: 509
    While it sounds like a nice idea, it will limit the amount of possible bots to release. For example we already have two Optimus Primes, a G1/(CW) version and a movie version. Allowing skins to switch the look of a bot from G1, to Prime, to Movie, to Rescue Bots, means there can be less bots overall. I prefer many different versions of the same, like our current Prime, as they are both very different bots for different purposes.
  • There are already a ton of bots on a possibility line up. There’s plenty that could still be added rather than the same bots over and over. The bot could still have the same moves too.
  • edited October 2017
    While Skins would be cool, the thing about all of these different Generations and Universes is that each of these Bots is pretty different in some of them! It'd be pretty hard to compare the cool, calm and tactical minded Optimus with his more trigger happy and brutal version from the Cinematic Universe.

It would be kind of cool to see something like this in the future, so I will pass it on to the team, but having been something we have discussed in the past, I don't think it would be something to hold your breath for.
  • AAGZ0921AAGZ0921 Posts: 194
    edited October 2017
    How about just letting us choose which version of the bot we want? If we don't like it, then we have to wait for another crystal and hope the same bot comes out so we can choose another version. For example, two bumblebees, one from the bayformers group and one from 1984. I hated the one from 1984 so if I spin another crystal again and I'm lucky to get bumblebee again, then I can choose the bayformer one. No other bots could be chosen. Could work with O.G Optimus and MV1 primes. Signature abilities could be further improved that way. I doubt anyone here has a bot with a 100% signature completion.
  • MaxBebopMaxBebop Posts: 481
    Skins is a good idea, but G1 won’t happen, kabam may not have the licenses for those designs, the most recent transformers game that used G1 bot designs was Devistation developed by Platinum Games and is published by Activision, until hasbro gives kabam the green light to gain access to those bot designs we won’t see anything on this game that has true G1 bots.

You have to see that this game is still new, only 6 months in from launch, they are going to be using bots from the most recent toy lines IDW Generations from 2014, Combiner Wars and Titans Return from 2015-2016 plus what ever bots from the movies, and a couple from the Master Piece line, it’s very difficult for developers to get access of certain things without having to violate any copyrights, like Miike said “don’t hold your breath”.
  • Skins is the best! I have made my old thread about that. Bots and Base Skins! Would be really great when you raid you will see various theme of base decorated