Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

My thoughts about game

I don't even really know where to begin. MCoC vet here. I would like to say I'm decently skilled in MCoC. With that being said this Forged to Fight game needs some major improvements to get people more into the game. I will list several things that are wrong with this game that needs to be addressed ASAP!

1. Lags, crashes and bugs. No way to get into all of these in detail but they are many. I play bare minimum due to crashing every 3 or 4 fights. (Galaxy S8 Plus) I've uninstalled and reinstalled several times. Same out come. This is the most important thing that needs to be fixed.

2. 3D map screens take up too much memory and are confusing in Alliance Missions and Questing. You can't see ahead to know who you are battling to bring proper bots to Fight with. Plus too many times people missing paths due to bug not showing opponent to battle thinking path is done in AM. It's ok to switch these to standard 2D like MCoC.

3. Arenas are ok. They are what they are.

4. Raiding not so bad as soon as you get your own proper defence.

5. Inventory needs to be revisited. Expire times need adjusting.

6. Gold is very limited. Just like MCoC, people aren't going to do the same quest over and over once quest is done just to get gold. Lots of people avoid arenas as well. This has a whole reason of its own. Majority of players do not have the time to grind. You should know this after MCoC. Only a certain percentage grind hard core. Need to find better ways to receive more gold. Especially when we are ranking both Bots and Mods. We need the gold. It should not be a rarity. 20 energon for gold doesn't help.

7. Forging is horrible. I see what you were trying to do but it just doesn't have any good benefits worth the time and effort. Should just get rid of it completely. You can spend six months forging every 2 star into a 3 star and still not have max forge.

8. Leveling and Ranking is ok. Think maxing 3 stars need to be a tad bit easier. Like more Gold? Just saying.

9. Away missions are useless and have no purpose. They should go away along with Forging.

10. Bases are cool. I like them.

11. AM difficulty needs to be simplified. More like MCoC.

12. Last one and another important one. Fighting in a 3D arena takes time and skill to learn the mechanics. It is a very hard game. At a certain point people arent going to want to keep trying. You guys introduced buffed up bots too soon in this game. Have not allowed enough time to learn the ropes. Examples are such as side stepping up or down should have the same outcome. They do not. If I side step up my opponent can hit me versus side stepping down I can hit them. Opponents can use long ranged weapons at point blank range where we can not. No consistency to side stepping and immediately moving into combo. Maybe I just haven't learned yet. These opponents are very hard to catch. Every character is like trying to catch a super buffed up duped Spidey on an immune to stun node using joe fix it. I have trouble with opponent that are only 5 or 600 PI to my few maxed 3 stars I have. This should not be the case. This is far harder than MCoC. 3D style fighting is definitely complex. But rather than attract players your chasing them away. I am a hard core Transformers fan and want this game to succeed. They game is just to hard. Always going to have that handful of hard core players that won't quit til they master it but again a small percentage.

One question, I have no clue why gaming companies think a slow progression in a game is a good thing. Playing for months on end to advance very little makes lots of people stop playing. Only people who play for many hours on end can advance at a reasonable rate. That's not fair. Why is this done?

Anyways... thanks for taking time to read this. Hope a real game developer gets to read this. Game already feels like it's going downhill quick.

OnlyOneAboveAll.

Comments

• MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    Am difficulty here is way better than prestige system.

Forging essentially jumps an entire rank level, granite system was designed for long term but a 3* max forged is like 400 pi higher in all stats and 4* is almost 1000pi jump

We are limited on ranking materials so those of us looking to get advantages max forged bots to essentially skip a rank

With 3 fighting you have way more ways to escape attack than in 2d and it just takes time and practice
  • This is so very true.Thanks for summarizing all the problems to this game. :) If other players defend this recent development of the game especialy The high level beta tester and hardcore spender players.Im sorry to say this game won’t last very long cause our numbers is all but minimum.For these game to survive it should all be accessible ,simple and easy to learn and process.Just like MCOC game where many players are hook up and enjoy the bountiful rewards and swift action to the mistakes of the game like bugs ,glitches and errors of the game.For us to make this game great and even greater than any mobile games and might surpass mcoc we as a player should voice out continously to correct all problems to this game!!!!And for the devs of this game please work your hardest to fix this game once and for all.
  • Mustangjon wrote: »

Forging essentially jumps an entire rank level, granite system was designed for long term but a 3* max forged is like 400 pi higher in all stats and 4* is almost 1000pi jump

We are limited on ranking materials so those of us looking to get advantages max forged bots to essentially skip a rank

With 3 fighting you have way more ways to escape attack than in 2d and it just takes time and practice

Time is what makes people quit.
  • Anttony wrote: »
    This is so very true.Thanks for summarizing all the problems to this game. :) If other players defend this recent development of the game especialy The high level beta tester and hardcore spender players.Im sorry to say this game won’t last very long cause our numbers is all but minimum.For these game to survive it should all be accessible ,simple and easy to learn and process.Just like MCOC game where many players are hook up and enjoy the bountiful rewards and swift action to the mistakes of the game like bugs ,glitches and errors of the game.For us to make this game great and even greater than any mobile games and might surpass mcoc we as a player should voice out continously to correct all problems to this game!!!!And for the devs of this game please work your hardest to fix this game once and for all.

Just judging by forum activity, in game global chat activity, placing relatively high in AM with very low points, and now game team moved down to 1 bot release a month, this game has little hope of survival.
  • Nick_80Nick_80 Posts: 225
    Personally I think the 3D combat is what makes this game fun. I played MCOC and to me the 2D style just felt too plain and simple. The combat is not as complicated as you make it out to be as stated above it just takes a little practice.

This game isn’t meant to be a copy an paste of MCOC this game was made to appeal to a different audience. The game does have a lot of issues but people tend to forget that this game is a little over 6 months old, MCOC has been out for 2 or 3 years.

You argue that time makes people quit, if that was true than why are beta players still here? Yes players come and go but that’s happens with every game. There are players that stay because they enjoy the game for what it is and there are a lot of players like myself who are transformers fans and a enjoyable transformers game is very hard to come by.

Bug issues really need to be addressed and we just want this game to succeed I agree with that but my biggest problem with your post is that in your opinion if it’s not like MCOC that it needs to be trashed. Just stick to MCOC then if it appeals to you more.

Overall my point is that this game is still very young and that this is a different game compared to MCOC.
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    Mustangjon wrote: »

Time is what makes people quit.

I'm not quitting yet.. played since the game launch.

Your point of saying away missions is useless is already giving a bad vibe to your thread. Away missions is where I farm Arena chips and excess gold. Not useless if u log in often to send your bots away. Takes almost zero effort.

Agree with what Mustangjon said.. Forging is super useful if you have max forged a bot. You can do it part by part and see how stronger your bot becomes. Not useless at all. Try it out in high difficulty AM to get what we mean using an unforged bot vs a forged bot. The left side during forging does state the stat increase + the % multiplier meaning how strong your bot is during advantage/disadvantage situation -e.g. 101% etc
  • Guys are missing the point. This game obviously has issues keeping players attention just by the little activity it gets. I've also played since launch. Have 5 4stars already. None of which I've even taken past rank 1. Don't even get a chance to use my 3stars before I ended up with 4stars. Point is that we scored very shitty in AM and still placed top 150. That is bad. Very bad.
  • Also I'm not willing to part with any of my 3stars to forge into my 4stars. So we have a big problem here.
  • JOUSTJOUST Posts: 57
    Away missions are a source of resources! Pay a little gold to get more stuff. Away missions are indispensable!
  • JOUST wrote: »
    Away missions are a source of resources! Pay a little gold to get more stuff. Away missions are indispensable!

Seriously? The payback is miniscule. Worthless. Don't get anything in return that is of much use.
  • Seriously, this post gives me cancer. You come across as whiny to be honest.

You're not willing to forge your 3 stars in your 4 stars? Nobody forces you, but don't say it's useless and should be removed.

You're saying away missions are useless and should be removed? Like DAVIEN, I also get a lot of arena chips from away missions which in return give more gold (takes roughly 10 turns to get 10 crystals, which often give 20k+ gold).

There are some issues with the game that were addressed correctly in other threads, but seriously a list of 12 points with half of them being just a whiny teenager complaining about "worthless returns". Boy oh boy.

Lol and the most ridiculous one by far is 12. The game is hard to play and that's why they should abandon the 3D gameplay? You can't counter attack if you dodge upwards? Never have I read bigger bullshit. If they game is too hard, you've obviously not played long enough. Which is confirmed as you don't even have a level 2 four star bot.

Kids these days... Geez
  • Kids? Funny!!!
  • Odie21Odie21 Posts: 209
    JOUST wrote: »

Seriously? The payback is miniscule. Worthless. Don't get anything in return that is of much use.

Are you actually serious with this post? The away missions aren't designed to "get rich quick" but over the long term the resources it provides are actually VERY beneficial. I could just imagine all the Arena Chips, Raid Chip, PBC's and Gold that I would have missed out on if I didn't play the away missions. All those are resources that you can use to build your team and after a mission is done (other than Raid Chips) you get your gold back I some way.

Stop selling that aspect of the game short because new players need all the resources that they can get.

• Thank you for all of the feedback. Unfortunately, Rants are not allowed on the forums, so I've closed this thread down.

While there are some important points here (we're working very hard on Lag and Crash issues on some devices, but a lot of these are due to device configuration), some of these points are directly related to the basis of the game, and are not going to see a change.

Remember! Although there are some similarities to MCoC, these are two completely different games run by 2 different teams. They are not meant to be mirror images of each other, and each have aspects that make them unique. One big part of that is the 3D maps, and the 3D Arena. Is fighting in a 3D arena more difficult? That's for you to decide, but if you're finding that you're having trouble against some of the Bots on Mods, then you may just not be ready for that level of difficulty yet.

The Forging System is another Unique aspect of Forged to Fight. This isn't something that exists in our other game, and is choice that you make when you decide to utilize it or not. Do you make the choice to sacrifice a little of your Roster, but increase the power of your Stronger bots? That's up to you!

Please refrain from solely comparing Transformers: Forged to Fight to MCoC. It's not a fair comparison.
This discussion has been closed.