Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

The strong get stronger while the weak stay the same slow progress

13»

Comments

• Odie21Odie21 Posts: 209
    Katsis wrote: »
    Agreed to the op’s main idea hence my first ever comment in this forum. I thought of quitting the game cause I got stuck with 4star bots maxed at r3. There is no real chance for me to gain T2, not even a piece of it, considering the difficulty.
    I don’t really consider myself “strong” but I am close to another r3 4*. Question: what does that make me?

Beginners and people like me who play for months will be stuck at this point and eventually quit cause we don’t afford to pay for a slight chance to earn the items we need. T3 spark can be acquired with considerable efforts but T2 alpha...

If the admin sees this which I assume he already acknowledges of what’s going on I suggest there will be a real change to this. Otherwise people will quit and this is a fact.

In due time, just like the availability of Alpha Sparks was scarce a few months ago, now people have too many. The availability of these sparks (T1 Alpha, T3) are much easier now and with the T2 Alpha arena, etc they are slowly becoming more available. In 2-3 months, we'll look at normal Alpha Sparks like we look at T1 Sparks and T2 Alpha sparks will be as plentiful as the T1 Alpha Sparks are now. Then people will be asking for the Class Specific T3 Sparks.

Don't quit, just give it a little bit of time. Once T3 Class specific sparks come out and are plentiful, you know the 5* bots are around the corner.

• Odie21Odie21 Posts: 209
    One other thing Kabam could do better is more tips and guides for newer players. When I started, I had no idea what the Class specific ore was or that I needed to forge the bot tier below to maximize the 75 to 100 levels, or how to interact with the community outside of a forum, etc.

I think a better, more comprehensive help section may also help keep the newer players around longer as the may not want to come and post on a forum or talk in global chat.
  • Katsis wrote: »
    Agreed to the op’s main idea hence my first ever comment in this forum. I thought of quitting the game cause I got stuck with 4star bots maxed at r3. There is no real chance for me to gain T2, not even a piece of it, considering the difficulty.
    I don’t really consider myself “strong” but I am close to another r3 4*. Question: what does that make me?

Beginners and people like me who play for months will be stuck at this point and eventually quit cause we don’t afford to pay for a slight chance to earn the items we need. T3 spark can be acquired with considerable efforts but T2 alpha...

If the admin sees this which I assume he already acknowledges of what’s going on I suggest there will be a real change to this. Otherwise people will quit and this is a fact.

Wait, wait, wait. So you got some of your 4* bots to rank 3 and almost decided to quit because you couldn't instantly rank them to 4? You clearly have not played this since launch and I'm going to guess you spent some money to get what you have now.

The reason I say this is because back at launch, most people I knew were getting 4* bots and were flat out stuck, in a much worse way than today, at rank 1. Rank 1 was highest you could go with a 4* bot. Getting a single alpha was crazy enough without having to worry about getting a second.

There is ALWAYS going to be a grind wall. ALWAYS. Even as t3b begins to flow readily and t2a trickles down a bit more, new rank materials will present themselves in obscure and HARD ways to acquire. The top players will begin to acquire the new materials immediately while those lower down will need to grind up and work towards getting it themselves. Eventually it will be easier to acquire and the cycle will begin again.

I don't know why people can not fathom this concept. This game is setup in such a way that if you CANNOT acquire it, THEN YOU DON'T NEED IT. If you have so many Rank 3 4* bots that you're getting bored and already thinking of quitting, then you should be able to handle Expert Spotlight Mission and earn yourself a T2A and get yourself a rank 4. I've known several people to have acquired this already and have not spent a dime. Using rank 3 4* bots. I've known people to get it with less.

As I have stated elsewhere in this post. The weak do not stay weak. The weak can grind like the strong did and build themselves up. But it takes time and is not happening over night or even over a month. And while the "weak" grind, guess what, so are the "strong". There are tons of ways to get rank up materials that those of us who started at launch, had to work our butts off to get way back.
  • KatsisKatsis Posts: 3
    @Hired_Goon I acknowledge the curve and how things work in games like this one but this doesn’t mean people should stop posting their concerns. Despite how the developer decides to “balance” the game and the users’s progress they must come up with another strategy instead of maintining norms like the one you mentioned during the launch of the game and the initial lack of alpha sparks (which now is T3, T2a and so on so forth).

Anyways I should be coming up with a suggestion and the most logic one I got is creating a bigger pond of T3 basic and T2 alpha spark shards for the users to claim.
  • Hired_Goon wrote: »
    Katsis wrote: »

Wait, wait, wait. So you got some of your 4* bots to rank 3 and almost decided to quit because you couldn't instantly rank them to 4? You clearly have not played this since launch and I'm going to guess you spent some money to get what you have now.

The reason I say this is because back at launch, most people I knew were getting 4* bots and were flat out stuck, in a much worse way than today, at rank 1. Rank 1 was highest you could go with a 4* bot. Getting a single alpha was crazy enough without having to worry about getting a second.

There is ALWAYS going to be a grind wall. ALWAYS. Even as t3b begins to flow readily and t2a trickles down a bit more, new rank materials will present themselves in obscure and HARD ways to acquire. The top players will begin to acquire the new materials immediately while those lower down will need to grind up and work towards getting it themselves. Eventually it will be easier to acquire and the cycle will begin again.

I don't know why people can not fathom this concept. This game is setup in such a way that if you CANNOT acquire it, THEN YOU DON'T NEED IT. If you have so many Rank 3 4* bots that you're getting bored and already thinking of quitting, then you should be able to handle Expert Spotlight Mission and earn yourself a T2A and get yourself a rank 4. I've known several people to have acquired this already and have not spent a dime. Using rank 3 4* bots. I've known people to get it with less.

As I have stated elsewhere in this post. The weak do not stay weak. The weak can grind like the strong did and build themselves up. But it takes time and is not happening over night or even over a month. And while the "weak" grind, guess what, so are the "strong". There are tons of ways to get rank up materials that those of us who started at launch, had to work our butts off to get way back.

I have to agree with him here.
    I myself not a buyer and farm energon, ore and grind harder. I only have 2 rank3 4* and rest rank-2 4* i player harder every arena or raid event to collect the Sparks.
    And the kabam has arranged thing so well that with time i am able to upgrade all my bots.

Also i have even manged to complete expert last stage for full T3 . Though exploration is way beyond right now

And if getting T2A would have been so easy then their would have be no fun chasing the ranking.
  • MallowmanMallowman Posts: 125
    I agree that the game is all about the grind. Every 4* I’ve gotten has been through either arena or 4* shards. The more you play the more you know the mechanics and matchups. As others have said the ranking up supplies such as t3b are becoming more plentiful. You can gather everything without spending a cent besides rulers of cybertron in my opinion. The rngesus has not blessed me with a g1 prime.