Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Silence no longer, I love the update...

I for one am getting back way better awards through arena than I ever did. People really have to take into account that each arena is only a days worth of work and not three. (Been hitting 1-2%). Also, look in the shop today! Tier 3 basic! Before that we had energon and crystals! All easily attainable... Kabam may have taken away a few awards, but they really didn't. They just rearranged how you are getting them. Plus getting more!!

I am really enjoying the game and just felt like a little positivity was needed. That's all.

Comments

• TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    Oh? Where did they re-arrange the gold to?
  • Drake6401Drake6401 Posts: 321
    First positive post about the update I've seen, and one I agree with. Raids got a huge improvement with new rewards and a matchmaking system that will start removing dead bases from the rolls over time. Arenas now have the things everyone's been begging for like spark essence and character chips. Ontop of that, we can get the new bots without gambling at the crystals which have even been reduced in price. ^^
  • Drake6401Drake6401 Posts: 321
    @Terminal

I've actually maintained the same gold revenue from arena's as before. In the only system, you gradually lost gold in the 4 star arena and made it back in crystals. The new system produces less crystals but costs less gold and gives more gold for winning a round. Unless you sandbag, you'll keep about the same gold income. Energon however, did take a bit of a hit.
  • Thanks Drake.

And to address the gold.... I'm still producing the same. Also whenever I need gold, I just sell a bunch of ORE. I can't be the only person with a lot of that stored up.
    sorry, 3 series gave 1 crystal, which is way more than what was lost, and way more than what is gained from winning a round now.
  • Odie21Odie21 Posts: 209
    Well, I've kept quiet concerning some of the changes due to seeing how things played out. What I think we have to look at is the OVERALL picture. With the Daily Class mission, with the super awesome Raid Store rewards as of late, with the Arena's being 24 hours long and rewards are definitely attainable if you put some effort in. You can tell that they made these changes for newer players, not necessarily the long time veterans (but still plenty of stuff to get for those that are interested).

I could understand the Alliances that are playing at a high level in AM, as gold has been somewhat reduced and since its costs SO MUCH gold at the high AM levels to play, its starting to take away people's interest to play that high of a level when you in one week can get a hell of a lot more rewards from the Raid store and arena's (T3 and T2A). If they bring back the AM costs, then I foresee the top alliances quit playing it all together. The gold grind under normal conditions is tough, let alone at the levels that OV, Force, etc play.

Overall, I'm happy with the changes. Not necessarily the timing of when Arena's and AM start but not everything can be perfect.
  • KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 1,144
    The T3B in raid store is a life saver lol but the new new rank rewards.. That's another story
    edited October 2017
    @Odie21, they just nerfed the arena rewards. The 20% rank reward is now the 7% rank reward.
  • tekkn1kaltekkn1kal Posts: 430
    My only concern is gold intake and AM schedule. You fix those and I think the update is fantastic, otherwise.

If they keep AM donations free, that would be fine, but I seriously doubt that is here to stay.
    Terminal wrote: »
    @Odie21, they just nerfed the arena rewards. The 20% rank reward is now the 7% rank reward.

I can completely understand and I won't criticize anyone for expressing their opinion because it's important to them but I've learned a lot of things in my life and as a husband, as a father, I've come to learn to worry about the things that matter, not worry about the things that I have no control over (hence why I stopped talking about AM times, level increase, etc). I'm done worrying about "free" items being nerfed in a robot video game. I'm having fun, when I'm done having fun I'll retire.
  • sc00b3sc00b3 Posts: 33
    I think gold uptake is probably about the same for those people that grind arena. But for those occaisional grinders, they are probably not getting enough. Simple fix would be to increase the gold slightly from arena crystals.
    Also don't forget that gold might be being used as a limiting factor (part of progression - carrot on a stick, something to work for)!
    edited October 2017
    Odie21 wrote: »

I can completely understand and I won't criticize anyone for expressing their opinion because it's important to them but I've learned a lot of things in my life and as a husband, as a father, I've come to learn to worry about the things that matter, not worry about the things that I have no control over (hence why I stopped talking about AM times, level increase, etc). I'm done worrying about "free" items being nerfed in a robot video game. I'm having fun, when I'm done having fun I'll retire.

I guess I wasn't clear. They just changed the 24hr rank rewards today.

I'm not talking about comparing it to the old system, I'm talking about comparing it to yesterday, stating it as a fact.

You said "Arena's being 24 hours long and rewards are definitely attainable". Changing it to needing to hit top 7% instead of top 20% no longer makes it 'definitely attainable', and top 7% is certainly not something for newer players.

They have nerfed the 24hr rank rewards since yesterday.
  • BOFADBOFAD Posts: 481

I'm not talking about comparing it to the old system, I'm talking about comparing it to yesterday, stating it as a fact.

You said "Arena's being 24 hours long and rewards are definitely attainable". Changing it to needing to hit top 7% instead of top 20% no longer makes it 'definitely attainable', and top 7% is certainly not something for newer players.

First of all its obtainable if you work for it. I gurantee you people were logging in, running 8 rounds and dropping out. Is it different than yesterday? Yes it is. The reason is partly due to the above. Honestly if you want it earn it, if not run your 8 rounds and be done.

Second look what you get in return if you are in an alliance. You get shard crytals everyday, if you hit class milestone daily, you get free bots. Most of the time that is a two star but if you get lucky, a free four star like me today. You also get gold for dupes and bot chips.

Its a tradeoff man you get one or the other but rarely both.

The Tier 3 raid store btw is clutch and awesome. Fix the crashes and AM schedule and all is well on this side!
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    edited October 2017
    I'm not unhappy to have a T3B from Raid Store, but raising a bot from full 2/5 to full 3/5 takes about 180K gold, which is what I've been saving for 2 weeks even as a permanent Arena grinder and 4 times in 3-10% after the update.

I keep complaining about the gold nerfing as I can see the upgrading resources will be very unbalanced. It also justifies why more and more people are voting for some Gold Arena.
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    edited October 2017
    Oh? Where did they re-arrange the gold to?
    ^this..
    tekkn1kal wrote: »
    My only concern is gold intake and AM schedule. You fix those and I think the update is fantastic, otherwise.

If they keep AM donations free, that would be fine, but I seriously doubt that is here to stay.

true. makes sense to make AM free since we're getting back the gold anyway after an AM run is complete daily. Like it isn't tough enough already at difficulty 70+? Ppl cant simply go into in anyway just for the rewards so there's no need for gold restrictions.
    Thanks Drake.

And to address the gold.... I'm still producing the same. Also whenever I need gold, I just sell a bunch of ORE. I can't be the only person with a lot of that stored up.

I prefer upping my bots than to sell them if i can. Try get them again when you're running low on them.. it will be slow and painful process.

A guy walks into a grocery store and looks around. His smile of delight immediately turns into that of disgust. He rushes up to the customer service counter and says to the employee, "I want to see the manager!" "Absolutely, sir!". So the employee goes and gets their manager and the manager comes back and says "What can I help you with sir?" The disgruntled customer says, "I've been a long time customer here and I'm EXTREMELY disappointed! I'm looking around and you used to have 10 stations where I could try free food samples but now there are only 7! What the heck?" So the manager is somewhat puzzled and says "I'm sorry sir that you're disappointed but there free food stations and this really doesn't effect you in the real world." The disgruntled customer is so enraged, his head explodes...

...point is, this stuff is free...for everyone. You want something? Earn it, don't expect that you have to do very little to get something, that's entitlement. So everyone should get the rewards in Expert Mode? This is a little video game, with little virtual items. Still very nice rewards regardless of the nerfing changes. Have a gripe about the gold given out now? Ok, as that does affect character development and AM participation, so talk about that, scream about that.

Otherwise, shhh.

• Odie21 wrote: »

A guy walks into a grocery store and looks around. His smile of delight immediately turns into that of disgust. He rushes up to the customer service counter and says to the employee, "I want to see the manager!" "Absolutely, sir!". So the employee goes and gets their manager and the manager comes back and says "What can I help you with sir?" The disgruntled customer says, "I've been a long time customer here and I'm EXTREMELY disappointed! I'm looking around and you used to have 10 stations where I could try free food samples but now there are only 7! What the heck?" So the manager is somewhat puzzled and says "I'm sorry sir that you're disappointed but there free food stations and this really doesn't effect you in the real world." The disgruntled customer is so enraged, his head explodes...

...point is, this stuff is free...for everyone. You want something? Earn it, don't expect that you have to do very little to get something, that's entitlement. So everyone should get the rewards in Expert Mode? This is a little video game, with little virtual items. Still very nice rewards regardless of the nerfing changes. Have a gripe about the gold given out now? Ok, as that does affect character development and AM participation, so talk about that, scream about that.

Otherwise, shhh.

Hahaha, that was good!
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758

Otherwise, shhh.

your analogy isn't even accurate. No one would complaint about free food counters (except for a **** person). Trolling those wanting to improve the game will only encourage the devs to do more to take away from the players in future.

our reason of pointing out gold and energon lost from arena chips is about the improvement of the game. Taking it out and giving only a bunch via ranks isn't an improvement. Where to compensate for that gold and energon lost from it? 10 arena crystals don't give much already and now they removing our ability to earn them even more?

expecting players to keep spending on gold crystals is just dumb.. rarely anyone would do it. It will only discourage players.. not helping with improving the game at all.

Devs keep saying we're earning more from winning battles in Arena.. but I can safely say the earlier system was better in earnings. Unless if the devs can prove me wrong with comparison of both systems - before and after it was implement and the impact it has on players' gold earnings.. then i will believe. Show me the stats. Even if gold earning is closely similar.. we lost a lot of free energons from arena crystals.. which isn't a lot at all to begin with prior to the arena changes.

Otherwise, shhh.

I don't know the point of your stories and you don't seem to have understood my point.

In the old 2 day bounty, doing all the milestones would get you to 11-20% rank rewards (but closer to 11%, a few extra rounds of using your bots would push it into top 10%).

The old 1 day rank reward was similar, but less (couple hundred less 4* shards) for the same amount of effort... and several times less arena crystals. Easily 50% less or even more.

Now, the 1 day rank reward for 11-20% has been moved to 7%. So the same amount of effort as before will give much less, but not only that, this SEVERELY diminishes gold beyond belief.

Top 30% gets 2 arena crystals. That's equal to building the multiplier to x3 and then doing 5 series. A new player would need a lot more. You argued this new arena is for new players, it isn't.

Everything has been rescaled to not be anywhere near where it was before. I shouldn't need to explain it to you, you're familiar enough with the rankings and how many series is required to reach various ranks, that you should know today's new daily rank rewards (not the first daily rank rewards we had) has had the bar raised significantly.

My issue with what you said is that you said the changes were made for newer players, the rank reward nerfs shows it clearly wasn't made for newer players at all.

Because you like stories, a more accurate analogy would be your boss tells you that you need to work 20 hours a week instead of 10 hours a week but they can't pay you more, in fact they have to reduce your wages by 10%.

Also, arguing that it's free is the most inane and absurd reasoning to give license to do whatever and you then draw some arbitrary line that it's ok to complain about free gold but not free other things, contradicting yourself.

Yes the game is free, so what. People still spend money, I've spent money... but that doesn't change anything. It's a f2p game. There's always going to be free stuff and there'll always be p2w elements and grindy elements. The tension is balancing it all. "It's free, suck it up and take it" is not valid. Some pay money, everyone pays with their time and loyalty supporting the game, helping the game become popular and successful. This is the core for a f2p to grow. Everyone pays in some form and everyone is a customer. People are allowed to be unhappy about something and say so.

Maybe they're right, maybe they're wrong.. but "shhh, it's free" is not a good enough reason to reject their opinion and position. There are many valid reasons to reject it, but 'free' is not one of them.

I don't think everyone should get all the rewards, but I think they should at least be equal to what it was in the old 2-3 day system. It didn't seem unfair and gave new to mid range players something to aim for with a reasonable amount of effort. If they want to be more generous, great, but making it harder doesn't seem right.

Maybe scores are lower right now, but that's because many are upset and not playing properly or lost motivation and direction without milestones to aim for, AND, everything's just been divided into 3 regions.

BUT, if they go and push all the rewards up into higher ranks than they were before then what was the point of splitting it into 3 regions, they didn't make it easier at all, they just offset the easier rewards by making it equally harder by bumping up the difficulty. Instead of a 10% group in the old system it's now a 3% group in 3 regions. So in the end it's harder because the 3% is tougher than 10%.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    He says:
    fz6bt5007tqb.jpg