Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Regions for Arena Ranked Rewards

Just wondering how the arena regions are determined for ranked rewards? What if you're using a VPN and your location is constantly changing? What region would you be placed in?
Tagged:

Comments

• Why does this matters and why would you use a VPN for this game
  • Hey there -

Currently, we have 3 brackets! They break down as follows:

- Americas
    - Europe & Africa
    - Asia & Oceania

If you move to/live in one of these regions, you'll be participating in that specific region. However, if you start in one region you can't go to another's bracket. So even if you switched using a VPN, you'd still be in that first initial region. :)
  • Thanks so much @Kabam Vydious
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited October 2017
    BigSquirt wrote: »
    Why does this matters and why would you use a VPN for this game

Because, if she's on her home WiFi she might already have a VPN running in the background all the time.

There really is no downside to using a VPN at all, except throttling bandwidth if you don't have a good one.
  • SamanthaSamantha Posts: 18
    edited October 2017
    Manthro wrote: »
    BigSquirt wrote: »
    Why does this matters and why would you use a VPN for this game

Because, if she's on her home WiFi she might already have a VPN running in the background all the time.

Exactly that. The streaming services I use aren't available in my country so I need to use a VPN.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    For the moment, Chinese Android players cannot play missions unless they use proxies. I'm now using one, so I will know my region when the current t3b arena finishes in a couple of minutes.
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    edited October 2017
    Typically region would be based on the app store used to download the game, because that version of the game has a 'region' in it, for iOS anyway.

Kind of weird and convoluted to program regions based on IP. VPN shouldn't effect it at all.
  • DirculesDircules Posts: 509
    How do you find out what region you're in?