Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

POOR SHOCKWAVE

Hi if you own a shock wave or foght one you know hes very underwhelming or bad over all sure those synergys make him decent but no one is going to make a all tech team no one kabam im really mad i spent 1300 energon for shock wave just to get a rushed and useless bot thats rank 3 and cant bace deffend at all im very dissapointed kabam to see such a grate TF character be made crap and kabam not giving a single care due to your lazy ablity design on him hes one of the least used bots in the game next to ultra magnus i hope you have read this and hope you buff him for the sake of every one please do it
Tagged:

Comments

• Would please just stop with these pointless threads? We get it, you want shockwave to be buffed but honestly spamming threads makes no difference. Your grammar makes this post almost impossible to read.
  • Odie21 wrote: »
    So you're blaming the company because 1. You didn't play with the bot long enough to really gauge if it was worth the upgrade and 2. You're having "buyers remorse"?

I would suggest that you learn from this and play with the bot a bit before you move forward.

I didint buy rhe enegon i grinded my balls off for that energon
  • Well what about the other players who grinded for the bot and yet unable to achieve him? How do you think they feel?
  • MaxBebopMaxBebop Posts: 481
    Shockwave is fun, he may be weak to you but the synergies are what make him fun and a good contender, Soundwave rhinox and shock are a good combo.
    I agree that he could use a buff in his damage output but Shockwave is one of those bots that is more of skill and ability bot like Mirage, it's more for advanced skill players, knowing when to use him and how to capitalize his synergies, he's great against megatron with his repair block and shock.
  • Drake6401Drake6401 Posts: 321
    I have to agree a bit as I got a 4 star version through the crystals. He's still my most leveled bot simply because Shockwave is my favorite character without rival. I have gotten a lot better with him through that time, and because of that I've got someone of the most experience using him than anyone. He never leaves my team unless it's a raid that doesn't suit him.

Shockwave is a very advanced character which is what I wanted from him. The problem is that Shockwave is hard to use just to be on par. Hard to use characters should be a bit stronger, but only once their difficult style has been mastered. Blocking ranged attacks is actually more frustrating than it sounds. I have a natural instinctive to evade anything that moves and when ever I start trying to block them, they enemy starts favoring melee even if it's Ironhide or Megatron. Once you do get the charges, using them within 6 seconds is a pain in high level missions and raids. The enemies become much more evasive when Shockwave had ready charges. I do however strongly recommend gathering charges before using his S3. His special is the kind that you can power up.

My fix plan for him would be a small attack rating increase by about 5% or some percentages added to his shock debuff instead. Maybe a block proficiency by 10~15% just to reduce some damage from his primary combat style. What would really help is a buff that increases the speed of his projectiles based on how many charges he has. Scaling by rank from 1 to 5 with a ranged speed buff of 15 ~25% per charge. Considering he typically gets 3 at most, this would give a max rank 75% faster shots to better his chances of making use of the charges he manages to obtain.

If they scrapped heal block for Power lock or power drain, I'd be perfectly fine with that too. I've gotten decent at blocking Megatron's ability with Shockwave's S3 but that's the only time that heal block does any real needed good.
  • Hey there! I'll be closing this thread down to help keep the forums more organized. A thread was already recently opened on this topic, and we appreciate you adding your thoughts to those threads that are already opened rather than creating new threads.

Please continue the discussion, in a constructive manner, over here on this thread previously created by the OP. Please also remember that while disagreements and debates are fine, there's no need to make it personal.
This discussion has been closed.